New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
While some women claim to have the elusive "G-spot", others don't. Scientists have always disputed it's existence. Italian researchers have found not only anatomical differences in those who have it, but also chemical differences accoording to this article.

"The erogenous zone DOES exist - but only in some women.

Italian researchers say that ultrasound scans reveal anatomical differences between those who claim to have a G-spot and those who don't. . . ."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/G-...ot_For_Women

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  6:12:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
NICE!! Thanks Etherfish! I had always wondered about this. I have had both kinds of partners and had wondered what was different from one to the next....I didn't think my technique was changing...

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
carson, your wife might read this
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  7:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha...thanks for the heads up Neil. We actually managed to sort that all out now. We have a new level of honesty that I never thought was possible and she understands that I will and do write personal stuff on this forum. She also knows that since she is my wife, that much of that personal stuff will involve her in various ways. She also understands that this forum deals with tantric sex and that I talk about that here. It's all good.......now

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  9:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Ether & All,

Thanks for this; it's always good to bring discussion points, and information to the forum.

However, to say that this article is potentially misleading is an almost incalculable understatement.

As rationally-minded, scientifically-prejudiced "moderns" - we're very used to looking from the outside in, manifestation-wise.

We are biased toward interpreting the physical as the "most real" - when it is effectively solely the outer shell of consciousness.

How does this relate to the g-spot?

In the sense that every mystical/yogic tradition around the world -- even if it's kept *incredibly* secret (I'm thinking, for instance of Tantric Sufism in the Islamic world, or the "Tantric Judaism" of the Kabbalah -- sexuality and spirituality are not considered a "good fit" {pun fully intended } by any mainstream religion --- yet *every* mystical tradition teaches sexual practices, and teaches about sexual energy.

Why?

Because (as, again, every mystical tradition teaches) both men and women have powerful sexual energy centers in their bodies, and that working with this energy in various ways can be an important key to awakening.

My concern is that both men and women, but especially women, taking this article at face value, might assume that they're out of luck on various levels -- whether this is viewed in terms of sexuality only, or whether it is viewed in terms of yogic evolution and potential for subtle energy awakenings, etc.

And so, based on everything I know about yogic/tantric sexuality (which isn't necessarily a lot ("it's all relative ..." ) - I would say that every, or nearly every human, man or woman, has the capability to awaken and utilize powerful subtle energies, *regardless* of whether they "have a g-spot", or not.

It's much more a consciousness-thing than a fixed/physical thing.

It wasn't long ago at all (within the last decade or so) that the fixed/physical limits to neuronal connections in the brain have been proven utterly false - and the ability to self-evolve, via various brain-enhancing practices (ranging from physical exercise, to meditation and other yogic practices, to learning a new skill, to becoming psychologically healthier) - and literally change the *physical* brain -- add neuronal connections, enhance brain biochemistry, etc. - is scientific fact (being proven, replicably, in laboratories all over the world, daily).

I would *guess* that, just as we strengthen certain muscles, etc., via various exercises and practices, that a woman's sexual energy practices *may* have an effect on the physical thickness of the area in question (in a similar way the muscle growth, or skin thickness is facilitated in various ways -- the body adjusts to consciousness; consciousness is not limited by, or to, the {physical} body - or any other, for that matter.)

Even if that is *not* true, though, I personally know women (at *least* a half-dozen, without even trying to think about it) who were quite sure that their orgasmic potential was limited (heck, a lot of men think theirs is, too!) - and via opening, letting go, expaning their consciousness, becoming familiar with all aspects of their lives, inner and outer (i.e. thoughts, emotions, subtle energies, sexuality, sexual attitudes, utilizing breath, relaxation, and so on) ... they learned that their limitations in sexual pleasure and energetic opening were limitations of mind only -- and that their potential for awakening, for pleasure -- for *living* -- is far beyond what they could have dreamed, when dreaming limitation (and as true as this is for women -- it's even more true for men involved with tantra/yoga who I've known.)

I don't focus a lot on yogic sexuality for its own sake, these days -- nor even for the emotional or energetic benefits the practices offer (though they certainly can, and do) --- these are just the side-effect of the side-effect, if that.)

Essentially, Tantric practices, yogic sexual practices, are -- like all other practices -- part of the tool-set to help create a realization-rich environment in the body-mind .... which is, in my experience, effectively the essence of AYP.

In my opinion, it would be very unfortunate if any woman felt limited in her potential, due to becoming aware of this one study.

Tantrically, it's kind of like saying, "New study shows that people with smaller muscles are less strong than people with larger muscles."

Valid study ... but in a relatively short time, many of the "weaker people" could be stronger than the stronger people in the study.

Make sense?

