Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Food/Libido corrolation?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  1:52:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends....

I am wondering if any of you out there have noticed any corrolation between food and sex drive. I have been dealing with some Gastro Intestinal difficulties for the past week or two and have been changing my diet up a bit due to this and have noticed an EXTREME increase in my libido. Also an extreme increase in opportunities for sexual activity...not all with my wife unfortunately. And due to the huge increase in libido I find this a bit uncomfortable. I know that I will always be faithful to my wife in action, but in thought....that may be another story with a libido as active as mine has been the past week or so. So....my question is this: can your diet have an obvious effect on the libido? I have taken the advice of several here on the forum and have stopped my sexual essence retention techniques and have managed to be able to release seed despite the difficulty the first few attempts, but this hasn't seemingly decreased any libido, nor has it lessened my daily energy levels which was the reason for doing this in the first place. Hoping someone out there has had some experience in this area. Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions.

Love,
Carson

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  4:45:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think the goal is balance. THis is a topic that I think pretty much will not get a simplified answer.

For Sage, I notice I abuse food more as a result of not having a sexual relationship.
Or I look to food for the replacement, comfort, nurturing, the filling.

I am sure there are foods/diets that stimulate it or supress libido- I know there are herbs you can take-don't know which ones...

I have always practised monogomy when inside a sexual relationship-although my experiences have been radically escewed-with these so called mergings. I respect that in a person when they operate under loyalty.

Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2009 :  10:08:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If meat is in your diet You could try avoiding meat - that in my experience seemed to decrease animalistic urges and sexual desire(you see, i experienced a rise in 'libido' after eating meat)- so you're not moving in the opposite direction.

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 01 2009 10:55:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  07:17:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Carson.

With respect to the books Yogani has authored.

Can or does one approach/ read the 'Tantra' book after 'DM' & 'SBP'- those books out of the AYPenlightenment series? (or maybe 'samyama' or 'self-inquiry' seeeing as i do DM)

I've just ordered SBP & Tantra' and have read early lessons in 'AYP- the joy of life' & 'DM'

Mmmmm...decisions ,decisions.

Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 02 2009 07:32:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  10:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Akasha....

Yes I had wondered if meat was causing some of these issues. I was a vegetarian for almost 12 years before I started AYP, and then once getting into a twice daily sadhana I started to get energy headaches and the only thing that helped at the time was to eat meat and to walk a ton. I haven't had a problem with the energy headaches for a while now so I have been considering dropping the meat again. But the problem with that is that I was a terribly unhealthy vegetarian as most of the time I would rather go hungry then try to find something vegetarian I could enjoy eating. At my worst I was as small as 125-130 lbs. My regular weight is around 150 lbs. I am much healthier now that I am eating a diet with meat in it. I am fairly uneducated when it comes to food and diet and I hate cooking so it works really well for me to eat meat. If I do decide to drop meat it will be a major life change for me. I will have to start to get educated on how to properly sustain myself as a vegetarian and will have to start to learn to enjoy cooking as well. I have been changing some things up in my diet lately, so perhaps now would be a good time to start to prepare to drop meat again. Thank you for the advice....

On the book order thing....You can always read them in the order they were published in, which is top to bottom on the right here ---------------------------------->
Personally I read DM, then SBP, then the Asanas, Mudras and Bandhas one, then Tantra, then Samyama....still working my way through the others.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jun 02 2009 11:36:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  5:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou so much Carson.

I had a wee thought today. Maybe what you have is a self-pacing issue,given your overloads.so principle is reduce p's until stabilize

You been doing this much longer than I. so i am a comparitive novice here.

Sounds like rising kundalini.....

Thnakyou so much

go for salmon and tuna instead of beef etc- i think it's cleaner and healthier-plus it's cheaper too. you can get it in tins.but meat willboost your sex drive if you're on top of sublimation (p's).long-time vegetarian -i see - so you are eating meat for grounding effect perhaps.

thanks anyway

Love,

Akasha

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 02 2009 5:37:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2009 :  6:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As i say i'm just a beginner here, but regarding headaches you could try putting your attention on the entire length of the spinal nerve, regarding SbP,not just the head/ajna chakras.I've been adding the enhancments sambhavi mudra and mulabahnda lately but i'm trying to be progressive about it.step-by--step,sequential. scaling and going back if new introductions are not yet assimilated. because it is all very subtle.

to the letter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000