New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  4:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson

TMS,

you never replied to my last email regarding lama referral

Also I did find out about the deal with the gold writing on dark blue paper. Seems to be a common practice amongst all four schools in "amulet" creation

Hi brother, I'm sorry I didn't respond. I don't check that account enough. I will ask for you. He tells me they are not secret mantra, but "pith instructions." Not sure about the "amulet" reference.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  5:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
TMS,

I wonder in your lineage whether kundalini is present in some way. When I say kundalini, I mean a heavy spiraling sensation that starts from the perineum and spins around the body flash activating all the chakras.

I am not talking about tummo where it just straight through the center channel.

Edited by - alwayson on Feb 02 2009 10:23:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  11:02:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

TMS,

I wonder in your lineage whether kundalini is present in some way. When I say kundalini, I mean a heavy spiraling sensation that starts from the perineum and spins around the body flash activating all the chakras.

I am not talking about tummo where it just straight through the center channel.

Three channels are described, where the outer channels wrap around the central channel at the chakras forming knots. They call it candali, but it is kundalini. The Six Yogas of Naropa describe who to activate.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2009 :  11:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are describing channel anatomy in which the side channels indeed spiral.

But does the energy ever spiral from the perineum?

Typically they describe the energy going straight up into the center channel.

Edited by - alwayson on Feb 03 2009 12:09:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  01:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't recall anything about spiraling. I recall the descriptions as blazing. The straight up the central channel is what happens when the practice is done correctly. I think the spiraling would be when it is not controlled and spirals around the side channels.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2009 :  6:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes some people indeed think it is uncontrolled....

But can you ask lol
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  08:10:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes some people indeed think it is uncontrolled....

But can you ask lol

Yes. The "psychic heat" is filled from the sex chakra. But in the practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa, one visualized the central channel opening at the navel chakra. If one does not perform this visualization, then the kundalini will proceed as you describe.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  1:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TMS,

is this your opinion or your lama's
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2009 :  1:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thanks TMS,

is this your opinion or your lama's

This comes from the lama.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2009 :  09:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I re-asked this; I wanted to be sure, because we have a little bit of a language barrier. I've noticed that if I ask a leading question sometimes he will just say yes when he doesn't understand me.

He said that we shouldn't be discussing the specifics of this with someone who has not taken vows. Then he said there are more than 70 yogas. That was all he had to say. I listened to a portion of cd lectures from Garchen Rinpoche who is also a Drikung Kagyu lama. His lecture described the channels from the Six Yogas of Niguma (which is the same as the Six Yogas of Naropa when it comes to the description of the channels). There, he explains that the central channel and the two side channels open at the navel chakra. One gathers the wind energy from the secret chakra/sex chakra and the two side channels and presses the winds into the central channel using vase breathing (which is another name for kumbhaka). There is no description of spiraling. It is described as shooting straight up the central channel.

The winds enter the side channels from the two nostrils. The winds spiral down the two side channels and then spread into all the sub-channels from each of the chakras.

Based on this description, I would say that, no, the kundalini does not spiral up from the perineum according to them. Perhaps it could be felt like spiraling if that is how one visualizes it. I say that because the experience that I described depends on first having spent significant time visualizing the channels as I have described, visualizing Vajradhara over the crown secreting milk into the opening of the crown (thus purifying the channels and chakras), and visualizing the body as transparent.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000