New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  4:45:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoga means union, two into one. Nondual means never two. Nonduality is not a yoga. It is directly perceived by the mind.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  5:32:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adamant,

quote:
Yoga means union, two into one. Nondual means never two. Nonduality is not a yoga. It is directly perceived by the mind.

The dual come together as oneness, advaita, and this is Yoga. The union of the separated in divine ecstasy.

Ironically, it is often those who talk the most about non-duality, who go around trying to create the most division. I wonder if Yogani was right, that sometimes when people talk about non-duality, it is really duality in disguise?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  6:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that is often the case.
Words are based on duality. They can be used to hint at non-duality, but that's all. The more you try to talk non-dual the less meaning it has because of the nature of words.
People end up saying "that" without being able to define what 'that' refers to, "all that is", the "oneness of everything" etc. The part of your mind that reads doesn't really relate to these concepts.
I think it is relational, to use Yogani's term.
Once you have reached some stillness by practices that can be defined, you may understand those concepts. But that kinda leaves the teaching of non-duality as a stand-alone impossible.
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  6:07:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nonduality is the indivisibility of space and awareness.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  6:11:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Adamant,

quote:

The dual come together as oneness, advaita, and this is Yoga. The union of the separated in divine ecstasy.

Ironically, it is often those who talk the most about non-duality, who go around trying to create the most division. I wonder if Yogani was right, that sometimes when people talk about non-duality, it is really duality in disguise?

Christi

I'm not criticizing you or your views. I don't jab and

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  7:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adamant,

quote:

I'm not criticizing you or your views. I don't jab and

I wasn't criticizing you or your views either; everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I was simply offering a different perspective on the nature of oneness in Yoga and a general observation about Advaita teaching.

In general, I have noticed that people, who teach about oneness, often try to exclude Yoga from their oneness, which is something that I find quite amusing. Hence the smiley face.

Your post reminded me of that. Nothing personal.

Oneness includes everything: The stars, the moon, the river, the Cosmos, the evolution of all of nature towards the Divine, the apparent separation from God, the sadhana, Union, ecstatic bliss, form, the formless, enstacy, love, Purusha, Prakriti.

All of this is God and there is nothing that is not God. Yoga is God melting into God. Love drawing itself to itself. We are That, and knowing that is rapture beyond anything the mind could imagine.

Why create division, when the reward of non-division is so great?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  7:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it wouldn't be the Tao.
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  7:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Oneness includes everything: The stars, the moon, the river, the Cosmos, the evolution of all of nature towards the Divine, the apparent separation from God, the sadhana, Union, ecstatic bliss, form, the formless, enstacy, love, Purusha, Prakriti.

All of this is God and there is nothing that is not God. Yoga is God melting into God. Love drawing itself to itself. We are That, and knowing that is rapture beyond anything the mind could imagine.

Why create division, when the reward of non-division is so great?

The key point of nonduality is already perfected, nothing to achieve. It's not an opinion, the space of awareness is all there is. Pretty basic.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  7:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adamant,

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When a superior man hears of the Tao,
he immediately begins to embody it.
When an average man hears of the Tao,
he half believes it, half doubts it.
When a foolish man hears of the Tao,
he laughs out loud.
If he didn't laugh,
it wouldn't be the Tao.

Now you know why I'm always laughing. My secret's out.

"It is an ecstatic spiral that pulls us out of our limited earth perception. Everything will look different, first just a little, and later on, a lot different. So if you are not wanting to become divinely inspired, divinely addicted, better stay away. Because the best means are here. If you set your heart and mind to it, you can do it. Honest. And then nothing will ever be the same. You will laugh and laugh when you see how it really is." [Yogani]

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  7:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

"It is an ecstatic spiral that pulls us out of our limited earth perception. Everything will look different, first just a little, and later on, a lot different. So if you are not wanting to become divinely inspired, divinely addicted, better stay away. Because the best means are here. If you set your heart and mind to it, you can do it. Honest. And then nothing will ever be the same. You will laugh and laugh when you see how it really is." [Yogani]

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

All the best,

Christi

Then, when you see how it is, you say, "Is that it?" And effortlessly let be.

Adamant

P.S. The Earth perspective is quite wonderful. Longing for something better is like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Edited by - adamantclearlight on Dec 08 2009 8:07:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  07:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Adamant,

quote:
Then, when you see how it is, you say, "Is that it?" And effortlessly let be.

quote:
P.S. The Earth perspective is quite wonderful. Longing for something better is like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I think it says "limited earth perception", not "Earth perspective". And yes, the Earth perspective is quite wonderful, and becomes increasingly so, as sensory perception refines through spiritual practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000