Do Angels have sex?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  11:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are right, nandhi, the traditional brahmacharya=celibacy is not includedin Barry's video. He speaks about physical love making and is pointing out the differences of doing the physical act from a point of the sexual mind or from a point of silence/stillness/love/selflessness.

I just see that ranjan is giving an excellent description of how the sexual mind works, what happens when we engage in "sex thoughts"! That's what sex is - thoughts! And the prison of thoughts is what we want to get out of, right? So all thoughts concerning sex is a part of what's keeping us in our mind-prison. Sex is one of the strongest forces that can drag us from stillness into mind and thoughts again! I guess that's why celibacy has been so promoted! It doesn't matter which sexual life style we choose... it's the sexual mind that is the "problem" - as all mind activity is the "problem" for reaching higher realms.

But there are other ways of approaching the physical act of lovemaking, and that is the tantric way. To approach it consciously, with awareness, in a meditative state, is a way to practice how to be physical without going into mind. I myself am for that approach.

I just can't help seeing that every description ranjan does makes SO MUCH SENSE to me, from my perspective!
Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  11:58:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
aum

its all beautiful!:) angels making love not sex!

aum

Go to Top of Page

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2008 :  2:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jesus was probly the "SUN" not the SON haha
all humans have the potential to be suns.

angels have a sex.
but reverse the sun and moon, and their you have immortality.

and yes, making love, is a much better way to say it.

for that is creation of spirits threw the act, as the other is the degration of them.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  03:43:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly! How can angels NOT make love, when the whole universe is constantly making love all the time? It's an overflow of sensuality and ecstacy all over the place... Gosh!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2008 :  2:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

So how do we reconcile all these points of view about sex versus no sex, and attachment versus no attachment?

I don't think it can ever be all one way or the other. And neither can we construct it in our mind as such. It is not possible to free ourselves by replacing one mental structure (or obsession) with another one.

From the AYP point of view, we cultivate inner silence in deep meditation, and the whole thing begins to loosen up in stillness. All of our perceptions and notions about things gradually become less rigid and we find that clinging to new mental structures is not needed to dissolve old mental structures -- indeed, that cannot work. Instead, we find ourselves more able to let go into our rising inner silence, and that is the dissolving of attachment to objects -- our thoughts and obsessions about sex (or no sex), and everything else.

It does not happen overnight. It is a gradual development, and it is not reasonable to expect anyone to change instantly from one point of view or lifestyle to another one. That goes for the divine transformation of sexual energy, and for our realization that we are the infinite sea of non-duality (no-thing-ness) that we happen to be swimming in at this very moment.

In AYP we take it gradually, and it all comes in good time with daily practices. When it comes to sex, the methods of yoga and tantra are conducive to this gradual transformation, and able to serve us wherever we may be on the path.

That is why in AYP we do not define brahmacharya as celibacy. The literal translation of "brahmacharya" is "walking in Brahma, the infinite creative stillness of God." There is nothing in this that says sex is bad, though some may insist on making it mean that, at their own peril, and at the peril of those they may be able to indoctrinate likewise.

Rather than go down the sectarian road of insisting on the same lifestyle for everyone, in AYP we identify the working principle of brahmacharya as the preservation and cultivation of sexual energy. This view of brahmacharya opens the door to all lifestyles and to all the tools of yoga and tantra, and there is no conflict. Everyone can walk in Brahma in their own time and in their own way. Favoring the preservation and cultivation of sexual energy with appropriate means can suit the celibate, the heterosexual, and the homosexual.

And guess what? It works, as many here can attest.

I greatly admire the life and teachings of Sivananda, but his views on sex are very narrow, and suitable mainly for those inclined toward an ascetic lifestyle. This is fine, but it is not a valid teaching for the broad population, who, with effective means available, have equal access to enlightenment.

And the angels? Well, I think they have other things on their non-minds. They are surely laughing angel-laughs about our obsession with these things, even as they are wishing to come join us in physical form, so they too can have the opportunity to evolve that we have. Mortality is a great motivator of spiritual progress. Don't we know it? So let's not waste a minute.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

nandhi

USA
362 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  12:15:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit nandhi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

And the angels? Well, I think they have other things on their non-minds. They are surely laughing angel-laughs about our obsession with these things, even as they are wishing to come join us in physical form, so they too can have the opportunity to evolve that we have. Mortality is a great motivator of spiritual progress. Don't we know it? So let's not waste a minute.

