New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  2:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

In the meditation groups, transpersonal groups and reiki groups,spiritual forums for example we share our energies alltogether,theres an exchange of energies between the members of the groups that has its own effects in each person.

Cant this be dangerous the be openly exposed to this free exchange of energies (specially in presential groups)?
Is possible to absorv other people energies (negative energies) in this kind of events?
Is it possible to protect my self from this external energies?
For example i join a gestalt-transpersonal group with 9 more persons once a week and im worried about the effects of other people energies in my own self.

Lately i feel my self tired and bad health...

thanks.

miguel.

swaha

Lebanon
88 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  2:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Miguel
meditation makes us much more sensitive..and "expanded"
we are certainly more perceptive of the surroundings energies..
so it is important to know how to create a protective aura and cleanse it after sharing our energy with others..
i'd like to share this simple technique:

Do one thing every night before you go to sleep, just sit in the bed and imagine an aura around your body, just six inches away from your body, the same shape as the body, surrounding you, protecting you. It will become a shield.
Just do it for four, five minutes, and then, still feeling it, go to sleep.
Fall into sleep imagining that aura like a blanket around you which protects you so that no tension can enter from the outside, no thought can enter from the outside, no outside vibrations can enter you. Just feeling that aura, fall asleep.
This has to be done the last thing at night.

After it, simply go to sleep so the feeling continues in your unconscious. That is the whole thing. The whole mechanism is that you start by consciously imagining, then you start falling asleep. By and by when you are on the threshold of sleep, a little imagination continues, lingers on You fall asleep but that little imagination enters the unconscious.
That becomes a tremendous force and energy.

love

Edited by - swaha on Oct 18 2010 2:15:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  2:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would be careful with that for sure.

I tend to absorb people's energies on the daily, even if i'm only engaged in conversation for a few minutes.

I can't imagine participating in a group meditation...

I suppose it depends on how sensitive you are!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  3:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel:

There is a big difference between a gathering where people come to unload their "stuff" externally, versus a gathering where group meditation is occurring using an effective technique for bringing everyone to inner silence. In the second case, "stuff" (karmic baggage) is dissolved mostly internally, and not spread around very much externally.

In the first kind of group, you may well bring someone else's baggage home with you. In the second kind of group (with deep meditation), everyone will more likely bring home less baggage, including less of their own!

Clearly, all groups are not equal in their effects, and it is up to each of us to decide which kind of group is best for our spiritual development.

It is a mistake to categorize all "spiritual" groups under the same heading energetically. Legitimate meditation groups (and retreats) can be very quick in dissolving the very concern you are raising. This is the predominant experience of many who attend real meditation groups and retreats.

Of course, any group or practice that over-stimulates a sensitivity we might have should be "self-paced" as necessary. But let's not throw out the baby with the bathwater.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  4:11:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great point not to throw the baby out too, Yogani.

But in regard to what you've said about people "unloading" on others:

I often find that people that i meet as acquantinces, that is people that i don't really go beyond pleasantries and minor conversation with, will often try to unload emotional stuff on me.

I try my best to keep defenses up.

Is there any practice you can prescribe to help me fend off this unloading? Or is it enough to simply "not buy into it"?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  4:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

Is there any practice you can prescribe to help me fend off this unloading? Or is it enough to simply "not buy into it"?

Hi tonightsthenight:

Twice daily deep meditation.

Abiding inner silence is the best defense for all kinds of mishaps, and it is permanent. It is realizing our essential nature. Mental strategies, psychic structures and shields are temporary, and don't work very well anyway. They will dissolve in abiding inner silence also, along with all the garbage that is stuck to them.

Much better to go immediately beyond all structures to what is real. The unreal cannot harm us when we have become stillness in action.

Until then, we may have little choice but to use less effective strategies, or walk away from unloading. These are reasonable measures, until we have transitioned to a more permanent resilience in stillness, and have much more freedom to be in any environment. At the same time, we will get much better at recognizing the energetic pitfalls in life, and automatically neutralize their negative effects before they can manifest. This occurs in stillness also.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  6:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose you're right.

