New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  05:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear friends !

I have a question regarding my sexual behaviour and any relation of it with the spirituality. But first let me introduce me and my history.

I am a spiritually inclined person. I use to read spiritual literature on various yoga paths i.e. Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Gyan Yoga, Raja Yoga (Astanga Yoga), Kundalini Yoga and Tantra.

I am very much affected by the teachings of Swami A.C. Bhaktivendanta Parbhupad and “Krishna consciousness”.

I am equally inclined to Tantra and Kundalini Yoga Practices also. In these yoga branches, I have read that our body and mind must be purified with Yama, Niyama, Asanas, Pranayama and Bandhas. I do daily practices of few Asanas, Bandhas and Pranayama.

Now, I am unmarried and always try to control my sexual urges with my bhakti towards Lord Kirshna. I chant his names and mantras and remembering him every time and surrendering to him as much as I can. I regularly dwells in the his pass-times.

Though the sexual urges are too strong that they enter the body and mind, I control them without suppression with the devotion towards the lord. I again repeat that I do not think that I suppress the sex desire, I am emotionally attached to lord Krishna and these desires vanish by his grace.

But, I am surprised to feel that whenever I read spiritual books, whenever I talk on spirituality, whenever I become too emotional for lord, I get little aroused and feel liquid in small quantity in my sex organ. It is definitely not my semen, because I do not masturbate. It is the liquid when one is aroused.

The same liquid flows when I talk emotionally to my family members, my younger brothers and sisters.

I am surprised if it is normal or it is harmful for me because on one side, I practice to preserve the semen (the life force) with spiritual behaviour and on the other hand I loose small liquid (though not semen), with being highly emotional. INFACT WHEN I AM WRITING THIS POST, I BECOME EMOTIONAL AND I CAN FEEL THE LIQUID INSIDE MY LINGAM (PENIS).

Please give your valuable views and guide me in this regard.

Thanks.

awaevo

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  12:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi satchitanand -

Personally I would not imagine that the "arousel liquid" you're loosing would be enough to deplete your lifeforce.

About a year after I began practicing celibacy, I begin to feel a powerful attraction toward everyone and everything. Many times, at the sight or sound of something beautiful (music, words, nature), my body will become aroused. Sometimes the body arousel will cause a response in my penis also, sometimes I just burst into tears . Energy seems to be funny that way lol. I always looked at this as sexuality finding expression in other ways.

I would say, as long as you're not experiencing any frustration with this feeling, then its a GooD thing .

Love

Edited by - awaevo on Jan 19 2011 12:40:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  3:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Awaevo !

Thanks for your valuable reply. I appreciate your saying. Let me also seek for some more replies.

When I practice celibacy, I feel very happy. I also feel divinity in myself. I am developing the strong feeling that I will copulate only with my wife (If I get married) and only for the sake of progeny and for occasional sensual pleasure for both of us. Otherwise, if I am not married at god's will, I will go for life long natural celibacy.

May god bless me with such strong will power.

By the way, do you also experience divinity in yourself when you practice celibacy.

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  6:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Satchitanand,

I have found practices to be the most effective method in transmuting sexual desire, most notably deep meditation and spinal breathing pranayama. My experience is that as inner silence and ecstacy become more establiched whithin your nervous system desire for more gross forms of pleasure and all things harmful to your nervous system becomes less and less.

I also love Krsna and I am very familiar with the hari krsna teachings and practices and also those of Paramahansa Yogananda and AYP. My experience is that the meditative techniques taught by AYP and Parmahansa Yogananda seem to be more effective at facilitating this transformation. This is definately the case with myself, but judging only from external observation it seems so also in my friends ( I could be wrong).

And yes I also feel a strong love for others when I am practicing celibacy. I also notice a large increase in my energy during meditation and a generall increase in my overall vitality and joy for life. Previously I tried to enforce celibacy using large amounts of will power, I found this very difficult and when I finally broke would be very critical of myself. I no longer take this approach and now use my will to ensure I keep a twice daily meditation and pranayama routine, the result has been a natural, effortless and spontaneuos transmutation of sexual desire into love for god.

