Enlightenment -removing the mystery.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  05:49:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

This witness state, realizing that you are that or not attached to anything, how ends up as realizing god? I wonder how experiencing unshakeable 24 hours inner silence is anything to do with god?

Thank you,
Kuzey
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  07:03:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Just this moment

and that moment, when you are deep in dreamless sleep? How is it then ? To whom does it occur when you are absent? what is it when neither you or thought objects exist?

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  07:14:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kaserdar

Hello,

This witness state, realizing that you are that or not attached to anything, how ends up as realizing god? I wonder how experiencing unshakeable 24 hours inner silence is anything to do with god?

Thank you,
Kuzey

God is within. Be still and know the I am God. Until you are still God is a thought, a concept, something separate. In inner stillness there is no separation. This is difficult to understand because it seems to be saying that the body that you believe yourself to be is God. Once you know you are not the body it is clear. You can only know this when the mind is still.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  09:27:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kaserdar

Do you have any idea of 'god' when you are deep asleep?

Its only when you wakeup in the morning, the mind reactivates and all these stories of god you have heard pop in your brain.

Now consider one day waking up in a state similar to deep sleep, much deeper (with a permanent deactive/still mind).

Your eyes are open.

What do you see?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  12:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

quote:

Just this moment

and that moment, when you are deep in dreamless sleep? How is it then ? To whom does it occur when you are absent? what is it when neither you or thought objects exist?

Who cares.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  1:23:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What do you see?

nothing
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  1:26:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

the Self is there always....
Who is that Self?
it is myself

Edited by - maheswari on Sep 09 2011 1:29:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  1:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Who cares.

No one
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  1:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Just this moment

Who cares?
Self.
No one.

C'mon guys, look up.

Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  2:20:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

you are already, there is no difference between us.

Within a dream you can do all sorts of amazing things like flying, when you wake you find your flying powers have mysteriously vanished.

Hi Karl,

I'm not talking about powers here.

All the things you describe (the world being inside you, witness, emptiness, nothingness/everythingness) are things only "you" can see and not something that others (like me) can observe.

Are there specific tests that enlightened ones can undergo that shows the difference between them and others? For example something like a Stress interview conducted with medical equipment on the "enlightened person" to show he is not affected etc..

Please dont give me the non-dual jargon saying there is no difference etc... It seems to be a cool thing in spiritual circles (and enlightened ones) to be talking in terms that normal people don't understand. As Adyashanti says it is ultimately about the willingness to come back to your human-ness and fully occupy there than get stuck in some esoteric thing called emptiness. Why doesn't Yogani ever use this kind of non-dual language but sticks to simple practical world language and instructions?

- Near
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  2:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

quote:

Just this moment

Who cares?
Self.
No one.

C'mon guys, look up.

@ Karl and Manigma.

I didn't ask who cares? I meant ""I?" don't care."
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  2:37:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Please dont give me the non-dual jargon saying there is no difference etc... It seems to be a cool thing in spiritual circles (and enlightened ones) to be talking in terms that normal people don't understand. As Adyashanti says it is ultimately about the willingness to come back to your human-ness and fully occupy there than get stuck in some esoteric thing called emptiness. Why doesn't Yogani ever use this kind of non-dual language but sticks to simple practical world language and instructions?

- Near

A+
Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  3:18:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just wanted to say thank you karl for sharing so much about your experience from your own view and perspective, there are many ideas of what 'enlightenment' could, would, should be like but who can really know but the one who is experiencing it. Very much appreciated
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  3:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

@ Karl and Manigma.

I didn't ask who cares? I meant ""I?" don't care."

Ananda your meaning was clear the first time. It wasn't a question.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  5:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2011 :  6:22:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nearoanoke wrote:
" It seems to be a cool thing in spiritual circles (and enlightened ones) to be talking in terms that normal people don't understand."

Amen. You've got the very well read, or people who have moved through a whole string of religions etc, who talk as if they understand anything, discussing the finer points of something we haven't even heard of but it sounds important.

But the ultimate for me is the advaita non-dual people who have developed a whole language for talking about things that can't be described in words. They'll tell you no action is necessary, that we already have all the answers within us. But somehow it is necessary for them to talk and write? I bet the best non-dual teacher is just silent. But that doesn't help most people. That's why it is so powerful that Yogani can simplify things even though he understands the complexities.

And with me, it's not that I will understand all that stuff someday.
I just have no desire to understand it. My inner guru presents me with questions and answers quite often (not in words, but situations), designed for me to learn easily, and I'm just kinda lazy and apathetic beyond that.

Edited by - Etherfish on Sep 09 2011 6:28:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  01:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Just this moment

"I?" don't care.
Self. Myself.
No one.

C'mon guys... enough dream talk.

If you are really in this state, this moment... don't hold back.

Jump!!

After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.
~ John 17:1

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  06:59:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not in any state, just your normal average Joe sometimes aware and sometimes not

Really don't care much also about you're saying my friend
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  07:04:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oops I meant: Really don't care much about "what" you're saying dear Manigma. That goes for what Karl is saying also after the rhetoric changed into pure advaita.

It's just talk for me, no relation whatsoever with it. You guys are on some heavenly non dual place while I am on earth it seems. Did I get that right

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  07:23:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Oops I meant: Really don't care much about "what" you're saying dear Manigma. That goes for what Karl is saying also after the rhetoric changed into pure advaita.

It's just talk for me, no relation whatsoever with it. You guys are on some heavenly non dual place while I am on earth it seems. Did I get that right

LOL.

There is no earth my friend. Only heaven. Only ananda.

Open your wings... and jump!!

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  07:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

How to or not to?
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

How to or not to?

Look up, and pray.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  10:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

How to or not to?

Look up, and pray.

Pardon my honesty but a lot of what you said seems now like empty talk. You are just waiting people's time and yours.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  10:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, that's: You are "wasting" people's time and yours.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2011 :  11:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jeff

quote:

quote:

LOL.

There is no earth my friend. Only heaven. Only ananda.

Manigma,

Do you still feel the body? Joy and sadness?

Open your wings... and jump!!

The body? Like never before. Its marvelous. I feel like a king.

Its like I had this gift all my life and I never opened it. Its amazing. Its magic.

Its like I am receiving continuous energy like a baby from her mother inside the womb. Its so full of blissful energy and yet I am peaceful.

Its so strange. Am i dreaming now or was i dreaming before?

There is only joy and dance. What is sadness? I remember being sad but its like I was having a bad dream then.

I feel just great.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000