I've noticed that continued inner silence make's one impervious to others' thoughts, intentions or reactions.

It's interesting, however, that the the times when people are aggressive toward you (emotionally, energetically or physically) are also those times when it's most difficult to keep up the inner silence!

I'll just keep trucking along then
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  6:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Got it!

Essentially, when people become aggressive emotionally, energetically or physically, they are laying a trap with bait for you to take.

The key is then to maintain Silence, because taking the bait means coming out of Silence.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  7:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, but it doesn't need to be difficult or worrysome. No need to feel you have to "keep up a strong barrier" or anything. You can just learn to hold the world at arm's length knowing that your strength doesn't come from the world.
And try to just watch things without getting involved.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True, Etherfish.

However, I find this to be very difficult indeed.

In fact, it wasn't until recently that I was able to maintain inner Silence in the face of attack.

Sure, vexatious people blah blah blah, it's all fine. But when confronted with attack directly, it's always been difficult for me to maintain.

Two parts to this: 1) i am about as sensitive as a person can get, 2) Life ordained a get tough or go home regimen.

It seems to have worked
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  8:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I am extremely sensitive too. Somebody could accuse me of something that has absolutely no basis in fact, and I'll feel guilty anyway. And then the false feeling is something to fully experience, but at the same time just watch. . .no need to deny or stop anything, just watch it and try not to be afraid or run away. If you have this attitude that whatever happens is going to happen, it can be quieting.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  9:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that's a great description Ether,

I've found just that. I've made a lot of progress, and i think people that i've met in the last couple years would be really surprised to hear that i'm really sensitive.

The only place where it's still an issue is with some really core, hard to define stuff from childhood.

Only thing to be done about it is a bit more purification i suppose
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  10:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah me too. Twice daily meditation and sbp helps.
I had stored emotions. I practiced backbends (bridges) and the emotions came out faster. I'm taking flexibility/contortion class now, and they're still coming out after months. Hard to take sometimes, but I want them out! Makes me feel more free and aware. But everyone is different. I haven't seen much like that in other people.
People cry on the yoga mat, but with me it's almost a year now, coming out the next day. I have a lot stored.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  11:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's interesting Ether, because I have that too big time, and i just figured that was what everyone with K had???

Is that incorrect???

Interesting. For you it's been a year.

For me? Eight years so far. Yep, eight, and it's still coming out.

Are you spontaneous K?

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2010 :  11:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You mean you have emotions coming out?
I don't think i have much K.
Just weird vibrations from time to time.
I have asked before and nobody else seems to have the emotions coming out for really long times. But it could be just semantics, or that everyone's different!

How do I know it has anything to do with meditation or backbends?
Because it is always the following day after heavy stretching. If I don't stretch it doesn't happen. If I stretch intensely, a lot more come out the next day.
It was always anger at first.
Then when I started the contortion class a few weeks ago, there are other emotions; guilt, sorrow, etc. for no reason at all.

Edited by - Etherfish on Oct 18 2010 11:36:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  03:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, lot of answers and an interesting discussion here haha!
I need some time to digest the information...but thanks in advance
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  1:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hehehe Miguel, it looks like your threads been hijacked a bit... sorry about that!

Ether, I am not sure here. Maybe there is confusion with the semantics, as you say.

For me, there's like emotional energy or stagnant-emotion filled prana all stuck in my body's soft tissues. For the most part, i've processed all that stuff, with the remainder being a few really hard-to-reach core muscles. Processing it is purification. That crap all comes out, sometimes for days at a time, you're just chilling there because so much stuff is coming out. I don't even know where it comes from, it's not like I've had many years of accruing karma!?!?!? unfathomable.

So essentially, when the body is in near perfect alignment, there exists a concomitant near perfect enlightenment.

Anyway, i thought this was the way it always was with K? That people all have this stuff going on, and those who have K or those that seek purification, all purify in this way.

Hence asanas!

Is this the same thing you mean? I take it to mean you have only being doing the chest/shoulder opening asanas for one year or so?