I hope my experience helps. Good luck on your sadhana
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  12:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jamuna !

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I admire it. But you did not mention anything about the "arousal liquid". I had mentioned in my post that though I am naturally able to restrain "illicit sex" with my devotion to lord, I can not control the "arousal liquid" coming out of my sex organ when I am emotional.

See...for example...I am very emotional for my younger brother and sisters. Though the age difference between me and them is not more than 3-4 years, I treat them as my children. That is obviously because of my spiritual behavior. But, when I talk to them with love, I get small arousal in my sex organ and a slippery liquid (though in less quantity)comes out automatic.

I agree with Awaevo (the first commenter of this post) as he also experience this few times, but want to know from your side.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  01:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi satchitanand,

I think you can compare the arousal liquid to the liquid of saliva: when you see good food
and have appetite then saliva is being produced - no life force is spent.
When you are sexually aroused, then you have appetite - but you do not eat

Hope this helps

Wolfgang

Edited by - Wolfgang on Jan 20 2011 01:55:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  05:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by satchitanand

See...for example...I am very emotional for my younger brother and sisters. Though the age difference between me and them is not more than 3-4 years, I treat them as my children. That is obviously because of my spiritual behavior. But, when I talk to them with love, I get small arousal in my sex organ and a slippery liquid (though in less quantity)comes out automatic.

satchitanand

I appreciate your honesty about your relationship with you younger brother and sisters and with your own body, specifically your sexual organs. I see that you are on a path spiritual wisdom and great bhakti desire.

I might make some more comments, but first I have a few questions: How old are you? Do you live in your parent's household? What is your vocation outside of the household?

bewell

Edited by - bewell on Jan 20 2011 05:24:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  11:32:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi bewell !

Thanks for your reply. Well...I am 31 years old unmarried Indian male. As having spiritual tendencies, I must say that there is no religion for me as spirituality is beyond religious boundaries and it is hard to understand for those who stack with religions. But, for your kind information, I was born in a moderate middle class "Hindu" family (Pure vegetarian) of northern India.

I am physically slim, neither fat nor thin. I am average in muscular power, not weak but not very strong.

I believe in all existing and non existing religions and their teachings as I feel that all religions teach the same truth but sometimes in different ways. I love Krishna, Christ, Buddha, Muhammad and other great spiritual souls.

But yes...I am very much influenced by the teachings of "Bhagvad Gita" (The song of the lord), the greatest spiritual princlples of Sanatan (Hindu) dharma.

I accept that few years back, I did not have such spiritual quests in myself, but for last two years, I have it at good level in my body, mind and soul.

Now I wake up early in the morning. After answering the calls of nature, I first do some muscular exercise, followed by few asanas, then bandhas and one or two pranayamas. I regularly dwell in the teachings of lord Krishna. I am very much influenced by his teachings, his acts and his pass-times.

So, this is my past and present as well. Please let me know if I missed to give other information that you were expecting.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  11:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And yes...as for my profession, I am running an small IT business jointly owned by my elder and younger brother. I mean it is a family business. It is a medium scale business.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  12:58:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is very interesting getting to know you better. You did miss one bit of information I was asking about: Do you live in your parent's household? Who do you live under the same roof with? With whom do you share meals?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2011 :  1:09:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi satchitanand:

There is the old adage in tantra yoga that clear emission (pre-ejaculate) is not a loss of sexual essence, where a milky emission (semen) is.

So your experience is not going to drain you. In fact, it is a natural effect of strong bhakti.

Here in AYP, we have a tolerant view on milky emissions also, taking the position that ejaculation as often as once per week will not be a spiritual detriment, assuming daily yoga practices are in use. There are many variables in this, depending on sexual lifestyle, tantric techniques in use, how effectively and consistently they are being applied (how much "milk"), etc.

We go so far in AYP as to define "brahmacharya" as the "preservation and cultivation of sexual essences." It is a non-traditional view, which opens the door for cultivating spiritual progress within sexual lifestyles across the spectrum.

So the AYP Tantra Lessons apply to both non-celibates and celibates. In addition, many of the techniques in the AYP Main Lessons relate to the preservation and cultivation of sexual essences, for both non-celibates and celibates.

