Do Angels have sex?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2008 :  02:58:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are no english links, it's in and we might have a lot of problems concerning the translations plus i'm not pro this stuff and don't courage people to take part in such activities.

kind regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  08:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shankar,
quote:
Now, the word in the Greek text describing Mary could equally have meant "young woman". But the church in its early years decided that "virgin" suited its purpose much better. There are many modern versions of the bible that make this clear. But once the belief in the virgin birth got going, there was no stopping it.

It is good to have some Greek and Aramaic speakers amongst us!. Of course, Mary could have meant: "How can I be pregnant, I am a young woman". She was 12 or 13 at the time she became pregnant with Jesus, and unmarried. One thing is for sure, and that is that the angel would have known what she meant, as angels are psychic, so human languages don't confuse them.
Now, if she had meant, "How can I be pregnant, I am a young woman" surely the angel would have replied: "actually, you are old enough to be ovulating, and you have been engaging in pre-marital sex, so it is quite possible for you to be pregnant". Angels are quite honest. But what he said was different, he said "Anything is possible for God", which would make sense with the "virgin" interpretation, but not with the "young woman" interpretation. Then the next thing he says would also be a bit bemusing in the "young woman" context:
"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. "
That would simply have no meaning if Mary was already pregnant through conventional sex with a human. Why would the one to be born be called the Son of God? The "Sons of God" are the offspring of angels.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

shankar

Norway
35 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  09:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit shankar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Shankar,
quote:
Now, the word in the Greek text describing Mary could equally have meant "young woman". But the church in its early years decided that "virgin" suited its purpose much better. There are many modern versions of the bible that make this clear. But once the belief in the virgin birth got going, there was no stopping it.

It is good to have some Greek and Aramaic speakers amongst us!. Of course, Mary could have meant: "How can I be pregnant, I am a young woman". She was 12 or 13 at the time she became pregnant with Jesus, and unmarried. One thing is for sure, and that is that the angel would have known what she meant, as angels are psychic, so human languages don't confuse them.
Now, if she had meant, "How can I be pregnant, I am a young woman" surely the angel would have replied: "actually, you are old enough to be ovulating, and you have been engaging in pre-marital sex, so it is quite possible for you to be pregnant". Angels are quite honest. But what he said was different, he said "Anything is possible for God", which would make sense with the "virgin" interpretation, but not with the "young woman" interpretation. Then the next thing he says would also be a bit bemusing in the "young woman" context:
"The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. "
That would simply have no meaning if Mary was already pregnant through conventional sex with a human. Why would the one to be born be called the Son of God? The "Sons of God" are the offspring of angels.

Christi

The answer to all the questions is pretty simple: The angel didn`t say the things she should have said, because it would have thrown the whole purpose of the narrative out of kilter i.e. to create the mythology of the virgin birth Amen!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  9:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

gratitude for the amazing insights each of you brought forward!

just little thoughts that came up on reading this post-

- in the bible, nandhi's most admired person after christ, is joseph. imagine in those days- loved one pregnant and having to totally believe the angel did it; finding unconditional love for mary; having to find 3 dimensional acceptance of the divine and especially to handle society's perceptions!?

- what if the higher evolved being that we call 'angels' are dolphins and whales that live by resonance, the essence within the mantra energies of tapas?

- what if 'angelic' ethereal beings enjoy the orgasmic joys of human since joy states embody the divine and the few moments we are open to subtle energies are when we have sex, when we meditate, while we sleep or sometimes, as we eat?

- if the breakdown of matter is vibration, the living as in vibration and the spirit world too are a threshold of vibration- though different in realms- the union of each in their own levels or the intermingling of each realm is 'sex' or 'love' or 'fusion' or simply seeds to another reality?

just little silly thoughts as 'angels making love!' sparks insights of grand unions of greater reality beyond perception.

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Jul 11 2008 9:34:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  05:44:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by arzkiyahai

Hello everyone,

Do Angels, demiGods, Gods, or any soul who is up in heavens.. do they have sex with each other?

