New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  10:37:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hi Riju,

I had a chance to read the 12th chapter in the Lotus Sutra. I know your Treasure Tower Buddha well, in the gnostic Christian tradition, it goes by the name "Holy Spirit". As the Sutra chapter defines the Buddha, it manifests "inside" the Buddha field (or stable bubble of universal mind).

Best regards,
Jeff

Please expand it for me. Write as much on this subject as much as you can. The role of women in this Universe is a subject on which we differ. The difference may get calarified with this expansion.
Thanks

Edited by - riju on Aug 30 2013 11:46:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2013 :  11:41:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
COMPASSION

1. Emptiness generates compasion
2. Increases INFLOWS
3. Operates beyond SENSES
4. Part of 99 % hidden universe
5. Increases GROWTH of sentient vehicle
6. Completes INTEGRATION
7. Food for Buddhas/Bhoddisattvas
8. Effect invisible to senses
9. Food for Riju

LOVE

1.Ego generates love
2.Increases OUTFLOWS
3. Operates within SENSES
4.Part of 1% visible universe
5.Reduces size of sentient vehicle
6.Does not intergrate at all
7.Food for Gods/siddhi saints and yogis
8.Effect visible to senses
9.Food for Govinda

In the range of OUTFLOWS

1)Love effect in sex act ends after the act
2)Love effect at heart level expressed by touch, embrace etc lasts for a few hours.
3)Love effect at eye level lasts for a few days.
4)Love effect at Anjana eye (Krishna level) level lasts for a few months.

Neither INFLOWS nor OUTFLOWS
5)Love effect at crown level (BLISS) lasts for one birth (arahat)

In the range of INFLOWS
6) Love now named Compassion operating without Ego and Universal in nature,

without choice last for EVER.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  01:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
NO OUTFLOWS is a very important word in Lotus sutra.

Compassion stops OUTFLOWS, Love cannot.

Devotees of Gods of compassion can clear away their karmas of sufferings which cause diseases.
Gods of compassion are invisible but they have the power to take away karmas of sufferings and protect from diseases. But here devotees are also invisible.

Devotees of Gods of Love have the power to give you bliss but they can not take away your sufferings due to diseases.
Gods of Love are visibly effective due to siddhis and powers that a devotee gets. In this way the devotee enjoys popularity among others.
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  06:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Riju, thank you so much for this sharing of wisdom. What you have written concerning inflow and outflows love and compassion is amazing in it simplicity and truth.

I thank you, what you have written has allowed me to make a step foreward in understanding in an instant.

Riju would you be so kind as to describe what Vippassana is and how it is correctly practiced? Yes I know there are many sources to read this from on the web, but it is your insight that makes a difference.

Edited by - Experientialknowing on Aug 31 2013 08:31:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  07:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Are there any specific practices to emptiness that generates compassion ? or is it an intuitive thing?

1. Shortest method is for extreme BRAVEHEARTS. (I followed that)
2.Normal method is 8- fold nobel path suggested in hinayana/therwada along with VEPASSANA meditation of Goenka.

Edited by - riju on Aug 31 2013 08:39:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  09:10:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riju

quote:
Hi Riju,

I had a chance to read the 12th chapter in the Lotus Sutra. I know your Treasure Tower Buddha well, in the gnostic Christian tradition, it goes by the name "Holy Spirit". As the Sutra chapter defines the Buddha, it manifests "inside" the Buddha field (or stable bubble of universal mind).

Best regards,
Jeff

Please expand it for me. Write as much on this subject as much as you can. The role of women in this Universe is a subject on which we differ. The difference may get calarified with this expansion.
Thanks

Hi Riju,

I would be happy to expand, but I think it is important that we first share understanding on the progression of becoming a Buddha and also the nature and realization of "emptiness".

Please take a look at an old thread of mine and see if you have any disagreement with me on the stages and normal progression...

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=12477

Also, regarding the nature of emptiness, while no descriptions in words can be accurate, i have found the best description is found in the Heart Sutra, simply...

