Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What level of Samadhi was this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

quietone

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2011 :  11:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit quietone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Awhile ago I was meditating and I completely forgot who I was and where I was.
The first thing I remember after coming down from it was seeing the light from the sun on my eyelids and from there I started to panic. I was drowning in fear for about a minute and then I started to remember the ego self and I came to.
What level of Samadhi did I go through?.

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2011 :  2:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi quietone,

It isn't possible to say from that description what level of samadhi it was... and neither does it matter. It was an experience, it came and went. And it is a sign that good things are happening.

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2011 :  01:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by quietone

Awhile ago I was meditating and I completely forgot who I was and where I was.
The first thing I remember after coming down from it was seeing the light from the sun on my eyelids and from there I started to panic. I was drowning in fear for about a minute and then I started to remember the ego self and I came to.
What level of Samadhi did I go through?.

I would call it Gate Crasher or Party Crashing Samadhi. Yay!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gate-crashing

The Self crashes into the party organised by Ego.

If you can enter this state again and again, it could be classified as Savikalpa Samadhi. Then all panics and fears will begin to subside. As its the Ego that panics or fears, not you.

Go to Top of Page

quietone

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:36:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit quietone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi quietone,

It isn't possible to say from that description what level of samadhi it was... and neither does it matter. It was an experience, it came and went. And it is a sign that good things are happening.

All the best,

Christi

It seems quite easy to enter samadhi if that is what it was (I don't remember anything of it) but the first thing I just remembered being is being air(from nothing/ to air/ to seeing).
I'm about to start meditating 2-4 hours a day since nothing else seems to work.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  09:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I'm about to start meditating 2-4 hours a day since nothing else seems to work."

is not this way too much?
tc
Go to Top of Page

quietone

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  1:23:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit quietone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

"I'm about to start meditating 2-4 hours a day since nothing else seems to work."

is not this way too much?
tc

I always self pace.
I can't do any type of pranayama or Shambavi Mudra (something to do with my sinuses) I get eye aches.
Once I start seeing milky white clouds over my head while up and about in the physical form or anything similar then I will know it's time to self pace.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  2:06:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Quietone,

Yes, entering samadhi is easy when it comes naturally! Otherwise it is very difficult.

What kind of meditation do you do?
Go to Top of Page

quietone

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  6:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit quietone's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Quietone,

Yes, entering samadhi is easy when it comes naturally! Otherwise it is very difficult.

I don't know?, is it natural?, shouldn't people be able have extraordinary experiences after meditating for 2-3 hours a day for a week or week and a half?.

I don't do traditional meditation much but when i do I just relax until my mind quiets down and then around 30-40 minutes in I concentrate on nothingness - the silence of the mind and whenever a thought comes up I go back to the silence.

The meditations that I have been doing lately are for getting out of depression or just improving my mood in general. I've been moving the sexual energy at the coccyx up to my heart center or the solar plexus center by making a cone shape with my fingers and resting them on the chakra point.
I also just concentrate on my feet sometimes and the sexual energy just spreads all throughout my body but mainly in the torso.

Go to Top of Page

faileforever

USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2011 :  7:42:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry so much about having extraordinary experiences, or push too hard to try and achieve them...they come and go
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2011 :  12:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It seems quite easy to enter samadhi if that is what it was

Samadhi is our natural state. We are always in Samadhi (in the background). We just discover it.

Meditation is the art of discovering this natural state.

First we discover it.. gate crashing samadhi, savikalpa samadhi etc. And once we begin to establish in it, it becomes a permanent state... Nirvikalpa/Sahaja Samadhi.

We start by going from Shakti to Shiva... provoking Shakti until it has no choice but to rise and merge into Shiva.

KaboOm!

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2011 :  6:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Hi Quietone,

I don't know?, is it natural?, shouldn't people be able have extraordinary experiences after meditating for 2-3 hours a day for a week or week and a half?.

I don't do traditional meditation much but when i do I just relax until my mind quiets down and then around 30-40 minutes in I concentrate on nothingness - the silence of the mind and whenever a thought comes up I go back to the silence.

The meditations that I have been doing lately are for getting out of depression or just improving my mood in general. I've been moving the sexual energy at the coccyx up to my heart center or the solar plexus center by making a cone shape with my fingers and resting them on the chakra point.
I also just concentrate on my feet sometimes and the sexual energy just spreads all throughout my body but mainly in the torso.

Hi Quietone,

There isn't really any should or shouldn't about meditation. Some people have extraordinary experiences and others don't. It isn't about the experiences anyway- it's about what you are able to let go of. Enlightenment isn't an experience.

Your meditation practice sounds fine, I should carry on as you are and not worry about samadhi, or experiences and just let things unfold as they do.

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2011 :  06:38:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I completely forgot who I was and where I was"

This is exactly what samadhi is I think, you failed to remember who you were and where you were, so samadhi arose as an obstruction ... and then got seen ...

I had a powerful experience two nights ago ... i was pulled out of my body by an extremely powerful energy, where surrender was immediately felt ... and it pulled my body straight into the air ... i had no time to react ... i woke up feeling as if someone had hammering energy into my forehead...

This was as a dream... i experienced...

when I am awake .. I experience this sensation too ... although it's more conscious ... i think sleep tends to allow things to arise...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000