Because some of the gurus claim that there is no sex in heavens?

kind regards to everyone

Hari Om

Please check the link below it might be useful.It is by famous guru swami sivananda

http://www.yoga-age.com/modern/brahma.html

&

http://www.dlshq.org/teachings/brahmacharya.htm

Jai Shri Krishna
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2008 :  6:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine brother ranjan and all the sacred beings here enjoying the human experience!

your insistence on celebrating celibacy as thoughts based on the sacred writings of great swami sivananda at the moment of flow of so many yogic being's thoughts as in this topic is too a blessing- join the divine conversations.

event to utter swamy sivananda's name brings blessings!

swamy sivananda and all yogis who thrive in joy to keep alight joy would wake up to purpose in a birth to fulfill the deepest desired need for humanity by being the human and purpose.

venerable sages like swami sivananda's auspicious presence guides as all- above the navel.

beyond beliefs imposed by collective intellectual ego is the truth of whom we are and where we are and what is the experience of the 'now' that contains source joy that is light.

at the muladhara, the root chakra, is where 9999.9% of humanity climbing up to be be complete and in the maturity having grown above the navel like a ripe cucumber (the meaning and effects of the maha-moksha mantra).

in human karmic realities, the realm below the navel is good- being human and human responsibilities and completing the most sacred work inspired through the awake the muladhara fire. it is only in the completion of muladhara's circle that we ripen above the navel to be celibate.

most aspiring to climb above without having completed the muladhara's circle tumble above due to the weak foundation below.

below the navel is the muladhara, mahaganapathy's grace. it is the muladhara's realm where we adorn the senses to be guided as evolved.

blessings of each to each in this inner lamp. the lord of success dances here to be present when the five elements we are worshiped.

five element worship is lovemaking.

grace as that which awakens siddhis to the 'human' now be lord siva and utilize the human realities with absolute love- yes love making- make love within the inner fire to then recognize the mind as the horse, riding on each breath as with knowing and purpose. the breathless realm of the spirit the rider.

worship here honoring each other on planet earth as as goddesses and gods entails being satisfied at the muladhara chakra to be whole. as yogis we are the seedless desire taking form and letting the form be shrine and recognizing each other as the divine.

how many births we take to quench the muladhara imprints of karma laid by the the primary instinct?

above is the navel is the yogi, who has quenched the several life times thirst of the muladhara through knowing each facet of joy sacred and having burnt away the ripened mind.

what is the special lovemaking the yogi sages are doing immersed in a lamp fire for months, while being spirit alight in tapas in the human body?

we are the yogi/nis who enjoy the fruitfulness of the muladhara as angels making love and above the navel as spirit- the knower of human purpose- guided and as the hamsa, the sacred swan that guides the mind- gliding above while alighting each cell to thrive in the ascending yogic energies from the muladhara.

may the muladhara lamp be lit in each and the cosmic lovemaking be our each in experience of the fullest that completes. blessings of fulfillment that naturally evolves as divine in form too.

wholeness above, wholeness below. tantric celibate? celibate tantric?

gratitude to each of each!

blessings of wholeness!

aum

Note: the moderator's edit adjusted format alone, not content.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jul 27 2008 02:42:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  09:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nandhi

aum

divine brother ranjan and all the sacred beings here enjoying the human experience!

Hari Om

divine brother ranjan .I feel very delightful by hearing this.

After reading swami shivananda book of bramhacharaya I understood that a man with perfect celibacy can only achive god,he only can become the man who can always be with god.because god & sex are opposite.
what I meant to say is sex for children is only accepted.All others viz. just even sex thinking, having sex, Masturbation, and what ever related to sex is not pure,and if it is not pure than where is love,where is god.
we can't acheive both sex enjoyment(except having sex for the sake of children) and god(bakthi,purity,etc) as they are opposite.they never meet each other.
I also agree with u r thoghts.but why should we wait for the time to come.who what might happen by the time it comes,how many thousands of years it might take to reach that situation.

now I shall tell U my experince.when ever I would be in sex thoughts , have masturbation as it has become a habit unfortunately.(I very soory to say this .but to frank),because i came to know all about this recently .at this periods I can't concentrate on god.we might be somehow be able to other things but cannot pray god properly that is with bhakti.but once i have come out of this sex circle we might call.
I feel very much indluged in bhakti and purity love emerges like anything.so I am trying very hard to get this enemy out of life and soul and what ever it is.

now I would like ask u a Question?don't u feel that once the mind is comes in contact with just sex thoughts the bhakti starts evacuating as and once sex thoughts are out bhakti is very clear.U will have the power the energy the bhakti and the purity neverthebefore.

and also as sex is gretest, toughest enemy of all.only a pure bhaktha,pure yogi,pure jayni,pure karmayogi can only defeat.there is no one else in this whole world who can defeat it.lets not ignore this sex.let it be completly be destroyed from us.let us have only love,purity and bhakti.