Form = Void and Void = Form

Are you familiar with it and do you know what it means?

Finally, are you familiar with Buddhist "Completion stage" practices?

Thanks for the discussion.

Regards,
Jeff

(edit - formatting)

Edited by - jeff on Aug 31 2013 09:16:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  09:39:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Are there any specific practices to emptiness that generates compassion ? or is it an intuitive thing?

1. Shortest method is for extreme BRAVEHEARTS. (I followed that)
2.Normal method is 8- fold nobel path suggested in hinayana/therwada along with VEPASSANA meditation of Goenka.

Riju please do explain this shortest method you followed. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  12:22:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Riju would you be so kind as to describe what Vippassana is and how it is correctly practiced? Yes I know there are many sources to read this from on the web, but it is your insight that makes a difference.

On 30 june 1992, I reported at Igatpuri (india) in a centre where Goenka's vipassana was being taught. It was 10 day course.

That night I had a half awake/half dream in which I saw my whole astral body. It looked exactly like stars and galaxis in the sky.

Then a voice spoke to me.
1. The astral universe that I was seeing is made of my karmas.
2. I have to do concentration and then empty this whole universe of karmas
by the method of Awareness of sensations.

3. On the last day when Metta was being taught, the teacher on the mike was telling the very importance of Metta meditation and dangers we will face if we do not do metta properly. My inner voice told me "that do not do Metta. It is not for you."

Since that day I did not do metta.
4. Also the teacher told us to do only maximum one hour morning and one hour evening vipassana in the house after leaving the centre and definately not more than 2 hours a day, which should include 10 mts each time for metta meditation.
My inner voice told me to forget what the teacher says. I was told to do only Vipassana and not for two hours but maximum to my capacity till my astral body is EMPTY.
I obeyed inner voice. I sat for average 12 or more hours every day continuously for two years. I kept an approximate record of the extent of my astral body emptiness.

Those 2 years were very very adventurous. I would see a colourful milkiway in my body and i would bring my awareness to it to clear it. My inner voice will warn me clearing this milkiway will also burn down one of my major assets in the form of an industry that I had earlier created. I never hesitated.
My factory got burnt down.Millions of rupees were down the drain.My son and family would be totally disturbed. I would just not bother.
This is just a minor example. Many many things happened.

But I persisted and after two years or so my body was empty. I tasted EMPTINESS in the truest sense.
In fact it looks like emptiness but it is full of POTENTIAL Energy of COSMIC TYPE. I tested it. I created a minor desire. The desire got easily fulfilled and part universe in form of stars appeared in my body. This too was cleared by the weapon of AWARENESS.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  12:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Three views of Emptiness as I see it.

1) Ist view

Greatest illusion that Guatam Buddha broke is that "NOTHING EXISTS".

Yes, It is a Truth that Emptiness (Nothing) is the source of creation. And everything ends in Emptiness after a period of time.What ever is in between is "Existence". But for Guatam this was the greatest stumbling block for humans.

Guatam buddha created the science of EXISTENCE.
And wonder of wonders he created such a science that Existence could survive even the Emptiness and time.

To understand this science one has to go to Lotus sutra. In this sutra Guatam explains the methods that Buddhas have utilised and he has given a solid proof of this success.

The greatest achievement before Guatam period was considered Arhantship. An Arhant after meditation on "Nothing Exists" with awareness reaches a stage which was considered the ultimate success. No rebirth for him and the words used for him was that "he has reached the other shore"

As per Lotus Sutra Guatam Buddha held a gathering at Eagle Peak after 20 year of his preaching. And he revealed this science of Existence to a few arhants, But he asked majority of others arhants to leave the place as those arhants refused to leave their achievement and peace of arhantship. After they left, he told the remaining arhants that chaff (rejections) have left and here I bestow on you a "Prophesy" of Buddhahood in future. You all will pass thro in between stage of Bhoddhisattvahood. Whatever Sutras I preached earlier were for the preparation for this moment of revealing. I had to initially bring you all to stage of arhanship so that you qualify for this "Bestowing of Prophesy".