Here is a lesson on the range of possibilities, covering elements that tantric non-celibates and celibates have in common (not so different): http://www.aypsite.org/T9.html
It is a lesson addressed to the mainstream, which is decidedly non-celibate, so pardon the mention of celibacy as a "taboo subject." No one need go running for the door.

Wishing you all the best on your path!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  12:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Dear bewell !

Thanks for your support. Well...I do not live with my parents. I live with my elder brother and sister-in-law. They have two daughters. We stay in East Africa and our parents are in India.

This way, we five members (me, my brother, my sister-in-law and two nieces) live together.

Now, I am planning to get settled back in India. We have a houseboy who prepares breakfast and lunch for us. And dinner is prepared by my sister-in-law. In the daytime, I take enough food in lunch as after that I do my work and food is digested easily. In the night, I take light food, sometimes simple milk-rice and some times cereals-rice.

Thanks again. Waiting for your supportive reply.
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  01:17:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Dear Yogini !

Thanks for your detailed explanation. Well...in fact, what I ejaculate when I am talking emotionally with my dear ones, especially with my younger brothers and sisters, is the clear emission but sometimes when I clear it with my finger, I notice very small white particles (in very less quantity), then I clean my penis with cold water and everything is normal.

Well...I want to personally ask you something on the topic of tantra sex and celibacy. I am an unmarried male of 31 years of age and still have no one to practice tantra. I can naturally preserve my life force as no wife is there with me to demand for it. I am NOT telling that I feel it comfortable in being unmarried, I too want to live a happy married life and explore it spiritually.

So, I just want to ask you that how can an unmarried male can practice both Bhakti Yoga, (where there is no concern of worldly pleasures) and Tantra (where one can get enlightenment through indulging in Tantic sex).

I am asking this because I may get married soon within one or two years. (If god blesses this too me.)

Let’s say, it is beginning of year 2011. I am naturally preserving my life force and establishing myself in Bhakti so that impure thoughts do not come in mind and I do not loose my life force in masturbation of nocturnal emission.

Meanwhile, I want to make Tantra practices too (definitely alone, as right now I have no partner at all). Why, because when I will have a partner, I will be engaged in normal sexual activities (that is too spiritual), then I would like to give her more and more pleasure with my ability to love and sex her for longer period, lets say an hour. I am not very familiar with Tantra, but think that when a husband gives pleasure to his wife for longer time in bed, it develops strong relationship between them. (Though it is not a condition of a loyal wife and husband, as I think that even if one partner is not being able to give enough pleasure to his/her partner, then too they MUST be loyal, loving and supportive to each other).

So, just explain me how can I (an unmarried male) can increase my vital power to live a pure celibate life while incorporating it with few Tantric sex practices. And then, with my wife with moderation in copulation without loosing much life force.

Thanks…

Go to Top of Page

jamuna

Australia
104 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  02:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Sachitanand

quote:
Hi Jamuna !

Thanks for your detailed explanation. I admire it. But you did not mention anything about the "arousal liquid". I had mentioned in my post that though I am naturally able to restrain "illicit sex" with my devotion to lord, I can not control the "arousal liquid" coming out of my sex organ when I am emotional.

Unfortunately I am not able to answer from experience relating to this aspect of your question. However you seem to be getting a lot of relevant advice from other posters and I hope some answers resonate with you. You come across as very sincere I am sure your strong bhakti will take you along way, it is the fuel that drives effective practices.

Best of luck
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2011 :  11:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

So, I just want to ask you that how can an unmarried male can practice both Bhakti Yoga, (where there is no concern of worldly pleasures) and Tantra (where one can get enlightenment through indulging in Tantic sex).

I am asking this because I may get married soon within one or two years. (If god blesses this too me.)

Hi satchitanand:

Yes, of course.

But the details of it are not easy to answer, because it depends on all those variables mentioned in my previous post above.

The best thing to do is become familiar with the AYP Main and Tantra lessons, and see how that fits (or not) with your personal inclinations. There are adequate instructions in the Tantra lessons for "solo practice," and also a number of practices in the Main Lessons (siddhasana in particular) that can be used less overtly to promote the preservation and cultivation of sexual energy.