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2010 :  10:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, that's the same thing I was talking about.
I've done meditation for years, which brings it out more slowly and peacefully. But radical stretches for a year brings it out much faster and sometimes emotionally uncomfortable for me. But I love the stretching.

I am doing it mostly to improve my dance, but it has all kinds of great side effects; releasing stored emotions; better blood and chi flow.
It's not for everybody, but it's really good for me!
I don't do asanas, they are flexibility and contortion stretches taught by a circus trainer, but i imagine it's the same effect for some people.

Edited by - Etherfish on Oct 19 2010 10:48:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  12:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting.

Yeah, asanas for me are a necessity.
I had never had an interest in asanas until the day i got the baptism but with spontaneous K there are no choices!

So you are saying that other people do not experience this??????

I mean, i am just totally intrigued here because I have been living with this extreme purification for years, as well as living a life with no choices, and maybe other people with K do not have this?????

Craaazy, i need to find out more about this.

Thanks for sharing Ether
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  8:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I started a thread about the backbends bringing out emotions here

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6398

People weren't experiencing the same thing, but Shanti said it is common.

In lesson 208, Yogani talks about emotions being brought out as a result of "friction"
created by energy flow, which hints that it may not be stored emotions like I suspect:

"
Strong emotions can come when inner energy collides or is having
excessive friction with obstructions in the nervous system.
Interestingly, ecstatic experience is created in the same way. It is
just a matter of degree of energy flow and getting the inner dynamics
of purification in the right order.

This is obviously not a static situation. If we increase energy flow
without sufficient removal of obstructions first, there can be
unpleasant collisions and friction. If we are releasing obstructions
too fast, then our ordinary inner energy flow can run into the
loosened and lingering obstructions, causing irritability."

Emotions are listed in the yoga FAQ.
There have been a lot of people bringing up the subject of emotions, but just not long term, and directly following stretches like me. But that is not surprising, if there is one subject you can find repeated a lot, it is people experiencing something different than everyone else!!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2010 :  9:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that's interesting to say the least.

There are many points where i don't really agree with AYP... but a lot of times i think that is to keep the simplicity of AYP (which is it's best feature).

My experience has that I have stored these emotions, and I am releasing them. As purification of the body takes place through stretching and working out scar tissue, memories and concomitant emotions resurface.

Well, like you said, everybody's experience is pretty unique.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  10:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok,thank you very much for the answers.
Will continue favouring inner silence expansion in all aspects of my life.

Miguel.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2010 :  7:19:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Miguel, sorry to change the subject!

tonightsthenight:
That is my experience too, and Yogani doesn't say it isn't stored as far as I know.
You are right that the AYP way simplifies things, and he does say there are obstructions, obviously something that has to be eliminated. So I think it is likely stored emotions are an obstruction.
I have lots of reasons for thinking mine are stored emotions, but it is likely there are other types of obstructions too.

Edited by - Etherfish on Oct 21 2010 7:20:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  4:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Often, the heart is on/open, then the outpouring keeps others' baggage away.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2010 :  4:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
True Buddhi, i have noticed the same thing.

But as an ultra (and i mean ultra) sensitive person, others' emotions are always plain as day for me... always had been.

It was pretty difficult going after my awakening when all of a sudden other peoples emotions were literally knocking me over. Strange that emotions can actually physically move you.

Nowadays its only that people can take me out of the rhythm of silence and unity. Happens everyday, but i'm working on it it!
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  5:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
tonight:- Amongst many other things, I have used deep astrology to map patterns of being - which is what it's really all about anyway.

If you wish, I could look at your birth chart and give you some feedback on how your sensitivity is structured within the total personality, and perhaps some suggestions on how you could work with it to ameliorate the more difficult aspects.

I'd need your birth date & time, and place, or a copy of your chart, should you have already had it done. Retelling any specific experiences would make it much easier too.

As to emotions, I too have experienced them being stored and released, as mentioned elsewhere. One can repeatedly bring them out if one wishes, but that's not always the same as purifying them - ie: as in catharsis, or in indulgence.

Namaste

Edited by - BuddhiHermit on Oct 24 2010 6:04:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000