New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  3:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, just signed up

The last two years I had some kundalini experinces. First time I had a high fiver and my stomac hurted. My whole body suddently started to contract and I got the feeling, when you have lyed on your arm and you start to get the feeling again, In my whole body. I was very scared but adventually I surrendered. my friends got my out to get me to a hospital. while I was out on the street waiting for the ambulance My whole body started to get jerking movement's and I felt deep peace and extacy untill the ambulance driver came and slapped me hard in the face.

Anyway I had some bleeding in my stomac and after a few days I was on my feet again. And I searched around and found out that it could been a kundalini awakening (I was allredy doing alot of meditation and yoga, without really knowing so much about it).

I have been practicing being in the now alot, but then my ego got in the backdoor.

Now for about two month ago I started again fokusing on being in the now (had some blissfull moments in total ecstacy as well). And the last days my body has had som jerking movements wich I have just alowed to be (it is most there when I am really going in my body)

Today (after yoga and meditation) I alowed the shaking complitly to take me over. My body shaked (arms and legs went crazy) and I screamed with full power over and over againg before I calmed and then it would soon start again. it went on for 20 min. Then I got the sticking feeling in my hands and my fingers stardet to crumble. I focused on the ligth in my body and just let it be there untill it went away.

Is this kundalini?

My head have pretty much been hurting for 3 days now except when I have been fully pressent.

I don't know so much about kundalini awakening, so some guidelines and tips is really apriciated

Love

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 6:27:55 PM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2011 :  4:32:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Erik and welcome to the forums

Good to have you on board, and yes you seem to be going through kundalini symptoms of overloading. As for the practice of being in the now, the result you are getting is because of what we call over here non relational Self inquiry. Which means that you should take it easy and do that practice in moderation.

I will share with you three lessons that are life savers for people like me and you:
The first lesson you should read:
Lesson 69 - Q&A – Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

second:
Lesson 13 - Meditation -- Awakening the Silent Seed
http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

third:
Lesson 41 - Pranayama – Spinal Breathing
http://www.aypsite.org/41.html

But of course it is always best to start from the beginning:
Lesson 10 (The first in this series) - Why This Discussion?
http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

Check out lesson 69 first of all!

Doing 5 minutes of spinal breathing and 20 minutes of deep meditation will do you a lot of good in a very short time. I suggest dropping the other practices you're doing until things settle out but that remains up to you of course and it should be noted that combining AYP with other practices has unpredictable outcomes.

I wish you all the best on your path, in case you have any other questions you're welcome.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  05:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for quick respons and the welcome Ananda! :)

I read trough all the stuff. And I am familuar with most of it, but I got a much better understanding.

btw maby some more info would also be to help. When this last shaking happend wich I described in the last post, I did kundalini yoga (from a dvd) first and before I meditated and also some simular to the pranayama discribed here. Then I let my mind go blanck for maby 30-50 min and my awareness expanded and it felt like I was blending with the floor I was lying on. Then soon after the meditation I felt like my body wanted to shake and I allowed it with all it's intensity.

My question is, was it the right thing to do to go into the shaking or is there another way?
It also felt like I was releasing some trauma, could this be right?

I also just been doing the pranayama breathing and felt the energy was more free with this technique. Then I started to bounce (my spine is going back and forth, then also some bouncing in the upperches. This bouncing begining to be normal for me now. It happens alot. No discomfort.

Is it anything I should do when it happens?
Is it good that it happens?
and what happens?

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  2:09:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Erik

These experiences are the result of releasing too much obstructions in a very short time. This is why you enjoy these experiences even though they might scare the hell out of you sometimes but when they're done afterward we start to experience bad overloading symptoms like headache, anger etc..

It sounds like you need to do a lot of grounding activity like jogging and eating a heavier diet and taking it easy concerning spiritual practices (including reading and devotional ones) and staying active as much as you can after your two daily sessions of AYP.

As for the breathing you did, in case it's AYP this is just scenery and will pass and you shouldn't practice more than 5 minutes twice a day. If it's another practice then I am sorry I can't say or help much with anything which I can't talk from my own experience or someone else's whom I trust in his word.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  2:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for replay, I guess I tend to overdo things a bit. Well then I will follow your advice :)

Love
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2011 :  3:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[i]Originally posted by erik89[/i

Anyway I had some bleeding in my stomac

Hi Erik,

Welcome to the AYP forum, where the practices are "advanced," where all are welcome, and where kundalini energy finds a home with peaceful inner silence. From what you have said, it sounds like you are realizing that you have come to the right place.

I have a question for clarification: During that emergency situation two years ago, were you and the doctors able tell what caused your stomach to bleed?

