New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  11:51:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc wrote
quote:

Thanks, but I'm not bringing them out from the mess. They are very capable of doing that themselves. They are already clean from drugs when I meet them. They are helping themselves to a better life by getting an education. The company just presents an arena where they can grow.

Yes but that arena is so important. There is talk elsewhere on the forums about not really being able to help anybody, and that may be true. If so, providing an environment and tools for people to help themselves is the best thing you can do for the world (like AYP for instance!).

It's actually better that way, because the more those things are provided, the more likely someone who needs to change will hear about it and consider doing something.
Also those providing tools can concentrate on improving tools rather than worrying about each individual. Let the individual become empowered by being responsible for himself. It's all good.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2011 :  12:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly the basic idea of the company and the way it works. Nicely put, Etherfish! I'm priviliged to be able to work at such a place.
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  07:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to hijack the thread, but I thought some of you might be interested in this documentary. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/ibog...-of-passage/

Fortunately, I've never been addicted to anything other than sugar, but I have family and friends that have or are struggling with various addictions. ibogaine seems like it might be very beneficial to people who just can't shake their habits.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  4:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc wrote:
quote:
@Etherfish
quote:
Ask if they've ever experienced an exceptionally restful night of sleep, and woke up the next morning feeling like something changed? Like a weight has been taken off their shoulders, and life is somehow easier than yesterday?
And maybe they wondered how could there be such a huge force so benevolent, and why would it favor me?
That is much more the kind of feeling I have gotten from meditation than trippy stuff.

Great! Thanks! Another thing I can now refer to - that there's actually a possibility to experience it like that! Now I can say "I know a guy who expressed the difference between a trip and meditation like this:..."

It's a long process - this has happened to me several times. Just my style; everyone's different.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000