2) 2nd view

Science has advanced like anything. The search went macro and micro.

In macro search with electronic radio powerful telescopes, satelites, computer linkups they traced the history of origin of our galaxi. I am giving the summary in this letter and refering you to two books both for micro and macro results.

1. "Code name God" and "Cosmic detective". The name of the author is "Mani Bhaumik"

These books explain that both micro and macro researches have ended in the start of matter, life to Emptiness. The books are in lay man language and are very interesting. Here is the summary if you can not lay your hands on the books.

1. They located a spot where light waves were bending. Later they named it as blackhole.
2. After some time two huge globes emerged from this blackhole.
3. Again after some time these two globes emitted rays alround and those rays intervined to form a carpet sort of structure.
4. Later still stars started emerging out at the junctions.
5. Planets (earth) and life emerged later.

Similarly research at micro level came down to element to molecule to atom to electrones, positrons, neutrones, Nanos and what not ending in emptiness or total disappearance .

The conclusion of scientists was there is some substance like Emptiness (Beyond senses) which exists at all levels at smallest and at biggest size and everything goes beyond senses , instruments etc.

Scientists did not stop at this.
They further found out that the patterns of stars that emerged out of black holes was so very very....very accurate that even if there was an unbalance of micro micro level, the universe could have been destroyed by collapsing or by scattering. They started feeling that there must be extraordinary intelligence in the black holes that has designed the universe.

Conclusion is that Emptiness ( beyond senses) is everywhere and matter, life comes out of it but beyond lies the intelligence.

This leads us further to utilise our intelligence, logic, Wisdom and meditation to be used as research tools towards "Nothing Exists".

In further writing I shall come back for support to meditation, vedas, Buddhas, for research on "Nothing Exists" and then write why we have to ultimately go beyond to "EXISTENCE" and why by faith and not by birth I have become disciple of Lotus sutra and not of Hindu, christian, Muslim or any other God.

3) 3rd view

Nothing exists is a universal truth. Many saints in the past have observed this truth from different places. They have all named it differently. A few names are
1.Advait
2 Suniata
3.Emptiness
4. Tatav
5. Dao etc.

When I went into details, saints gave following description

1. It is everywhere (even scientist have confirmed it).
2. It is nowhere yet everywhere.
3. It is totally powerless yet all the power of the universe comes out of it
4.It is so small that even pin point is extremely large for it.
5 Yet it is infinite and billions of universes will be a minor part of this
6. It gives birth to billions of variety of things but it disconnects itself from this all.
7. All attempts and methods fail to get a link with this Nothingness. If persistent attempts are made the one who does it disappears in this sea of Nothingness.( This is how an Arhat does}
8. Some say this is God
9. Others say that it is a covering behind which God is there.

Hence Guatam Buddha never commented on God, if repeatedly asked he said

" THAT GOD IS NOT RELEVENT TO OUR EXISTENCE"

AND HE HAS PRODUCED SCIENCE OF EXISTENCE IN LOTUS SUTRA WITH A PURPOSE TO FREE THIS EXISTENCE FROM DUKKHA, OLD AGE, MISERY, SICKNESS ETC.

Hinayana, Therawadin, Dzogchen are the necessary base from which this science rises.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  02:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Govinda wrote.
quote:
For my own personal vision and Dharma, there are no conflicts or contradictions between the Vedas and the gospel of Sakyamuni. Perhaps there are variances in these thought-forms and ideologies? Surely there are! But these are of relative meaning and can easily become a tangle of conflicting interpretations.

Vedas describes the universe and its dharmas.

While Lotus sutra goes further by using this knowledge to develop WISDOMS in us to help improve this universe. I have opened up only a very small part of Lotus sutra for you. I hope you agree to some extent.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  04:47:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

On 30 june 1992, I reported at Igatpuri (india) in a centre where Goenka's vipassana was being taught. It was 10 day course.