Namaste

Be
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  04:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're welcome dear Erik, we are all here to help.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  09:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"I have a question for clarification: During that emergency situation two years ago, were you and the doctors able tell what caused your stomach to bleed?"

No they didn't find anything. I looked at my papers. The only thing I saw was that my creatine level in my blood where almost 5 times as high as what is the normal.

Love

Edited by - erik89 on Jan 08 2011 09:59:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  11:22:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked up Creatine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine

That one is new to me. Do you know how you got so much creatine in your system? Were you taking some as a dietary supplement?

Peace

Edited by - bewell on Jan 08 2011 11:22:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2011 :  12:13:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, not at that time.
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  3:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A litle update.

Now I feel much better and the energy has seatled. I feel like my life is going great :)

I have one qustion for you guys. When things go great I have peace, but nothing pleases me. All just feels OK (a feeling of a bit impatient, like "what is the next thing I can do to fulfill me" when there is nothing nessesery to add to my life, and I know adding something will certainly don't make me "more fulfilled").

I feel like this is the stage wich is stopping me to get complete liberation and enlightenment. At this stage there usually takes a couple of days before I loos motivation to continue what I am doing. Any ideas on how to get trough this pattern?

Thanks!

Love
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2011 :  6:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I feel like this is the stage wich is stopping me to get complete liberation and enlightenment.
Thanks!

I would avoid having that mind set. That could be the exact thing which is stopping you achieve liberation. The ego is attaching itself to a future event - and we don't even know what enlightenment is. So, in my humble opinion, there is not much point in thinking like that!

Just keep with the twice daily practices doing as much or as little, so the rest of your day is comfortable and you keep the practice going.

Edited by - woosa on Jan 12 2011 8:21:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2011 :  04:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by erik89

A litle update.

Now I feel much better and the energy has seatled. I feel like my life is going great :)

I have one qustion for you guys. When things go great I have peace, but nothing pleases me. All just feels OK (a feeling of a bit impatient, like "what is the next thing I can do to fulfill me" when there is nothing nessesery to add to my life, and I know adding something will certainly don't make me "more fulfilled").

I feel like this is the stage wich is stopping me to get complete liberation and enlightenment. At this stage there usually takes a couple of days before I loos motivation to continue what I am doing. Any ideas on how to get trough this pattern?

Thanks!

Love

Dear friend

If you feel Okay that's great, best advice would be practice daily and good things will come.

If the hunger is too much, best not to add on too much practices too soon or else you would experience too much overloading symptoms.

On the other hand, a little inquiry or satsang with sages every now and then would be a good thing. But not too much of that also.

Check out the main lessons, on relational and non relational Self inquiry and the way to inquire as taught by Yogani (which is pretty much the same as taught by Sri Ramana Maharshi.)

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  10:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for answers Woosa and Ananda. It is appriciated! :)

A cool/strange/a bit scary thing just happened to me now.

But first the last days I've been waching emotions comming up and stayed pressent with them. As some bad feelings has gone away new has comed up. I can feel alot of stuff pysically and mentaly has been released. I also felt very much at peace in situations that I usually have not.

Anyway what happened, was that I didn't feel like doing anything than lie in my bed and listen to eckhart tolle. I fell asleep pretty concius, but lost it in a dream about me talking with my little brother. He told me, "It is so nice talking to u right here, we have never talked like this before" I sayd somethink like "Yes, I have never seen u so clearly" Then I felt my body and loked at my hands and I was thinking "right here"? and I got a strange feeling before I and everything disolved and I was sucked in somewhere. I understud that I was dreaming and I was now aware of being in my bed (still asleep), but I could not move and I felt the energy between the first chakra and the third eye very strong. my mind was just bombarded with collors no controll there. I got scared but desided to just be sillent in all the caos. I think it was to wierd for me to fully recall, but my breath was going fast and I was kinda thinking "oh no" but I was to drawn to stay with the experience. I tried to do some pranayama and it got stronger so I stoped that. How it felt I can't explain it was no pain only a little pressure. Then after, I have no idea about how long it lasted, I "woke up".

Is this a sign that my kundalini is about to be redy to arise or have it started?

If kundalini arises, how do you deal with it and how is the prossess?

Love[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Erik

I think you should read the main lessons thoroughly, you'll find a lot of answers for your questions regarding kundalini and much beyond. A peace of advise is that if you're going to stay too centered on kundalini and the experiences which come from it (The scenery) including dream scenery; Then that's a recipe for a rough path. Best to just practice (2x a day) and let go and let God. Just take it easy

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okey, thanks I will

Love
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2011 :  3:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

The best on your path.
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2011 :  02:24:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  03:47:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi...i signed up recently
now i understand the symptoms i was getting..especially the heavy emotional states , the unsual headaches, heat sensations in the body plus sweating ....lol...
i started spinal breathing and deep meditation 2 days ago and i am feeling the following :
-headaches (it is more pressure on the skull...not a big issue)..the headaches continue sometimes during the day
-feeling hot and sweaty on and off
-sexual arousal on and off during the day
-numbness,pain in the right side if the chest,goose bumps, occasional shivers,feeling a big energy in me.....those are only during the practice
nothing too disturbing....but i wanted to share...
thank you
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  06:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Maha, could you please display all the practices you are currently doing.

