AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 Vibrational stillness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:28:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Right now I'm sitting at a desk. I feel a faint, warm glow steadily tingling from fingertips to toes. There is a subtle hue of golden purple that seems to be persistently present when I close my eyes. It evens tints the images I outwardly perceive.

Many of the staunch non-dualists and Zen folks will say I'm caught up in ecstatic bliss. That this is not awakening. Awakening is beyond anything that can be experienced, they say.

Well, I don't care. I'm enjoying this vibrational stillness, and it positively affects the way I interact with everyone I encounter.

So, bask in this warmth with me as it radiates outward. Don't believe that awakening is just a shift in perception. Or believe whatever you want. I just know that AYP works, that these milestones are real, and that you'd have to put a gun to my head to make me stop the practices, the bhakti, and the cultivation of divine love. And I don't even think the gun would stop me. Love is stronger than fear--much stronger.

Reporting from the trenches of life--over and out.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  4:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

So, bask in this warmth with me as it radiates outward.

Sharing it and enjoying it with you.
Thank you.
_/\_
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks, Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  05:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  07:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  09:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Purple Haze
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  3:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Purple Haze

"Excuse me--while I kiss the sky!"
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  04:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by karl

Purple Haze

"Excuse me--while I kiss the sky!"

We are rehearsing that song.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  07:41:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

without the LSD off course
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  07:56:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:

without the LSD off course

we have a guy that we are paying to help us get the band knocked into shape. A experienced player and critical ear. One of the songs is Deep Purple - black knight.

The bass player is finding it a struggle to get the shuffle feel and that means I can't get a good groove going on. The experienced guy said to me that I didn't need to worry about trying to get it to sound like the original and just concentrate on getting the interplay between drum and bass working. Then he said it was actually impossible to get it to sound like the original because they were so high at the time, they were in another place entirely.
Go to Top of Page

FutureHumanDestiny

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  12:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Reporting from the trenches of life--over and out.

Roger Bodhi tree.

the journey of many miles has many milestones and very few of them are written of. in other words, they are not included in the sacred texts and so people don't relegate much significance to them because their ego is the one that wants to decide what's significant, and what isn't.

since the path of enlightenment is personal; i.e. unique (in most ways) to your person, it's up to you and you alone (and to each and every one of us as individuals) to recognize the subtle yet significant events that transform our dynamic selves.

in other words, i find your post encouraging me to continue my work as well.

thanks.

-dale
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  1:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for you response, Dale. Glad you are encouraged, and I think our shared encouragement will only accelerate the process of global purification and opening.

Karl! Good luck with learning the songs. I always found that the trick is--just like you said--not to try to duplicate the original version but to come up with your own unique style of the song. Kind of like what Dale says about the uniqueness of the milestones of enlightenment for each person. A paradox: individual, yet united in stillness.

@ maheswari: LOL. I've taken my share of LSD, for sure. But now I'm on to ingesting the real drug of pure bliss consciousness. Too bad they can't sell that in paper form.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  4:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks for you response, Dale. Glad you are encouraged, and I think our shared encouragement will only accelerate the process of global purification and opening.

Karl! Good luck with learning the songs. I always found that the trick is--just like you said--not to try to duplicate the original version but to come up with your own unique style of the song. Kind of like what Dale says about the uniqueness of the milestones of enlightenment for each person. A paradox: individual, yet united in stillness.

@ maheswari: LOL. I've taken my share of LSD, for sure. But now I'm on to ingesting the real drug of pure bliss consciousness. Too bad they can't sell that in paper form.

I started that with the Santana song Black magic woman, came up with a unique version of the Rhumba groove. Really pleased with it.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  7:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Splendid.

Here's another awesome Santana song that can melt the heart--it's called Samba Pa Ti:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AUm_xaE9A
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  04:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Splendid.

Here's another awesome Santana song that can melt the heart--it's called Samba Pa Ti:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5AUm_xaE9A

We did that one a while back. It's like the old drummers joke " old drummers never die, they just keep getting faster and faster" . It's awkward because it speeds up just when your lulled into a nice relaxed, rhythmic repetition.
Go to Top of Page

warlock

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  09:34:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi Tree, that is amazing! AYP truly does work! I have experienced the divine outpouring of love. It is real and can change the world. If every member of the human family experienced this, there would be an immediate shift on the planet towards a higher vibration. The Divine Awakening is happening right now... with thousands feeling the love that exists within and without.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  2:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this Bodhi Tree, it makes me so happy to hear of your success. :D

In my experience, ecstatic bliss is like oil, oil poured on the tight, tangled knot of our attachments, aversions, negative emotions, and ignorance. That oil eases the knot and allows it to become unraveled.

Advaita, non-dualist and Zen folks can get caught up in too much dogmatism. A good spiritual path should yield gradual progress and improvements day to day life, whilst also allowing for spiritual awakenings.

Thank you again
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  9:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@karl: "Old drummers never die, they just keep getting faster and faster." LOL. Never heard that one but it's got me chuckling. You Brits are full of good humor. Matter of fact, my job is answering calls from hospitals, and when I get a British nurse on the line--I'm like...Yes! This is music to my ears.

@warlock: Thank you for your optimism and affirmations. I'm right with you: we're entering a golden age.

@mr anderson: Love that oil metaphor. Reminds me of a good metaphor I actually heard in San Francisco Zen Center once. The teacher said that meditation and the spiritual path is much like a river that consistently pummels a sharp, jagged rock. The rock becomes rounded with time and softens from the flow of the water.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000