I also agree with u that muladhara chakara must be completed.
but how long can u wait for all this to happen.A true bhaktha must never wait for anything.as ramakrishna parmahamsa said if call god with full force u can achive within secounds.see the life of sadhus,the gurus,the ones who have acived oneness with god.they all r perfect celebate.remember how bagwan budha did 12 yrs of tapasya with celebacy and he achived.all this is a matter of decreasing the time
.the time the very important one.to say truth i CAME TO THIS SITE FOR knowing Kecahri mUDRA.all this I knew by all u r conversation and information in this site is very vast .and thanks for all of u for helping me in this.
now what does this kechari mudra does it only reduces the time of salvation,reduces the time by great extent.but it can never be achived without brahmacharya.their is no match for this.
if u dont belive just u be perfect celebate for just one month invliving u r self in bhakti,jayana,vairagya,self service or just brahmacharya only.u must feel the difference.the difference will be that extent that u will always to be in that state itself.
I think u all will might understand my point on brahmachraya.
for my side I will never leave untill i become a pure brahmachari,urdvaretha yogi. i can't wait anymore
I request all to imbible brahmacharya and become pure completely in bakthi.A true brahmachari can only imbibe krishna,jesus,allah,allmighty.their is no life in sex
Thanks for u r adivice on that divine sister Nandhini.

Jai shri krishna

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

quote:
Another question is if someone can see stars in the sky but calls them gods, what do we say to him?

I guess you have 2 choices. You could either say "I think you may be deluded, they don't look like God's to me", or you could say: "please tell me what I could do so that I also can see that the stars in the sky are Gods".

When does a fruit fall from a tree?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  11:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
or you could say: "please tell me what I could do so that I also can see that the stars in the sky are Gods".

LOL, the implication here being that it would be progress for me to 'see' that the stars in the sky are gods. But throwing away ones education is not progress. One might as well believe that the lampposts are gods.
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2008 :  02:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ranjan

quote:

aum

Hari Om

divine brother ranjan .I feel very delightful by hearing this.

After reading swami shivananda book of bramhacharaya I understood that a man with perfect celibacy can only achive god,he only can become the man who can always be with god.because god & sex are opposite.
what I meant to say is sex for children is only accepted.All others viz. just even sex thinking, having sex, Masturbation, and what ever related to sex is not pure,and if it is not pure than where is love,where is god.
we can't acheive both sex enjoyment(except having sex for the sake of children) and god(bakthi,purity,etc) as they are opposite.they never meet each other.
I also agree with u r thoghts.but why should we wait for the time to come.who what might happen by the time it comes,how many thousands of years it might take to reach that situation.

now I shall tell U my experince.when ever I would be in sex thoughts , have masturbation as it has become a habit unfortunately.(I very soory to say this .but to frank),because i came to know all about this recently .at this periods I can't concentrate on god.we might be somehow be able to other things but cannot pray god properly that is with bhakti.but once i have come out of this sex circle we might call.
I feel very much indluged in bhakti and purity love emerges like anything.so I am trying very hard to get this enemy out of life and soul and what ever it is.

now I would like ask u a Question?don't u feel that once the mind is comes in contact with just sex thoughts the bhakti starts evacuating as and once sex thoughts are out bhakti is very clear.U will have the power the energy the bhakti and the purity neverthebefore.

and also as sex is gretest, toughest enemy of all.only a pure bhaktha,pure yogi,pure jayni,pure karmayogi can only defeat.there is no one else in this whole world who can defeat it.lets not ignore this sex.let it be completly be destroyed from us.let us have only love,purity and bhakti.

I also agree with u that muladhara chakara must be completed.
but how long can u wait for all this to happen.A true bhaktha must never wait for anything.as ramakrishna parmahamsa said if call god with full force u can achive within secounds.see the life of sadhus,the gurus,the ones who have acived oneness with god.they all r perfect celebate.remember how bagwan budha did 12 yrs of tapasya with celebacy and he achived.all this is a matter of decreasing the time
.the time the very important one.to say truth i CAME TO THIS SITE FOR knowing Kecahri mUDRA.all this I knew by all u r conversation and information in this site is very vast .and thanks for all of u for helping me in this.
now what does this kechari mudra does it only reduces the time of salvation,reduces the time by great extent.but it can never be achived without brahmacharya.their is no match for this.
if u dont belive just u be perfect celebate for just one month invliving u r self in bhakti,jayana,vairagya,self service or just brahmacharya only.u must feel the difference.the difference will be that extent that u will always to be in that state itself.
I think u all will might understand my point on brahmachraya.
for my side I will never leave untill i become a pure brahmachari,urdvaretha yogi. i can't wait anymore
I request all to imbible brahmacharya and become pure completely in bakthi.A true brahmachari can only imbibe krishna,jesus,allah,allmighty.their is no life in sex
Thanks for u r adivice on that divine sister Nandhini.