I *don't* know if this analogy is true physically (i.e. that the g-spot can be physically enhanced by practices) -- but I do know that the analogy holds in terms of a woman's capacity to awakening to horizons of realization, consciousness, intimacy, connection, energy and ecstasy that are currently beyond her capacity *to* imagine, if she feels limits in any of those areas, currently.

And again -- even more true for men.

Believe me, I know.

And so - to both men and women -- yogis and yoginis -- please don't let yourself feel limited by the results of any study or information.

Or anything else.

Because you're not.

Enlightenment is real.

Enlightenment is all that's real.

And it is literally freedom beyond imagination.

C'Mon In -- The Divine Is FINE,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 19 2009 :  11:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Your posts are too long, Kirtanman, but i read part of them. The article is not meant to tell some women they are inferior to others. What it says is there are anatomical and chemical differences in different women.
These differences have no effect on the life force energy within the woman.
Some women just don't have th "G-spot".

However, if we're smart we should know that no news is final, and there is very likely more to the story.
It is quite likely that those who don't have the G-spot have some other advantage that may very well be better.
For Tantra is doesn't matter at all; I just thought it was interesting information.
It's not the same as muscle strength because there is an inherent anatomical difference.
Saying women with the G spot are superior would be analogous to saying Men are better than women because we're stronger and do better on intelligence tests designed by men.
There's a lot of evidence to support that theory, and lots of people fell for it for years!
It is just ignorance. It doesn't take away from the fact that most men are stronger than most women. It just makes the information less important.

Edited by - Etherfish on May 19 2009 11:53:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  11:00:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All....

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

It is quite likely that those who don't have the G-spot have some other advantage that may very well be better.

I read your whole post K-man...it was long though....Doesn't bother me.

Anyways, what Ether says in the quote above is true in my experience. The one partner I had who was unable to have G-spot orgasms could have clitoral orgasms in seconds. The partner I had who can have G-Spot orgasms is next to impossible to get to the point of clitoral orgasm. And it takes a long time to get to G-Spot as well meaning that there are times when she would not orgasm at all due to time constraints. I don't think that one is better then the other, I don't think that one is more appealing than the other, they are just different. No judgments. But I agree with the article. My experience is the same.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on May 20 2009 11:01:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  12:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
appreciate all the interesting contributions, and open information offered, here.thx.

i've got a soft spot for the tantra forum,& sex tantra,a special place ,partly what makes ayp so open and all-encompassing .one cannot leave out sexuality ,and so with that, frank open discussions about it. i have come to believe we really do need tantra, or the realm of sexual experience, to significantly evolve on the spiritual path-= this is based on my own experiences.rapid evolution is more possible when we transcend this desire,appreciate it etc.i do think it can make you wiser, see beyond instinct,make you more connected with the world etc etc

most folk have a great deal of hang-ups, neurosis and guilt over this whole subject,sex,- it is so refresshing and re-inforcing to see it discussed here. however i willl say you can please/love your partner with or without a amgic spot of one kind or another.

but like anything it takes gentle discipline and much love.

the elusive G-spot....
well thx for those lessons.i won't go into any specific ins and outs of this though.

love,
Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on May 20 2009 12:34:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  3:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

.i won't go into any specific ins and outs of this though.
love,
Akasha

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 20 2009 :  11:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Opinions vary.

http://www.newscientist.com/article...-g-spot.html

Excerpts:

"Others challenge the notion that the G spot is missing in women who don't experience orgasm. "It is an intriguing study, but it doesn't necessarily mean that women who don't experience orgasm don't have any tissue there," says Beverly Whipple at Rutger's University School of Nursing in Newark, New Jersey, whose team coined the term "G spot" in 1981.

Whipple's studies suggest that all women describe some degree of sensitivity in the area where the G spot should be. She says the next step is to ask women to stimulate themselves and then repeat the ultrasounds, as the area is believed to swell in response to physical pressure. This might reveal that all women have G spots.

Another possibility is that the women who experienced vaginal orgasms had learned to do so through practice, which has altered their anatomy, much like exercising a muscle makes it grow, says Leonore Tiefer, a psychiatrist at New York University School of Medicine. "The research would be much stronger if women without vaginal orgasm were taught how to have this experience and then repeated measurements were taken of the urethral-vaginal area," she says. "Of course this would involve teaching their partners a great deal." She would also have liked to see more extensive questioning of the women to fully understand their sexual practices."

Emphasis mine.

Pertinent to note:

Both of the scientists offering contrary opinions to the original study are women.

Thousands of years of sexual practice data from every wisdom tradition, in every area of the world, tends to agree with the scientists quoted in this post.