That night I had a half awake/half dream in which I saw my whole astral body. It looked exactly like stars and galaxis in the sky.

Then a voice spoke to me.
1. The astral universe that I was seeing is made of my karmas.
2. I have to do concentration and then empty this whole universe of karmas
by the method of Awareness of sensations.

3. On the last day when Metta was being taught, the teacher on the mike was telling the very importance of Metta meditation and dangers we will face if we do not do metta properly. My inner voice told me "that do not do Metta. It is not for you."

Since that day I did not do metta.
4. Also the teacher told us to do only maximum one hour morning and one hour evening vipassana in the house after leaving the centre and definately not more than 2 hours a day, which should include 10 mts each time for metta meditation.
My inner voice told me to forget what the teacher says. I was told to do only Vipassana and not for two hours but maximum to my capacity till my astral body is EMPTY.
I obeyed inner voice. I sat for average 12 or more hours every day continuously for two years. I kept an approximate record of the extent of my astral body emptiness.

Those 2 years were very very adventurous. I would see a colourful milkiway in my body and i would bring my awareness to it to clear it. My inner voice will warn me clearing this milkiway will also burn down one of my major assets in the form of an industry that I had earlier created. I never hesitated.
My factory got burnt down.Millions of rupees were down the drain.My son and family would be totally disturbed. I would just not bother.
This is just a minor example. Many many things happened.

But I persisted and after two years or so my body was empty. I tasted EMPTINESS in the truest sense.
In fact it looks like emptiness but it is full of POTENTIAL Energy of COSMIC TYPE. I tested it. I created a minor desire. The desire got easily fulfilled and part universe in form of stars appeared in my body. This too was cleared by the weapon of AWARENESS.

Hi riju,

This early morning I read this thread from the beginning, and it is this autobiographical part that I found most striking. It helps me understand where you are coming from.

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  08:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Riju,
In a strange way, "inflow" and "outflow" makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for sharing that.
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  10:39:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Nice summary. I would use different words but what you are saying is essentially how I see things too.

Would you share your seeing with the vocabulary you are more apt to use (transliteration of the summary)?

The sameness of different terminologies is something dear to my heart for I feel it brings understanding and love for the surface level differences created by words.

Thank you

Omsat

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 01 2013 10:41:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  11:27:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Omsat,

quote:
Originally posted by Omsat

Hi CarsonZi,

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Nice summary. I would use different words but what you are saying is essentially how I see things too.

Would you share your seeing with the vocabulary you are more apt to use (transliteration of the summary)?

The sameness of different terminologies is something dear to my heart for I feel it brings understanding and love for the surface level differences created by words.

Sure. I'll put what riju posted in red and my translation in blue.

All came down from one to many in chaotic and disorderly state.
Inter action of many was the CAUSE and EFFECT came automatically due to TIME (kal).

- When Life initially chose to experience itself in a multiplicity of forms the result was unpredictable due to the karma that is created by the appearance of space/time.

This churning of cause and effect created WISDOMS (BUDDHAS).
- Due to the appearance of time/space/karma clarity became a requirement in order to see Truth (capital "T")

Buddhas out of WISDOM first made a permanent base against the force of TIME (KAL) and were successful.
- When life as we know it was first structured, what was first required was what many would call “Source” or “Oneness.” This is what our collective reality is built upon.

Now these Buddha are strengthening this base as well as bringing out orderliness in this existence.
- There are beings that have a clear view that are working in “the background” to increase the vibratory capacity of our collective reality.

The present world that we see is not fully orderly. There is sufferings, death, old age etc. The Buddhas have successfully brought order in top layers of evolution. And now they are working on our planes.
- Our collective reality is uncontrolled and is in general collectively viewed from a perspective in which there is still a belief that we as individual humans are separate from everything else. The beings working in the background have helped and continue to help bring increased clarity to the human realm.