Jai shri krishna

divine ranjan-
tantric celibate and celibate tantric: both ends are the experience of all prophets, saints, masters and the realized!

aum
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  08:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

divine ranjan-
tantric celibate and celibate tantric: both ends are the experience of all prophets, saints, masters and the realized!

aum

Hari Om

Divine sister nandhi

I don't understand much about tantric celibate.
but I know the one who does sex for sake of enjoyment and not for the sake of children is not a complete celibate.it may by doing it diferently it differ a bit or by large margin.but it cannot match to a perfect celibate.

A perfect celibate is the one who dont have the sex attachment or sex thoughts in him completly.
the gurus never had sex.
only the gurus who had married had sex that to for the sake of children and not for enjoyment.so it is clear that having sex for enjoyment is very much incorrect.
it not that sex is only wrong but even thinking of sex is wrong.

see the life of swami vivekanada,sri ramkrishna paramhamsa
hanumaan,sri rama,bagwan buddha,jesus christ,sharadha mata,
mata amruthanandamai,bagwan bhahubali,shri krishna and many more

where can u see the thoght of even sex in their life.that is why they have enlighted their life.

sex is not life how ever modified.it is the thing to be omitted.that is the best of all. it might increase the standard of life by modifying the way of sex but it can never lead to the level of the enlighted one

jai shri krishna

jai shri Krishna
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ranjan said:
it not that sex is only wrong but even thinking of sex is wrong.
where can u see the thoght of even sex in their life.that is why they have enlighted their life.

sex is not life how ever modified.it is the thing to be omitted.that is the best of all. it might increase the standard of life by modifying the way of sex but it can never lead to the level of the enlighted one

Ranjan, I find myself in disagreement with you. Let me ask you this -- what is the source of your thoughts about this? Have you examined the source deeply? Sometimes it is difficult to examine in clarity because deep feelings are not typically very conscious, and cultural conditioning not typically very conscious either.

So who or what told or tells you that even thinking of sex is wrong?
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  4:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine ones, what a question?

a beautiful question!

if as seeds of the seedless

many ascend as brother ranjan to seek that above the navel with ease through bhakthi fire! journey ahead if you wish, if in the knowing you are ready to let go all into lord siva's consuming fires after having lord visnu delivered through bhakti.

sacred bhakti! may all humanity be blessed by the fire of the celibates who take birth to awaken the angelic joys of the human.

bhakthi while making love to soulmate.... relate sex with absolutes of love and love alone....in fulfilled relationships to then be parent.

divine children like lord krishna and christ and buddha and prophet mohammed were all born as children in this love.

be the proud parents of children- parents as father and mother in happiness through harmony that comes from the entwined muladhara.

sex is good. the apple of karma is consumed through love to enable the adam as thought surrendered to eve who has completed her tapas to want in the moment to be the now.

a lamp lit within each as couple and as the multitude, the five elements embracing!

single multiplies to be inner joys that is in perfect accordance of supreme harmony.

the one rule followed as the lamp lit each day. a sacred marriage to light. to alight this outer lamp at least once a day so the inner lamp condenses us into our true spirit being. the only rule that sets us free!

our daily tapas known through lighting this lamp that keeps our inner lamp always dancing in source joys.

life is love that like the seedless fruit be deliciously consumed in the fire of our inner tapas.

love each other intensely to knowing we are with each other with one simple task- to be happy!

to be happy is completions sought- like tying up the rope of one karmic life to the next and completing the circles with responsibility/duty and in our daily fire, seeking light to guide the swan like mind that enjoys the rooftops of the blossoming infinite we hold in each aware breath.

like ripe seedless fruits, grow this garden above the navel. as we grow older, there is nothing to look back that is missing. above the navel, we are the spirit and a natural celibate loving the experience in totality.

aging is slower due to inspired fire as human- the yogi awake in each knowing harmony in life as in all facets especially wellbeing springing from inner happiness.

worship the five elements we are and perceive the fulfilled grace in each.

blessings of each to each, the wise happy being in all the living!

jai guruve thunai

tapasyogi kalathi adimai aadi nandhi

aum namah sivaya

Edited by - nandhi on Jul 31 2008 10:45:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  5:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Nandhi, you took the words out of my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  03:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

david, thank you! actually words pulled out of silence is a bit noisy before settling into the 'flow' though yet all is energy to dwell in.

gratitude everyone, for the wonderful posts here!

aum
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  1:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Great discussion!

