Negative energies.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  6:34:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow, that would be really cool, buddhihermit!

i've never really checked out any of the zodiacal stuff other than i know i'm a sagitarrius.

regarding the releasing of emotions, i've never found that i could re-experience them as in an indulgence (and i don't think i'd want to!)... once they're out they're out!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2010 :  8:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mmm...i did my natal chart one month ago with a astrologist and its very useful information.Yes.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  12:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I think it is pretty much all catharsis, not indulgence. You don't bring out the same emotion more than once.
There is not much to indulge in; you are not taken back to the original cause, there is only pure emotion.

There is some danger if you don't know there are emotions coming out.
A couple times I have thought "I've been angry a lot lately; maybe I'm getting in a bad habit".
But no, the way to get rid of them is to fully experience them. Not by acting angry in front of other people necessarily, but just feeling what the feeling is.

How do I know i am getting rid of the emotions and not just repeating some behavior? Because there is a slow but steady improvement in my flexibility.
Different people store emotions in different places. The shoulders and chest is quite common and that's where i store most of mine. I've had particular difficulty doing a bridge (backbend)where I can't straighten my arms over my head. The more I press into the bridge using a technique taught by my expert circus contortion trainer, the more emotions come out, and the closer i get to a good bridge!
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  01:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, it's kind of funny when you're all in a bad mood and thinking stuff like, "why should i even continue living? life is so terrible and i can't believe i've put up with it for so long"

and then you realize, it's just crap coming out of the muscles and fasciae, and you're back to normal in a couple hours!

i find i don't even need to really fully experience the emotion coming out, i just need to ride it out while they're expelled... i'll "feel" them to some extent and they affect my mood and everything, but i don't really feel that hot emotion that you get with the originals... it's almost like they are not the real emotions but facscimiles
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  08:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You need to fully feel all the physical aspects of them to completely get rid of them. They might not feel as "hot" because the mental cause is not there feeding them.
Some people make the mistake of searching for something to be angry about, if it is anger they are bringing out.
That's very bad, because it feeds it, bringing back that "hot" feeling of the original.

If you fully put your attention on the physical feeling it gets rid of it faster, and makes sure it's all out. Find where the feeling is in your body, what the size is, shape, color, texture, smell, sound. it will change as you look at it.

I try not to look at people when it happens because they don't need to be involved. I know what it feels like to have someone looking at me when they're angry and it has nothing to do with me.
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  6:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok @tonight, the chart is winging it's way across to you.

Hope it provides helpful insight. As I mentioned, there's plenty of generic stuff in it, but I did get a really clear picture of how your sensitivity is structured. I just hope I was able to communicate it well enough to be useful.

The main thing was a common occurrence amongst people attracted to spiritual practices - boundary-lessness.
As we dissolve self-identity, we lose sight of personal boundaries - physical and mental. This causes us to mistake thoughts, feelings, desires, hopes, obligations .... etc etc belonging to others, as our own, and we mistakenly respond to them as if they were a part of our process.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000