New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  12:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When one feels edgy, off-centered, nervous and generally 'dipsy' should one try to 'push through' with the meditation as usual or wait till you feel better?... Now for a totally unrelated issue, does anyone believe in 'soul mates', the one person that's right for another even after being together a few years will kill it. Is there a significants there, or is it just another delusional attachment of the 'mind'? I can lean either way on the subject depending on what kind of 'mush bucket' movie my wife just watched. Also, I think it happened to me a couple of times. It was nice but it was also horrible.
Thanks gang, have a wonderful wonderful.
L

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2011 :  8:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would just meditate when you can. When you are feeling edgy etc that is a good time to do it; it's something that will dissolve into silence over time and even out.

If you are meditating there will be no pushing through needed... just easily favouring the mantra.

Regarding soul mates I think it is a big pile of steaming... manure. It sells books and films though!

Who said romance is dead?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  03:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just meditate when it is the time for your daily meditation....the tensions will be worked out (even if you dont notice) as you keep on coming back to the mantra...

as for soul mates...there is a book by Robert Svoboda called "Aghora at the left hand of God"...he talks about rnanubandhana of sex....he says that if 2 people are meant to be together it is due to past accumulated karma...so if the acculamlated past sex is big enough they end up getting married...if not enough it will be a casual sexual relationship...
even Ramana Maharshi insists that the karma of the physical body is bound to happen...
off course ideally one should not identify with whatever is happening to the body...this is the one and only freedom...
..the soul mate concept as introduced in commercial books and movies ...is just silly day dreaming...
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  6:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Wasn't sure if fighting through it was the right thing to do or not. Man, how do you do this without support?
Bless all,
L.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2011 :  10:36:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

just meditate when it is the time for your daily meditation....the tensions will be worked out (even if you dont notice) as you keep on coming back to the mantra...

as for soul mates...there is a book by Robert Svoboda called "Aghora at the left hand of God"...he talks about rnanubandhana of sex....he says that if 2 people are meant to be together it is due to past accumulated karma...so if the acculamlated past sex is big enough they end up getting married...if not enough it will be a casual sexual relationship...
even Ramana Maharshi insists that the karma of the physical body is bound to happen...
off course ideally one should not identify with whatever is happening to the body...this is the one and only freedom...
..the soul mate concept as introduced in commercial books and movies ...is just silly day dreaming...

maybe karma doesn't exist either

there will be certain people who feel more electric -- it may seem soul mate-ish although it's always up to you how to act or not act on these vibes
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  01:56:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
delta 33 ...from pure vedantic point of view...yes there is
NO karma....
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2011 :  06:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The recommendation is that you sit twice daily for meditation at around the same time, come hell or high water
So please yes, do sit down and meditate whether or not you feel edgy.

And yes, I do believe in Soulmates.
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  7:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If we believe in souls, then of course, that Supreme Being known as Lord, also exists and comes into the scene. I am sorry to disagree, that so called soul relationshps are just misconepts. The only real relation each soul has, is only with it`s creator. At phisicall levels, yes, we are born from parents, we grow and marry, we have genders. But as spritual entities, what genders do we have? Since we come into existence, we do not even remember, not even our last birth relations, what to say about the previous ones...then how can we have stable relations. We get relations as spouses, parents, friends and children just on a karmic level, not even these but, even our characters, our destinies, our welfare.... each and everything is the result of karmas. If, there is any true relation...than that is of the soul with it`s Creator, it`s Heavenly Father, and because of it´s being away from it´s true source or origin, so much pain, suffering and ignorance, are the results and consequences on the poor soul.
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  7:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And yes, no time is bad for meditation time. Sitting in for meditation, is like siting in one´s own house, shutting the doors to outer agents of stress and problems, by remaining in one´s own house, where peace permeates each and every corner, so it is always good to retrieve into the the chamber of divinity.
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2011 :  10:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
soul/spirit = whatever

this is your life in this moment.. you're living it right now
Go to Top of Page

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2011 :  10:56:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once born, one has no choice but to live up to his last breath. But it would be wise, by doing something which can improve one`s future. Because our presnt is based on our past, so naturally our future will be based on our each present second...and here lies the secret of getting what one thinks to be best, because as only present is ours, we have the choice for getting out from the darkness, to move towards the light, or remain in it, or sink even deeper in that darkness, the choice is totally ours, nobody is to be blamed, only we ourselves are responsible for our actions. If we want, we can be bats and shun light, or be eagles, and soar high in the skies with full sunlight.