This post from this morning in the tantra forum might add some perspective on the celibate non-celibate discussion:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=4225#35937

The suggestion is for each of us to go with a sexual lifestyle that is natural for us (one size does not fit all), and engage in an effective integration of daily yoga practices. Then we will have the best result, regardless of our chosen lifestyle.

Enlightenment cannot be regimented. It is a process of letting go which, paradoxically, is best accomplished through systematic means that are compatible with the life we are living.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  4:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Enlightenment cannot be regimented. It is a process of letting go which, paradoxically, is best accomplished through systematic means that are compatible with the life we are living.

aum

so true yogani, wise sage! your insights are always profound!

aum
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  07:34:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian
[brRanjan, I find myself in disagreement with you. Let me ask you this -- what is the source of your thoughts about this? Have you examined the source deeply? Sometimes it is difficult to examine in clarity because deep feelings are not typically very conscious, and cultural conditioning not typically very conscious either.

So who or what told or tells you that even thinking of sex is wrong?

Hari Om

Hi david,divine sister nandhi and everybody.

I am sorry I am late

many swamijis and gurus have the same idea.

If u read the following book by swami sivananda completely u might be able to understand about brahmachrya.

http://www.dlshq.org/download/brahma_nopic.htm

I shall give one of story in this which express it very effectively:

2. Passion’s hold over man’s mind. Socrates and his disciple

One of the disciples of Socrates asked his teacher, "My venerable master, kindly instruct me how many times a householder can visit his legal wife." Socrates replied, "Only once in his lifetime."

The disciple said, "Oh my Lord! This is absolutely impossible for worldly men. Passion is dreadful and troublesome. This world is full of temptations and distractions. Householders have not a strong will to resist temptations. Their Indriyas are very revolting and powerful. The mind is filled with passion. Thou art a philosopher and Yogi. You can control. Pray, kindly prescribe an easy path for the men of the world." Then Socrates said, " A householder can have copulation once in a year."

The disciple replied, "O venerable sir, this is also a hard job for them. You must prescribe an easier course." Socrates then replied, "Well, my dear disciple, once in a month. This is suitable. This is quite easy. I think you are satisfied now."

The disciple said, "This also is impossible, my revered master. Householders are very fickle-minded. Their minds are full of sexual Samskaras and Vasanas. They cannot remain even for a single day without sexual intercourse. You have no idea of their mentality."

Then Socrates said, "Well said, my dear child. Do one thing now. Go directly to the burial ground now. Dig a grave and purchase a coffin and winding sheet for the corpse before hand. Now you can spoil yourself any number of times you like. This is my final advice to you." This last advice pierced the heart of the disciple. He felt it keenly. He thought over the matter seriously and understood the importance and glory of Brahmacharya. He took to spiritual Sadhana in right earnest. He took a vow of strict unbroken celibacy for life. He became an Oordhvareta Yogi and had Self-realization. He became one of the favourite disciples of Socrates.

Please read the full book of brahmacharya by swami sivananda and please tell me u r opinion.and tell me if i was wrong.

and also i wanted to know that what makes u all feel that sex can be part of spiritual life
can you show any thought of sex in the life(expect for the sake of children) of ramkrishna parmahamsa,swami vivekananda,
sri rama,hanumaan,sri krishna,jesus christ, and all those enlighted persons

and I always wanted to,liked to,tried in many ways to find the balance between sex and spiritual life.but i always failed.

And the most worst thing of sex is that I can,t pray god properly with same spirit,same energy,same bhakti,same purity and nothing is same after i mausterbate.

and for sex thoughts if one is indulged in sex thoughts how can he pray god.it might be possible that u may give some time for both of them i.e praying god at the times when required and enjoying sex thoughts at their times.but the mind is not purified completely untill these impure thoughts are out of it.and mind looses a lot of energy,creativty and much more in sex thoughts.