All of us can become Buddhas. This science is exposed in Lotus sutra. We can take a constructive part in this evolution. We can simultaneously achieve, prosperity, happiness, health and peace.
- We are all the same and we can each become clear and begin to act as conduits for increasing the vibratory capacity of this collective reality.

This can be done by moving upwards towards ONE (source of power) and also keeping MANY (source of knowledge).
- This is achieved by removing the lenses that obscure our clear view and merging unfiltered awareness with the driving force of creation.

Love,
Carson

Edited for clarity
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  11:50:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, CarsonZi for creating and sharing this inspired "translation", from the heart

Edited by - Omsat on Sep 02 2013 12:22:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  12:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cream (Gist)of Diomond sutra in a story form to lighten the heavy topic.

Salt doll.

Many salt dolls decided to measure depth of the sea, and went down it. They got disolved in the sea water and were lost.

One of the exceptionally intelligent doll had been observing this. This doll would dip in sea water and immediately come out. In this way instead of reducing its salt, it will catch sea water from the sea. It will come up, dry itself and thereby increase its size. It found a way to survive, grow and face the situation Boldly.

salt doll.......human life
sea.............Emptines
measure the depth of sea........searching for answers to existence
sea water.....Corrosive action of time
got dissolved.......became an arahat
dipping in sea.........facing existence
coming out of sea.........Meditating
drying.......................gaining wisdom.
growing .................becoming bhoddisattva
surriving ..............reaching Buddhahood

Diomond Sutra of Guatam Buddha gives this method. He advises us to remain in this existence, but try to remain aloof from it when burden of existence grows.
This is a very famous sutra. It goes like this " I am Buddha, I am not Buddha, I havae 32 special points in my body , I do not have 32 special points in my body etc."

We have come into this existence out of our ignorance, suffered a lot, collected wisdom due to this suffering. We can grow strong with these wisdoms, face this existence. We should be collective in our Wisdom. Make this universe better for coming generations.

Lotus sutra describes many such beautiful universes where men can fly. They are free from death, old age and sufferings.It describes the methods of indivitual growing and collective growing.

Edited by - riju on Sep 02 2013 12:42:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  01:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Cream (Gist)of Diomond sutra in a story form to lighten the heavy topic.

Beautiful :)

One can feel wisdom and compassion pouring down in these stories..

Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  09:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My thanks to the wise compassionate ones who are spending their time writing these important wisdoms and making them available in this one spot in such an easy predigested way.

I have always known there was more to the teachings of the Bhudda but there is just so much doubt when it comes to teachings that religions have grown around.

Guatama was not a Buddhist nor was Christ a Christian.

The church that grew around Christ and has when convenient for many reasons altered knowledge and hidden truth, this has made it difficult for me to trust any religion or it's teachings.

What is being shared here is very good no membership required to learn.

Please do continue this worthy sharing. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2013 :  10:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Riju (and other thread readers),

I would be interested in discussing different "practices" that you believe that the Lotus Sutra may highlight that help with moving beyond the Arahat level. Saying that a Buddha is higher than an Arahat is interesting, but I think that a roadmap to get there would be useful.

Many Buddhist traditions have specific "completion stage" practices. Does the Lotus sutra provide such details? Also, in such details and the ongoing overall expansion of human potential, it becomes easier to discuss the Holy Spirit (Twin Tower Buddha).

Thanks,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  11:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since it has been a couple of days, I thought I would share my perspective on the Buddhist (and other primordial traditions) practices for moving beyond the Arahat level. In Buddhist thought, the Arahat level would be what most would call realizing consciousness. At higher and more integrated levels, it is often called things like realizing "oneness". As Riju has described, in Buddhist tradition, Buddha realized that consciousness is just a reflection (or stable bubble) of universal/buddha mind and that primordial awareness (or sometimes called wisdoms/truth ) is the raw stuff of true realization (and buddhahood).