Edited by - harsharan000 on Jul 09 2011 10:59:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  03:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mush bucket movie, that's a killer. As you've probably gathered I don't think too much or get deeply involved with the veneer of life. Analyzing myself is counter-productive but I know it's hard to ignore things that seem a burden.

So, when I'm in that frame of mind I go about changing things because if you want anything done right you gotta do it yourself. In my world nothing is more important than meditation....nothing.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  03:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...except maybe tomorrows All-Star game.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  08:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bats are the only mammal that can fly. They constitute almost 1/4 of all mammal species. 70% of them eat hundreds of insects every night and control population. Without them we would be over-run with insects.
The rest pollinate and move seeds. Tropical plants are dependent on them for this. Bats are beginning to die out due to the encroachment of man, and quite a few species are endangered.
The eco-system is dependent on creatures of the darkness.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 12 2011 08:04:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  09:51:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do any Bats actually drink blood? I was attacked by some once. I'd pulled to the roadside in the Nevada desert on my Harley-Davidson and I guess the engines heat attracted them. They may have been escaping somebodies belfrey....wouldn't that be crazy?....wanting my blood.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2011 :  7:43:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes three species drink blood, vampires, but they prefer cows, pigs, etc. They usually don't go after people. They are only found in Mexico, central and south america.
the bites aren't harmful, their teeth are small, then they lap the blood. But a small percentage are rabid, and that is dangerous. They could attack people if they're rabid because they're crazy.
So those that attacked you were not vampire, but they might have been sick or something because they're normally afraid of people. And vampires aren't attracted to just heat; they sense the pulse of a heart.
But bugs are attracted to heat and light, and bats attack bugs like crazy- that may have been what they were after.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  12:53:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Dane. Some bats do like blood almost as much as an ex-wife, jes kiddin, love my wife a lot she makes more than me. But dem bats do come out of their caves at night and claw at cows n such till they bleed, then lick and suck. Yuk. Almost like the African tribe that exists totally on the blood and milk extracted from the juggular of their cow herds. They're very healthy by the way and the cows feel little but I'll pass on Thanksgivin dere.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  1:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was in an isolated area and even tho' there was a zillion stars it was pitch black, I stopped to wiz and I bet nothing had ever stopped there before so those bats had no idea what I was. They may have just been zooomin' around and I walked into them. We both scared each other. They were as blind as me. I liked looking at the Milky Way but I skidattled out of there.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  2:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Area 51 wasn't far from where I'd stopped in Nevada. I thought I might spot a UFO. If only one percent of all those stars have a planet and if only one tenth of one percent of those planets space travel there's gotta be a million flying saucers out there some where, maybe, operated by Batman.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 13 2011 3:58:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  3:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Man a Harley at night in the desert! Some guys just know how to live.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  6:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I bet they were chasing bugs. Some bugs are attracted to CO2 that we exhale, like mosquitos and gnats. So you may have had a swarm of bugs the bats were chasing.
Yeah a motorcycle at night in the desert is great if you have somewhere to hide during the day. Last time I stopped along the road near Las Vegas during the day it was 117 F degrees. You could have fried eggs on the road.
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  9:02:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Riding that bike thru the Calif. mountains on the way to Lake Tahoe is about as close to Nirvana as I've been. I had it all right there in my lap. The birds fly along with me, they were having as much fun as I was.

I rode into Death Valley and turned around and rode right back out in less than 10 miles. The Devils Golf course looked deadly. Indians seemed to pop up out of the sand so I guess some folks like it. Tahoe is a Heaven on Earth. Death Valley is just what it sounds like.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 13 2011 9:40:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  9:24:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what was this thread about again..?

Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  9:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've forgot. I think it was Soul mates and distracted meditation until the Etherfish brought up Bats. Maybe Bats in the belfrey cause distacted meditation. I've never met a soul mate other than everybody is my soul mate.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 13 2011 10:33:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

danebramage

USA
77 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2011 :  9:52:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I should've used those little smilely faces on my original posts. They may have helped avoid the confusion I created.

Edited by - danebramage on Jul 14 2011 12:44:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

JDas

USA
74 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2011 :  12:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit JDas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So how does vote tally on these issues?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000