Enlightenment Milestones
 My body is starting to relax
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markus

Croatia
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone

During the last 3-5 months, I have noticed that during the day, I can feel my muscles relaxing and letting go. It is like I have been tense all my life. Whenever I start to think of the past or the future I notice that the muscles very quickly tense up again.It kind of feels like a grabbing effect. When I can feel it happening, I can usually snap back into the present and let go.
I was just wondering if anybody else is having this kind of experience and if it is part of the purification process?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 24 2012 10:06:42 AM

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  12:41:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Markus,
in the past I too notice how remembering to let go of muscular tension seemed to have a positive effect on energy levels by the end of the day. I don't doubt that some level of purification has at least indirectly led you to discover that 'grabbing' effect. I sometimes experiment with remembering to release that sort of tension, especially when having to do something that feels like a chore; I see it as possibly having a role in bringing meditation more into daily life even if it is enough to just do the twice daily and go out and live.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  1:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have it too. An occasional involuntary release of muscular tension, mostly in lower torso. I notice it happening more and more often. Seems like a good thing. Hopefully it is the beginning of a progression towards living without tension full time.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  3:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My stomach was always under tension from fear/stress. For years I thought that was normal and then about a year ago it vanished.
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  8:34:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I experience this all the time. A constant releasing. Releasing and letting go.

For me it's often accompanied by energy shooting up my spine, and a relaxed, pleasurable sensation.
Go to Top of Page

Swan

India
256 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  11:51:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

I have felt that too and this is great!

However, for me it has been more strong and noticeable when felt mentally than physically. In recent days, I am feeling the relaxation of mind coming up suddenly from no where, stoping all mental babble and a calmness surges. I wonder if this is 'rise of silence'.
Go to Top of Page

Markus

Croatia
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  08:30:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to hear your voices. It is always good to know that I am not alone with these experiences.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2012 :  02:48:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes, I also have experienced this, both physically and mentally.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000