Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 yoga practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bon

Bulgaria
3 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  09:24:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit bon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,everybody.
I want to discuss some questions with you.
The first questoin:
May one's practices be overpracticed by the aspirant?
I mean when I do not need to practice-I am practiced the daily zap,could it have negative effects?For example I do 1 hour practice in the morning and my teachers said that it is enough.And in the evening i do additional exercices at the same elements-asanas,pranayama,meditation,according to my physical an psychic condition.For me this has meaning when you want to expand spiritually.
And the second question,at the same point:
Could any practice be done,not only for health,but also for gratitude to the teachers/guru?When I am following yoga I may practice additional exercises at the same elements, giving the same effect as my earlier daily practice,but to say thank you to the teachers/guru,who help me in the spiritual path.Is that wrong?Or I should add more meditation in the evening,not asanas,when I have done basic asanas in the morning?
For which other purposes could be done spiritual practices?
Thank you for the answers and discussion and wish you a good luck.

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  12:00:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bon!

Welcome.

I do not know if read any of the "Key Lessons" -- they are on the left side of your screen right now. In AYP the most basic core practice is cultivating inner silence through "Deep Meditation" (DM) done twice daily for 20 or fewer minutes. Yes it is possible to over-practice and so "self-pacing" is needed. In AYP we are aiming for slow and steady progress while maintaining stability in the core practice of twice daily DM. You have to pace yourself according to what you can do and still stay stable in your core DM practice. If you are going to cut back on anything, in an AYP approach, the last practice to cut back on is twice daily DM.

Desire for a healthy body, and desire to show gratitude to your teachers are great motivators. On that theme you might want to read the lesson titled "Desire-Bhakti." If it gives motivation to do regular practices, it is ok.

Again, welcome. Enjoy,

Bewell

Edited by - bewell on Feb 22 2011 12:02:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  7:36:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bon,

your guru wants the best for you. So you make him happy if you are happy. If you do practices for the guru but are not happy, then what you are doing is seemingly not efficient.

The best pratice is that one, which not only works independent of the guru, but if done for the guru brings about the double or tripple amount of joy :)

Sure, guru's have strange ways. Sufi gurus will tell you to clean the garden, help these or those people in this or that work, but somehow transform or translate this on all levels for your benefit alone.

What can you do? Do and see. A saying of Osho that helped me since and till does: truth is what works.

Perhaps to get an idea what can work, what is possible, you can find some nice lessons here.

Edited by - Holy on Feb 22 2011 8:00:25 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000