As for pleasing a potential future wife, solo practice can help for that, but ultimately, it will be between you and her. Not to get too far ahead in the tantra plan. Better to do the best you can where you are in the here and now.

Everything discussed on Tantra in AYP is predicated on a daily routine of deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama and other core yoga practices. Without that foundation, engaging in tantric sex in any form will not be very effective, and can lead to distractions. It is bhakti that leads us onward -- it illuminates all aspects of our life. You will know the next steps for you when you see them.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  12:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Dear Yogani !

Thanks for the detailed explanations. Let me go through the so mentioned "AYP Main and Tantra Lessons".

@Dear bewell !

Though I got a lot of information here, but I am still waiting for your comment as per the information I provided.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  01:12:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am also 31 and a businessman. I feel you should consult a doctor.

The cause of this emission does seem spiritual but the effect seems more physical.

Also read this: http://www.balbro.com/s2s/

Try to concentrate at your Navel or your Heart when you feel the emissions begin.

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  04:59:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
satchitanand

The feedback I will offer has to do with your situation in life: I sensed a particular discomfort on your part about being sexually aroused during highly emotional spiritual conversation with your younger siblings. In my further explorations regarding your life situation, I noticed that although you have moved away from your parent's home, and away from India, you are still very much surrounded by family during day to day living. In sharing your situation here online in a public forum, I sense a longing to be known in larger circles apart from family. And let me say now, as a spiritually sensitive person far apart from you socially, it is an honor to have this conversation with you. You talk of being open to marriage, but your vision of a marriage partner seems rather idealized (For that reason I want to highlight for you Yogani's feedback where he writes: "As for pleasing a potential future wife, solo practice can help for that, but ultimately, it will be between you and her. Not to get too far ahead in the tantra plan. Better to do the best you can where you are in the here and now." That is very wise.) I also noticed, with great pleasure that you are open to the possibility of not getting married for the sake of a divine calling, for you wrote: "...if I am not married at god's will, I will go for life long natural celibacy. "

The one suggestion that I want to make is something I offer with trembling in my heart, for it is rather out of keeping with where most of us here on the forum are at, but it is also a wonderful path of bhakti and spiritual service to the world. I want to ask if you have considered departing from family, at least for a time, and departing from conventional employment, and embarking on a spiritual journey in the world as a celibate spiritual aspirant. This, it seems to me is a path of great potential for freedom and service to humanity. It is also a path that you have to discover for yourself, from within.

Bewell

Edited by - bewell on Jan 22 2011 05:04:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2011 :  12:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell !

Thanks for your observations.

Well...I did not get you well when you said:
“I sensed a particular discomfort on your part about being sexually aroused during highly emotional spiritual conversation with your younger siblings”

Also, as you asked:
“I want to ask if you have considered departing from family, at least for a time, and departing from conventional employment, and embarking on a spiritual journey in the world as a celibate spiritual aspirant”

Here, I want to say that I never thought about remaining unmarried or being married. I am 31 years old and my family members are worried about my marriage and they are trying as well. I belong to a middle class moderate Hindu family and our society is very much influenced by the ancient Indian culture and religion. But as we are moderate, we are liberal in some ways too.

My family will never oppose me if I am in love with an unblemished girl of acceptable marriage age, who is not too beautiful but at least average in look. But, for me, I am not in love with any girl. So, they are looking a good match for me.

Now, I love Krishna, his teachings (Bhagvad Gita) and philosophy for life. He is prayed as “Supreme Personality of Godhead in Hindu society. (Though most of the Hindus who are religious do NOT know well about the spiritual aspect and personality of lord Krishna, they are religious and Krishna is god for them but for those who think spiritually, they know that Krishna was god incarnated as human (Hindu traditions believe in Incarnations). He was a great wrestler, great lover, great politician, great philosopher (He sang Bhagvad Gita), great diplomat, extremely beautiful, extremely powerful, extremely intelligent and great musician and above all, always on Dharma (on righteousness). I had read somewhere, some interpretation of his philosophy by an Indian yogi that:

“A yogi does not feel dejected if he is not married for the life time and he never gets overjoyed even if he is married hundred times”.

