AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sleep direction?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dstein

2 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  04:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit dstein's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste all!

I have a question regarding sleep directionand the effects that might have one's kundalini.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this topic for me, as it has become rather pertinent.

To explain, about 6 years ago when i first moved homes, I notcied that my new sleeping direction had a profound negatvie effect on me and I had to change to sleep the other way around which felt much better.

After doing some research, it appears that according to the vedic rishis, it is quite good to sleep witht he head pointing east, which is brings expanded awareness, and to put the head to towards the south , which brings health and longevity.

Now i have moved to a new home and find that I am sleeping to the east for the first time. I think I might be very overly sensitive as i find it extremely intense in that eastern direction, to the extent that my body starts to shake and I get a lot of kriyas. I seem to tolerate it for a few nights and then I have to sleep in a another direction. I was quite shocked a first by the effects I was havin. What happens is that as soon as I lie down with the head towards the east, the kundalini goes up very powerfully..

My wife thinks I am making this all up and I wish I was! I have come to believe in my heart that the eastern and southern directions must be beneficial as this is what the vedic wisdom says.

Any advice on what i can do? is sleeping to the east recommended and is it possible that it is having such an effect on me?

Kind regards
David

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  06:29:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste Dstein

i don't know much about the east and south direction related to kundalini.
i tried at least to feel the difference between sleeping head to the north and head to the south.
after months of sleeping head to the south, i tried recently to sleep head to the north for 7 days.
the full moon effect + this change brought too much heat and energy to the brain which gave me a headache for 1 day.
so now, back to the South position :) which feels the most comfortable.
then i found this video by Saddguru Jaggi Vasudev explaining why one should NOT sleep head to the north: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJOjRIijxwk

awaiting others feedback!
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  04:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
then i found this video by Saddguru Jaggi Vasudev explaining why one should NOT sleep head to the north: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJOjRIijxwk

It seems difficult to me to accept the logic of this explanation. However, I sleep with my head to the south intuitively too.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  11:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had not thought about it before as yogic, but I sleep with my head toward due south, and have been doing so for over ten years.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2011 :  03:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My Ayurvedic teacher said that you should sleep with the head pointing east or south but never north or west. He said it had to do with alignment to the directional flow of the earth (facing east) and with the magnetic field (facing south). If you face with head east you face toward the rising sun and south towards a southern or sunny exposure so either of those ways would incline one to wake up earlier with the sun if out in the open or near a window.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000