Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Please help by giving your input on K!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skater1287

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2011 :  12:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For the past couple of months, I've had K rising for the first time.
A longer time ago, I disciplined myself with abstinence/meditation and then K energy started surging within a couple of months of that practice. It was not my intention to wake it up since I had never known or heard about this phenomenon. I just followed my instincts and then did my research after K woke up and I was surprised at what I found!

Fortunately, the symptoms thus far have only been: ecstasy, bliss, and increased awareness; I haven't experienced intense heat, hallucinations, pain or other anomalies that are too harmful. The negative things that I've noticed however, are increased sensitivity, sensations on my head/crown, lack of grounding, mood swings in which I seek solitude to work through my lows (K usually helps with the lows somehow) hence I'm more isolated and my left eye-lid twitches randomly which may or may not be relevant.

During this transition, my crown has definitely gone through changes and the anjna/crown points are just one. I've also noticed that the right side of my crown and body experience the surge of K more while the left side tends to be more dormant. Twice it was intense on both side and felt as if I was being spin around and sucked up through the top- after which I experienced nothing. I can also control whether this energy rises or not, by choosing to surrender or not if the time is not good. But the crown sensation sticks around.
Overall I'm not really afraid of these experiences or that K is rising, just that I'd like to know more about them from the community here and what can be done to manage the crown sensations or work through them.

At the moment, my daily practices are only asanas in the morning. I'm working towards standing poses to try and ground myself more because the extra weight/bloating on my crown leaves me with fatigue which makes it uneasy to do work.

Thank you!

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 6:24:24 PM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  02:15:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Skater

Good to have you on board and thank you for writing and sharing. Always an honor to be in the presence of such an awakening.

Okay now that the awakening has happened, do we keep on forcing our way ahead or take things easily?

You'll find the answer to this question in lesson 69
Lesson 69 - Q&A Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies
http://www.aypsite.org/69.html

I Don't want to alarm you because you can heal this whole thing easily if you follow the instructions in lesson 69. But don't be fooled with the bliss and ecstasy, it's obvious that you are experiencing symptoms of overloading (mood swings, lack of grounding...) and energy imbalance between the right and left sides (left eye lid twitches...)

Let's put stable on the table first, then we can enjoy all the bliss and ecstasy we want safely at our own pace and without going through any overloading symptoms.

You are also experiencing a premature crown chakra opening, which is going to turn the overloading symptoms into one very serious matter in case you keep on playing around that area. So let go of that while outside of practices. When it happens just go and be physical (Run, walk, go to the gym...)

And when you practice, keep your concentration in the area between the root and the ajna.

Lesson 69 has all the knowledge you need to get back to stability.

The best way to deal with the whole thing is to simply sit and Do 5 minutes of spinal breathing and 20 minutes of deep meditation twice in the morning and the evening. That will do you a lot of good in a very short time. I suggest dropping the other practices you're doing until things settle down but that remains up to you of course and it should be noted that combining AYP with other practices has unpredictable outcomes.

I wish you all the best on your path, in case you have any other questions please share them with us.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

skater1287

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  1:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much for replying Ananda!
I plan on staying away from that area now since its clear that its bad.
For a little while I was surprised with the whole ecstasy thing and thought it was progress but I felt fatigue after those episodes, so I had to ask before continuing.

I really wish I had found AYP long ago so I could have followed a better method, but I will just start over and begin anew from here. I'm dropping all things spiritual for at least a couple of weeks and letting things stabilize; I will still do asana in the morning because I really love them (standing poses) and then work towards the basic lessons here on AYP.

It's too bad, because I had really experienced something wonderful on a higher plane for a little while that helped me gain a lot of perspective. For a moment I had noticed that all suffering was relative and that life is so pure and not even death could distract the beauty of it with its relativity.

But if that is prematurity, then I will walk away and start over again. I'm just happy to have been enlightened on a better method (Live and learn)! So thanks again Ananda for the feedback, I will definitely be stable!

Edited by - skater1287 on Feb 05 2011 1:32:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  2:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Skater,

concerning practices I suggest you take on deep meditation and spinal breathing starting from now. This way you can balance all the energies inside your body in no time and still enjoy the ecstasy and bliss you have but without all the fanfare and without overloading. Just light, safe and easy.

I think you should read lesson 69 again and again and let it digest. It is the best first aid kit out there for people like me and you. In it asanas are also considered as a tool for self pacing but they should be taken lightly and incorporated into our daily session just before spinal breathing and deep meditation.

Please check this lesson on asanas:
http://www.aypsite.org/71.html

And don't worry nothing is lost, we are where we should be. If you want to look at things from a higher perspective I suggest introducing a little Self inquiry every now and then.

Read books on saints like Sri Ramana Maharshi and his disciples. A great book to read that stroke so many chords within me is the book Awareness by father Anthony De Mello.

I also suggest reading for Adyashanti, Francis Lucille and Jean Klein. And since you live in the U.S. why not visit Adyashanti and Francis who are practically behind your backyard. I personally wish I could...

Much love to you dear brother, you are a kind soul and it's good to have you here.

Best wishes,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

skater1287

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  4:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will definitely keep those books in mind Ananda, thanks for sharing them! Spinal breathing and deep meditation are also my priority to balance the energy. And as of right now I am just stabilizing by being extra lazy and inching slowly towards these new practices after understanding them, while letting go of some old ones.
I'm also changing my diet/lifestyle (things which I had missed before because I didn't know of overload) so I can start again with a better foundation this time.
Hence the one thing that I want to share with any new readers who share similar experiences, is that caffeine or any other stimulant is dangerous when it comes to overload from Kundalini or premature crowning! It's adding gasoline to the fire- even tiny amounts, so avoid it under these conditions because it doesn't help at all and only leads to more pain.

That being the case, we are exactly where we should be and I'm happy to be exactly where I am . I might not stay too long, but I do enjoy the trip and the secret is to cultivate stillness along with better health, not passion or pleasure.
Thanks again for your reply Ananda, I'll keep in touch

Edited by - skater1287 on Feb 05 2011 4:19:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2011 :  4:27:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to AYP Skater!

I think Ananda has given very good input

Just add spinal breathing and deep meditation and dont put your concentration on cromc chakra as premature opening would be dangerous.
While doing DP I would duggest you concentrate on solar plex instead of anja chakra(never on crown unless you are with a Guru who could handle such stuffs).

Great to have such an awakened soul..Namaste!

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2011 :  03:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Vijikr,

I really don't know if it's such a good idea to take on the solar center so early. It might lead to overload instead of grounding.

It has proved efficient in taking away the concentration from the crown, but also it has proved to be a very powerful practice which needs to be approached in it's own right timing.

Dear Skater,

what I gave before is more than enough to self pace. Attention on the crown or any other point in the body should be let go of. It will all lead to overload in our case. Just stay between the root and ajna during spinal breathing. Outside of that just let go of the spiritual and enjoy your normal daily activity. If spiritual experiences happen during the day, just enjoy them but don't get too caught up on them.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  09:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can keep doing those yoga postures in the morning. Northing wrong with that either.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000