And this is greatest truth of all that "A person with great powers can only achive god, not merey dead bodies"
so become strong ,strength is the only way.
do everything to become strong.if that was not the reason god who loves us would have been easily achevied without any thing.

let us all know the truth,be with truth,live truth
truth is god.

jai shri krishna

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  03:43:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

divine ranjan,

yes, to grow/mature/age into celibacy in a healthy way does enable yogic focus. far too many saints were celibates. however, all seekers need to grow to be whole and wholeness necessarily means, not negating sex and sensuality but instead growing beyond it.

yet most jump into celibacy based on belief systems and meet their downfall on the spiritual path thanks to the incompleteness of their evolution at the muladhara chakra.

if you wish to be celibate, do so. we celebrate your decision to be celibate or not celibate. if not a celibate as a vast majority of seekers are, then may the sexual union be as sacred as prayers- for only then can each facet of the human be surrendered to the essence of being spirit having the human experience and evolving to seek the more eternal joys above as the angelic human.

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Aug 06 2008 06:23:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2008 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

aum

divine ranjan,

yes, to grow/mature/age into celibacy in a healthy way does enable yogic focus. far too many saints were celibates. however, all seekers need to grow to be whole and wholeness necessarily means, not negating sex and sensuality but instead growing beyond it.

yet most jump into celibacy based on belief systems and meet their downfall on the spiritual path thanks to the incompleteness of their evolution at the muladhara chakra.

if you wish to be celibate, do so. we celebrate your decision to be celibate or not celibate. if not a celibate as a vast majority of seekers are, then may the sexual union be as sacred as prayers- for only then can each facet of the human be surrendered to the essence of being spirit having the human experience and evolving to seek the more eternal joys above as the angelic human.

aum

Hari Om

Hi divine sister nandhi

I am glad to hear your oppinion.
and I am confident with my decision also.
but their is very great great problem.what i find in this life is that the toughest of toughest enemy the lust is very very hard to deal with.I have lost thousands of times with it but I am not able to go with it.so I am not still a brahmachari and i am striving like anything to become.and i am not going to live it let what ever happen.and i am confident that if i achive that everything is achived.

yes it is better to wait for the completeness of their evolution at the muladhara chakra.

follow brahmacharya correctly everything will be achieved very easily,everthing will complete for itself.and brahmacharya is toughest of all.u might be able to do anything else even the toughest of toughest works but acheiving brahmacharya is toughest of all.so what u say is correct

with brahmacharya only can completeness come

Jai shri Krishna
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2008 :  09:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2008 :  09:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,

quote:

or you could say: "please tell me what I could do so that I also can see that the stars in the sky are Gods".

LOL, the implication here being that it would be progress for me to 'see' that the stars in the sky are gods. But throwing away ones education is not progress. One might as well believe that the lampposts are gods.

It could be, yes, but it wouldn't necessarily be. At any given time we have a certain amount of knowledge, and a number of beliefs: things that we believe may be true but which we do not know are true. And this combination of knowledge and belief is what we call our education. As our experience expands two things happen simultaneously. Some of the things we previously held as belief, become knowledge, and at the same time, we become able to accept the possibility of other things being potentially true. In other words our beliefs expand. In a healthy individual this would happen in a logical way. So it could be progress for you to believe that the stars may in fact be Gods, and it could be progress for you to "see" that the stars are in fact Gods. It would very much depend on whether it was happening as a natural effect of your expanding consciousness and ever rising enlightenment, or not.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  4:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by ranjan
with brahmacharya only can completeness come

divine ranjan, your above statement is like christ quoted to have said, 'i am the only way' or any other belief systems with ego playing rampant.

all of human is divine. brahmacharya helps in our journey towards light due to the focus it gives but surely, making physical love did not make a realized master less potent in wisdom.

its pointless to continue to impose what might be right for ourselves on others. celebrate your celibacy if it helps you!

aum
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  03:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I read ranjan I can't but agree. Sex is not the way, never has been, never will be. It's just that sex is not about the actual physical act of making love between man and woman. This is where confusion begins around this topic. There's absolutely nothing wrong in making love - the problem arises, just as ranjan describes, when ego comes in and claims ownership of the pleasure! Sex is in the identification with the person. Sex is ego WANTING. Sex is mind. Lovemaking is God celebrating in manifestation.

Barry Long describes the difference in a beatiful way here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv1e3xJY9sg

Edited by - emc on Aug 16 2008 08:12:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  10:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

emc, good to see you!
an observation of your video link- brahmacharya does not include the 'lovemaking' barry long speaks eloquently about.

love in its pure states, beyond the five senses, as eternal energies is good in all forms and barry's talk is in this sense, though inclusive to physical.

aum
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000