Just as we all cultivate changes in our consciousness, and therefore energies and activities with respect to spinal breathing and deep meditation ... so we do with sexual energies and capacities, and everything in life.

Peace, Awareness & Fun,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on May 20 2009 11:57:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  12:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Kirtanman,
I see where you got the analogy of building a muscle now.
But where do you get this?:

"Thousands of years of sexual practice data from every wisdom tradition, in every area of the world, tends to agree with the scientists quoted in this post."
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  12:43:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Other X-spots deep in vagina plus focussing too much on G-spot might be a trap:
http://www.umaatantra.com/tantra_ar..._092904.html

Albert
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  03:05:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

In the sense that every mystical/yogic tradition around the world -- even if it's kept *incredibly* secret (I'm thinking, for instance of Tantric Sufism in the Islamic world

brother Kirtanman, you may call it tantric suffism if you like but some muslims might misunderstand and...

it's called al noukah#1575;#1604;#1606;#1603;#1575;#1581; among muslims, and it's not esoteric or secret at all and it's all laid out in the open by the prophet Muhamad in one of his talks where he speaks about the whole sexual act.

i just don't remember which book of his talks it was mentioned in, if i encounter one of my friends later on today i'll ask him and share the name of the book with you if you are interested.

in case i forget plz send me a reminder for i have way too much stuff going on at once at the present time.

but i should mention that some suffi lineages tend to go far from mainstream Islam to the extent where i met on the net via a friend a suffi from a lineage which practices kechari mudra.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=3754#3754

love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  07:43:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

Other X-spots deep in vagina plus focussing too much on G-spot might be a trap:
http://www.umaatantra.com/tantra_ar..._092904.html

Albert

Thanks Albert, this is good.
It sounds like it may be true, since nature does tend to build diversity into humans. And also because we know that sexual energy is not confined to one spot.
----------------------------------

Ananda,
very interesting.
I had thought Islam was very restrictive of sexual practices from the little we hear in the news here, which is often biased.
Are the restrictions mainly outside marriage or with multiple partners?

Edited by - Etherfish on May 21 2009 07:46:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  1:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Ether, concerning the book i just asked my friend it's called "al tob al nabawi" which means the medical advises of the prophet and the sex advises are part of it.

concerning marriage it has to be under the islamic law, and a person can marry 4 wives and there are several kinds of marriages...

i haven't read the book i've mentioned yet, but it's not near the tantra we know it's smthg different like how to ejaculate and in what position\side and some of the restrictions in sex like prohibiting anal interaction... but as i've been told it's an interesting read (i might take a look at it this summer)

love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  1:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
was going to post this but i got disc.

sexual relations outside marriage are banned according to Islamic law, and there is a special kind of marriage which is very common for those who want to engage in a relation for the sake of sex which is named zawaj al mot3a and this kind of marriage would last for 3 days or two weeks depending on what was agreed upon.

i hope i am not crossing any lines by discussing religion here, in case i am i would like to be informed by the moderators.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  5:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"al tobb al nabawi" is a great book..
It includes interesting knowledge about the quality of food that is good for humanbeing, when and how to consume specific food in relation with spiritual matters..
Also many practical recommandations about the way of life in general.
I was also surprised to read about the recommandations concerning sexual matters. It explains in details what to do and what to avoid in order to reach purity and spirituality.

I won't add salt and pepper to the G-spot discussion just wana say that, to me, the whole body (and beyond) of a woman is made of nothing but G-spots! Let's go beyond spots shall we?!

(the G... is in Her)

Edited by - christiane on May 21 2009 6:03:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  10:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

In the sense that every mystical/yogic tradition around the world -- even if it's kept *incredibly* secret (I'm thinking, for instance of Tantric Sufism in the Islamic world

brother Kirtanman, you may call it tantric suffism if you like but some muslims might misunderstand and...

but i should mention that some suffi lineages tend to go far from mainstream Islam to the extent where i met on the net via a friend a suffi from a lineage which practices kechari mudra.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=3754#3754

love,

Ananda

Hi Ananda,

Apologies if that terminology was/is not appropriate or respectful; I respect all religions and spiritual systems, as I hope everyone here knows.

I actually got the information (of Tantric practices within Sufism) from a book called Tantra In Practice by David Gordon White, a Professor of Religion with the University of California.

From the overview:

"As David White explains in the Introduction to Tantra in Practice, Tantra is an Asian body of beliefs and practices that seeks to channel the divine energy that grounds the universe, in creative and liberating ways.

The subsequent chapters reflect the wide geographical and temporal scope of Tantra by examining thirty-six texts from China, India, Japan, Nepal, and Tibet, ranging from the seventh century to the present day, and representing the full range of Tantric experience--Buddhist, Hindu, Jain, and even Islamic.