According to this philosophy, one should not deny any duty or responsibility that come in his life and that are righteous. That is why I never say that I will not marry if god wants me to marry and I will happily fulfill all the duties of a householder. BUT…in case I am not married by god’s will, I will wish to live a life of a true celibate performing my duties while engaging myself always in spiritual life.

And for serving humanity, I always think to give my life for this higher purpose. I want to serve humanity at large (for example, serving old age people or taking care of orphans and handicapped) but I have no path for that. I do not know how and when I will get there.

But yes… In our daily routine life, we always get this opportunity to help others, to be kind to others, to share with others, to love others without any expectation of anything in return.

But, in my views, to serve humanity at large or at small, there is NO need to leave house, to leave family members and to remain celibate. I have seen many people who are married and living with families and doing well for humanity.

Waiting for your precious comment…
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2011 :  2:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Satchitanand!

This is the first time I have had the honor and pleasure of a conversation like this with an Indian man in your situation in life, and with your spiritual consciousness. As for the part of what I wrote that you said you do not get, my hunch is that the meaning of what I said has more to do with me than you. Thank you for considering my thoughts, but thank you most of all for allowing me and all of us a chance to see your inner life.

Bewell
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  12:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell !

Thanks again for your support.
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2011 :  01:01:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All !

Thanks to all of you for being a part of this discussion. This was my first post on forum and I am very happy for it.

It is indeed one of the best way to share our thoughts. Here we get guidance for every aspect of our Material, Physical, Intellectual and Spiritual life.

Here we can discuss openly without concerning what one will think about our saying and how it will be taken by those who are simply materialistic. Because, here at forum, most of the friends are open-minded and spiritual seekers.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  07:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you want to sublimate the sexual energy including the sixt rite to the five tibetan rites is considered quite effective by many. Another very good method is turtle breathing as is described on this website:

alchemicaltaoism.com
Go to Top of Page

satchitanand

India
57 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2011 :  08:54:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks markern !

Let me go through the link you provided.

Regards,

Satchitanand
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2011 :  08:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
But, I am surprised to feel that whenever I read spiritual books, whenever I talk on spirituality, whenever I become too emotional for lord, I get little aroused and feel liquid in small quantity in my sex organ. It is definitely not my semen, because I do not masturbate. It is the liquid when one is aroused.

Just wanted to check out how is your condition with the liquid flowing out from your sex organ?

I came across this page and thought it might be helpful:

Energy has been going downward through the sex center continuously for many births, so when any energy is created it will first try to move downward. That is why meditation sometimes will create more sexuality in you than you have ever felt before. You will feel more sexual because you have generated more energy than you previously had. When you have conserved something, the old, habitual passage is ready to release it. The mechanism is ready, the old passage is ready. Your mind only knows one passage -- the lower one, the sexual passage -- so when you are meditating the first movement of your life energy will be downward. Just be aware of it.
http://www.messagefrommasters.com/O...ndalini.html

Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  10:27:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brahmacharya raksha mantra;OM ARYAMAYAI NAMAHA,japa of this mantra when ever sexy thoughts come to our minds.21 recitations before going to sleep avoid wet dreams.swami satyananda from bihar school of yoga suggested viparita karani mudra to balance our sexual energies and overcome lust,from the multiple hormones the most important ones are the sex hormones called retas it is said they are the responsables for arresting degeneration as long as the body remains saturated with retas the body remains young and the body emits pleasant odour preservation of this hormone is called brahmacharya when this hormone goes down to the navel region it turns into semen and leaves the body by emission the consequence of this process restlessness is created in the mind and one becomes mentally and physically broken,this cicle of degeneration is inverted by the practice of viparita karani mudra before the retas turn into semen you reverse the process and send back the hormone prana to the brain viparita karani mudra is the first practice of kriya yoga .worshipping hanuman grants control over senses brahmacharya intelligence courage and all the characters of great dharma .the manojavan of lord hanuman mantra is very powerful to correct lust.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000