Keep in mind that AYPs' deep meditation and spinal breathing are very powerful practices. You might be experiencing too much of a good thing, thus shortening the time of practices would be great for you.

On the other hand mixing AYP with other practices is not such a great idea.

Please check lesson 69 to learn more about self pacing...

I know that you teach Sivananda Yoga, so in case AYP was the reason why all these symptoms started to appear; Then the safest bet is to take on either AYP or Sivananda. Better not mix up things a lot, or you can fit pieces together from both systems. Either ways it's up for you to decide what is best for you and how to fit the pieces together.

Please keep us updated.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  07:10:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Ananda
i practice sivananda hatha yoga asanas plus 2 pranayamas(kapalabathi and analoma veloma) and repeat my sivananda mantra during meditation
i stopped the breathing and the sivananda mantra....i kept asanas
before starting AYP i was feeling the following:
-headaches (it is more pressure on the skull...not a big issue)
when i did AYP i felt:
numbness,pain in the right side if the chest,goose bumps, occasional shivers,feeling a big energy in me.....those are only during the practice.
but as i said nothing too strong....on the contrary i feel i am at ease....very smooth....
i will not use sivananda mantra and i will stop the other types of pranayama
will keep the asanas.
thank u
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  08:34:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Update:

Yesterday before I fell asleep, I could feel som heat in the base of my spine wich was different from the energy I usually feel there. I also got headpressure, so I did pranayama to smooth it out. It worked.

Then I started to feel something trying to pull the energy upwards. I felt the energy in my stomac after a litle while. It also moved to my right hip, been alot of tension there, and I felt it loosening up.

This pulling energy was soon covering my whole rigth side. and moved quickly (30 sec) trough the left side of my chest. releasing something there. At the whole time I felt my third eye very strong.

I also felt a new form of energy. I have experienced bliss and that my body has been expanding, but this was more like tiny pearls of energy. Entering my body trough the base of my spine (closer to my ass actually :P)

I think it lasted for an houer of so. Afterwords I just laied in bliss and fell asleep.

Just wanted to share :)

Love
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  10:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

Hello Ananda
i practice sivananda hatha yoga asanas plus 2 pranayamas(kapalabathi and analoma veloma) and repeat my sivananda mantra during meditation
i stopped the breathing and the sivananda mantra....i kept asanas
before starting AYP i was feeling the following:
-headaches (it is more pressure on the skull...not a big issue)
when i did AYP i felt:
numbness,pain in the right side if the chest,goose bumps, occasional shivers,feeling a big energy in me.....those are only during the practice.
but as i said nothing too strong....on the contrary i feel i am at ease....very smooth....
i will not use sivananda mantra and i will stop the other types of pranayama
will keep the asanas.
thank u

All in all, everything seems good

Just take things lightly, I suggest you also take a look at AYP's stance on Asanas. Please check the following link:
http://www.aypsite.org/71.html

But if I may suggest again, when you have a yoga class to teach don't practice AYP before or after.

In case there is an increase in symptoms, then it's suggested to decrease the time of AYP practices. For example, instead of doing 20 mins of Dm we do 15.

I wish you all the best on your path.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2011 :  10:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for writing and sharing dear Erik

May I suggest that the next time you encounter such energetic symptoms as this:
quote:
Originally posted by erik89

Yesterday before I fell asleep, I could feel som heat in the base of my spine wich was different from the energy I usually feel there. I also got headpressure, so I did pranayama to smooth it out. It worked.

Go out and run or walk or do anything physical, or eat something heavy. Doing practices outside our daily sessions will overload things big time. Trying to control the energy also works the exact opposite way. Just let go of it and let it do what it wants, in case the experience becomes too heavy then it's a sign for you to self pace and go out and be active...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2011 :  02:19:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank u dear Ananda for your reply
wish too the very best on ur path
tc
maheswari
Go to Top of Page

erik89

Norway
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2011 :  06:29:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit erik89's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I strech out my shoulders and back I feel an intense heat in my legs and stomac. My legs also feels week. One time I felt intense heat in my perineum after streching.

Could this be energy blocks or is it just my spinal nerve wich react to the streching wich my physioterapist sugest?

btw I'm very glad I found this forum. You have helped me feeling Alot better! :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000