New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

sunrise

Germany
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  12:32:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit sunrise's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Max,
I made similar work experiences in the past, got quite some burnout and lost my job after my boss told permanently lies to the director and other bullying stuff. My career hasn't recovered so far, and I know your feelings of being lost, misunderstand and hurt very well.
My wife, my friends and my family showed compassion, but after a while they all said the same like "come on, get over it, look to the future". Spiritual frineds gave me good-intended lectures about fate and karma that were not helpful at all.
What finally helped were regular meetings with a fine professional psychotherapist. It took time find the right one. This is what I would highly recommend you to do: don't wait any longer, look for professional help. Don't look for any esoteric reasons why this has happened to you (e.g. karma, secret laws of universe etc.), because it may make one feel worse than better to believe it. Work problems mainly happen due to bad luck with colleagues and bosses.
I probably will never forget what has been done to me, and occupies my mind still quite often, but it is more and more a "neutral" memory, with less pain in it. Meditation will help you a lot if you take it easy, see it as a way to "pamper" yourself with relaxation.
there is also a psycho hygienic side in deep meditation, traumas may dissolve, sometimes accompagnied with lots of tears, but it makes one feel much better and stronger afterwards. Like a big cleansing. But as first way I really recommend you start looking for a good psychotherapist. I wish you all the best!
sunrise
Go to Top of Page

maynard

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2011 :  5:05:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit maynard's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Max, I am sorry to hear about your situation. I dont know if it was suggested or not, but have you considered taking a martial arts class. Not so you can go and beat the crap out of the people involved, but martial arts can teach you a lot of great vaules about life and in turn yourself. SUch as dicipline, humility, respect, and most importantly self respect.

It soudns like these ass holes took the wind out of your sales and robbed you of your own self respect. I would suggest, boxing, or mixed martial arts or something.

Also consider each time you exercise you will leave feeling really good, the natural high, its your endorphins.

Meditation will also help, however its likley to bring to the surface the experiences in which you are tyring to forget, but in time you will gain a new peyrspective on life the more you meditate and see through those experiences and then let them fall away once and for all. If you have considered suicide i recomend seeing a therapist until you gain some stability.

I know how it feels to feel suicidal, i was a heroin addict and suffered a lot of shame and regret, and meditation, exercise, martial arts specifically helped tremendously. I love my life now and feel il am really on the right path. All my sh*tty experiences actually helped me grow as a human and shaped who i am today.

I know folks probably told you, but people who harass or gang up on someone are the scum of the world. They are followers, and probably feel worse about themseves then you, which is their motive. Eventually i predict you will come to pitty people so miserable, rather than resent them. That is my wish anyways and i know its a possibility. You didnt cometo this site by accident, there are tons of great souls in this forum, take as much in as you can and keep meditating.

Again, i am truly sorry to hear about the bullying. If you need anything, or want to talk or something, contact me on the forum. God bless.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000