Hence, the challenge for Buddha realization becomes that everything you do is really just you in universal mind perceiving universal mind and you are really just sort of "trapped" in universal mind because that is the basis for all conception. Meditation and each ongoing perceived realization are just contrived states of mind. Kind of like a video game with never ending new depths and levels. Hence, winning the game for some become "ceasing" in the bliss of the game.

In classic Buddhism, escaping the game (to Buddhahood) is often called the "completion stage". The completion stage (in all primordial traditions) moving from Arahat, consists of three main component in the following order...

- Tummo or the realization of energy structures of "the game".
- Reintegration of the male and female components of the primordial human.
- Divinity Yoga - Or somebody from outside of the game showing you primordial awareness (or the way out).

In Dzogchen these steps are called "Menngagde", and in Gnostic Christianity they are called "secrets of the Bridal Chamber".

Best regards,
Jeff
Go to Top of Page

Experientialknowing

USA
263 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  1:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jeff I think that we have lost the O.P.

What is your background Jeff?

I am finding value in your post and have taken your advice and purchased the book on the Gnostic Christ.

The purchase for the Lotus Sutra I found on Amazon by Reese was also made today.

More on these later.

I am still looking for a good translation on the Heart Sutra. From the few I have read I have found the similarities with my own Sadhana Experiences to be right on target.

It is amazing how many different traditions there are and how so many of them lead to the same experiences , wisdoms and knowing yet appear on the surface to come at it from remarkably different starting points.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2013 :  1:42:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Experientialknowing

Thanks Jeff I think that we have lost the O.P.

What is your background Jeff?

I am finding value in your post and have taken your advice and purchased the book on the Gnostic Christ.

The purchase for the Lotus Sutra I found on Amazon by Reese was also made today.

More on these later.

I am still looking for a good translation on the Heart Sutra. From the few I have read I have found the similarities with my own Sadhana Experiences to be right on target.

It is amazing how many different traditions there are and how so many of them lead to the same experiences , wisdoms and knowing yet appear on the surface to come at it from remarkably different starting points.

Hi Experientialknowing,

I am glad that you are finding some value in the post. If you are interested, I would be happy to go into greater details about any of the three components.

My own background is that of a normal midwestern Christian, who suddenly started experiencing Kundalini flows. Initially, rather than follow any specific tradition, I sort of just went "inside" and started exploring. It was really more my trying to explain my perspective to others that led me to various text/traditions. Starting over today, I would probably say my view could best be described in a Gnostic Christian+Taoist or Bon/Dzogchen framework.

Best,
Jeff

p.s. I hope you are wrong about the OP being gone.
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  07:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am unavailable for a week.
regards
Riju
Go to Top of Page

riju

India
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  07:38:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
meanwhile I would appreciate If Jeff gives information on Treasure Tower.

And if there is anyone who is expert on computer chip design based on binary system.
This will help explain Treaure Tower from my side and also explain as to why s two legged human being has become the centre of this universe evolution.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2013 :  11:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

meanwhile I would appreciate If Jeff gives information on Treasure Tower.

In defining what I believe the Lotus sutra decribes regarding the Treasure Tower (or in system) Buddha, it is import to further describe buddhamind/universal mind.

As i mentioned earlier, primordial awareness is like a chaotic sea of nothingness brimming with potential or pure desire to grow/live/expand. In creating a stable bubble, there is a first split. The first split is buddhamind (male principle) and potential/pure desire (female principle). In Buddhism, this potential beyond universal mind is often called noble wisdoms. In the Holy Bible, it is called the "word" or also in the wisdom aspect as "Sophia" and it's aspect in universal mind is called the Holy Spirit. In many traditions, these female and male principles are sometimes known as "motion" and "rest".

The above also explains the Heart Sutra's description of emptiness...

Void = Form and Form = Void means that at the deepest level of emptiness, void (or clear buddhamind-male principle) is the same as form (energy/thoughts/motion-female principle). And as one " realizes" that, they begin understanding the true nature of universal mind (or the world around us).
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000