Each text has been chosen and translated, often for the first time, by an international expert in the field who also provides detailed background material. Students of Asian religions and general readers alike will find the book rich and informative."

Mainstream, and especially conservative/fundamentalist Muslims (or Christians or Jews) *don't* understand, or accept, that Tantric practices (of all kinds, not just sexual -- but always including sexual) -- are conducted by those who consider themselves members of their same religion.

The only difference between those three religions and Hinduism and Buddhism, is that Hindus and Buddhists *know* their are Tantrics who consider themselves Hindus and Buddhists ... but the conservative/mainstream members of those religions don't like it much better ... if any!

Hope that helps clarify where I was coming from, a little; again - no disrespect intended, ever.

Peace, Love, Awakening Now,

Kirtanman
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 21 2009 :  10:37:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

quote:
Originally posted by Akasha

.i won't go into any specific ins and outs of this though.
love,
Akasha

Ohhh.... I seeee. I get what you're driiving at now.

thx for pointing out my slip-up, brother neil.
always in awe of the mystery of the other, of female beauty.

G

thx neil, O

Edited by - Akasha on May 21 2009 11:09:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  01:03:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brother Kirtanman we all know that you mean well don't worry about that, and thk you for explaining for those who might misunderstand.

in gratitude for all your beautiful sharing in the forums!!

btw; smthg along the side\ tantra was present in my country between my phoenecian ancesters way b4 Judaism, Christianity and Islam; and the feminine was worshiped throughout the country as the goddess Ishtar pretty much similar to mother Kali\Shakti\Lakshmi in India.

and they had special temples for her, and it was like a duty for a woman to work in the temple as a priestess for a certain period of time and man would pay money as a tribute to the goddess and sleep with the priestesses inside the temple in order to celebrate fertility...

that was from one side north of the Lebanon if i remember right, on the other hand if you would've went to the south in those days you would've seen human sacrifices being made for the bull God Moloch..

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  08:06:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think travel was as common in those days as it is now, but one side of your country sure sounds more fun than the other!
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  09:20:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks K.

Very knoowledgeable.Lucid,balanced.
Appreciate your sharing.

Your posts are very good.I learn a lot reading them.Highly informative.Clearly explained,well-intentioned.

Sufiism, (a mystical branch of islam i'm guessing) actually sounds rather sound from the little i have heard abou it- i was leafing through 'The heart of sufiism' when last in a book store, last week or so, and i was quite impressed, but not that surprised.more yoga than yoga in sufiism- i can kinda appreciate what one might mean by that.the author sounded like a remarkable guy too,so it was q. refreshing.

anyway,

also in gratitude,

Love,
Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on May 22 2009 09:35:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 22 2009 :  09:30:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Ether, it actually still is the same to a certain extent.

most of the wars which happen nowadays seem to be happening in the south but we get our little share every now and then in Beirut and it's surroundings.

i have a house in south Lebanon btw, we make a little exodus down from there every time smthg happens.

and smthg unpleasant was written in the bible about these areas concerning the end of times especially Tyre where the worship of the God Molech was very wide spread in the old days.

from the G spot to tantra\paganism\history\Islam\the bible\war hehehe what a mess.. i wonder where the G is taking us.

|\
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  09:30:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda
from the G spot to tantra\paganism\history\Islam\the bible\war hehehe what a mess.. i wonder where the G is taking us.

If each husband in our country took the time to "look" into his wife, into her G,H,I,J .. spots, we probably wouldn't have so many
conflicts in this area of the globe!

So, from G-spot to war, as crazy as it seems, there could be a connection after all

(forgive my humor today!)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  10:52:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe husbands are a problem where you live, maybe wives or both somewhere else. Often it has nothing to do with sex. It often has to do with not taking marriage seriously. If you decide to commit to being with one person, then you have agreed to spend the rest of your life being sensitive and supportive for them, and it's a lot of work.
I think a lot of people don't really commit to that work. But if you do, it will be worth it.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - May 24 2009 :  4:02:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you're right. It's not a matter of sex.
I was meaning that if people, regardless of the gender, take the time to look at eachothers more deeply, they will learn more about themselves and the other, and we wouldn't waste our time quarreling and making war..

That said, to me, what is called "marriage" in society is the worst creation of Man..
How can you guarantee that you will still love your partner tomorrow?
It can be, but in case it don't last, is it honest to remain with that person under the same roof, just because you should take marriage seriously?

To me, when 2 beings unite, there's no need to officialize their union in any religious or social institution..
Love should be synomym with absolute freedom..
It's a union between 2 free souls that share what they have inside, not out of need, but out of outpouring love..

Just my personal feeling though..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000