The guru is in you.

love that you mention mortality being the great motivator to spiritual progress. knowing death to know the immortal angelic being of spirit. knowing death to know bounds of time. knowing death to be spirit that which creates human realities to evolve.

when the spirit as being is the experience to know our daily human reality that is here for a purpose, each minute is the magical moment that is expansive and angelic. angelic in knowing love as experience and reality in simply "being". angelic as grace received. angelic as being the oneness.

all in the dance of love as the yogic journey! cheers yogani!

joys shared by each as angelic reality!

aum

Edited by - nandhi on Aug 28 2008 03:29:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  3:49:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wanted to start another parallel thread within this thread, if thats ok :)

Christi,
What do you mean by 'Jesus is/was son of God' ?.

I was thinking he was just another enlightened being just like krishna, buddha and others.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  12:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Christi,
What do you mean by 'Jesus is/was son of God' ?.

I was thinking he was just another enlightened being just like krishna, buddha and others.

Hi Shushman,
Sorry, I missed this post for some reason. And I'm glad you asked... it's a really good question!

As I see it there are various stages of enlightenment. The first stage of enlightenment is when the egoic consciousness is transcended. Living in this condition, an enlightened person will experience unity consciousness, and will be living in a permanent state of bliss. Such a person is capable of transmitting divine energy, and is conscious of themselves as an immortal soul, not constrained by the material universe.

But enlightenment is not the end of the spiritual journey, and there are levels of development beyond this. Gradually the divine body is developed, which is a body made up of supernal light. Jesus showed this body to some of his disciples in a scene in the bible referred to as the transfiguration. It was recorded in 3 of the gospels. The consciousness is raised further, from the level of universal consciousness to the level of cosmic consciousness or "Christ consciousness". Such a person is able to transcend death and resurrect themselves in a body of divine glory (the Resurrection). They are able to ascend and descend at will through the worlds of supernal light.

It is basically a pretty high stage to reach. This is what is meant by "Son of God". In the bible Jesus said: "Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall become Sons of God" which refers to his belief that we are all capable of attaining this state of consciousness. Someone at this level becomes a co-creator with God. In other words their soul is operating at the level of the causal realm. They would experience themselves as being one with God, which is why Jesus said "I and my father are one".

This is not the highest stage of development possible for a human being, but it's not bad.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  7:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

Love your contributions to this forum!

I don't understand the last sentence of yours below though.

If you could elaborate on what you think the highest stage of development possible for a human being is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for all future contributions....

quote:
Originally posted by Christi

[quote]Christi,

This is not the highest stage of development possible for a human being, but it's not bad.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  05:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Machart,

quote:
Hi Christi,

Love your contributions to this forum!

I don't understand the last sentence of yours

Thanks for asking.

Actually this all comes from the tradition of the Kabbalah, which is the esoteric tradition of Judaism. As I'm sure you know Jesus was a Jew, and practiced in the esoteric traditions. Expressions such as "Son of God" come directly from that tradition.
Someone who has attained the level of being a "Son of God", and who has embodied and is able to transmit the Christ Light, is said to have raised their soul to the level of Yechidah. Enlightenment proper, as we understand it is reached when the soul has risen to the level of Hayyah (a lower level of consciousness). Hayyah and Yechidah are both extremely high states of consciousness. Even Hayyah is unimaginable to an ordinary human being. Of Yechidah it is said that even the angels are unable to rise to this level, and it is only knowable to God.

Yechidah (Christ consciousness) is really the point at which the human being begins to merge (or re-merge) with God. But because God is essentially infinate (Ain Sof), the attainment of Christ consciousness is really the beginning of an infinate journey which has no end.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  05:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Here is the section from the Bible which describes angels taking human wives and having children with them:

When people began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, the Beni Elohim saw that they were fair, and they took wives for themselves of all that they chose. Then the Lord said, "My spirit shall not abide in mortals forever, for they are flesh, their days shall be one hundred and twenty years". The Nephilim were on the earth in those days- and also afterwards- when the Beni Elohim went into the daughters of humans, who bore children to them. [Genesis 6: 1-4]

Two races of angels are mentioned, Nephilim and Beni Elohim. In the tradition of the Kabbalah, Beni Elohim are the only race of angels that are able to manifest a physical form. All the other races of angels (including the Nephilim) have to remain in their light bodies. In the tradition it is said that not all of the Beni Elohim decended to Earth to take physical form, but those that did are refered to as the "fallen". Some were good and some were bad. It is said that the Beni Elohim are no longer among us in physical form, but they remain close to the Earth realms and still effect influence on human evolution.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  9:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi...That stuff is way beyond my understanding...but thanks for the information!
Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  6:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lahiri said:

"I had sex. It was good. Now I am in my samadhi."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000