New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  12:15:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by neli
Does anyone knows why the energy urges us to eat or drink something that before we didn't like ?

Because kundalini is deconstructing & removing blockages in you which in the first place created pattern that are not existing anymore so you can come closer to the mystery. Same situation with not liking people or activities you use to like & suddenly you don't want them anymore.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  02:04:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I cooked and ate my first steak ever tonight after getting a two and a half hour full body "energy" massage. I have never felt better or more alive with energy yet perfectly grounded in my whole life. The salt bath and putting my forehead to the ground helped immensly as well I believe. Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I am feeling a ton better today. Truely a blessing to have a community like this. Thank you all
Namaste,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  10:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Shanti,

I really enjoy the experience, and don't try to make it happen, it happens alone, without my help.
I do my practices every day, what I love the most is the Kechari, I feel this is something very important, altough I don't know how it works, but it reaches the crown easily, the tip of my tongue has always electricity, and its a pleasure to do the Kechari, I don't know for others, but for me, this is very important.

I think the pain was caused by the excess of energy cause I haven't felt any pain thereafter. It was so intense that my body resented the pull of energy.

Thanks a lot

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Beautiful experience Neli.
It feels like the Gods are showering their blessing on you, doesn't it?
Enjoy it when it happens.. but don't try to make it happen, and/or don't hold on to the experience. This is just the beginning of many many more awesome crown experiences. Remember to favor your practice always.. that is what will lead you to more such blessings.

Not sure about the pain. If it continues, please get a doctors checkup.

Wish you all the best.

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  11:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

What I knew is that while the energy works removes blockages, and make us drop many things, sometimes meat, or other things, but to make me drink milk, is very weird, cause I have always hated the milk, maybe my body needs it. I have seen this with activities, all my activities that I used and liked to do are dropped. Like if I were another person, always observing others (and myself), and always wanting to be alone. I wonder if this will last all my life or if its only a process. I can't stand crowded places and before I liked a lot.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

quote:
Does anyone knows why the energy urges us to eat or drink something that before we didn't like ?

Because kundalini is deconstructing & removing blockages in you which in the first place created pattern that are not existing anymore so you can come closer to the mystery. Same situation with not liking people or activities you use to like & suddenly you don't want them anymore.

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  11:24:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

CarsonZi

Embracing a tree is also very grounding, or sitting with the back on the trunk, barefooted. I always feel connected to the trees, that's why I always feel like antennas pouring out from the top of my crown.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I cooked and ate my first steak ever tonight after getting a two and a half hour full body "energy" massage. I have never felt better or more alive with energy yet perfectly grounded in my whole life. The salt bath and putting my forehead to the ground helped immensly as well I believe. Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I am feeling a ton better today. Truely a blessing to have a community like this. Thank you all
Namaste,
CarsonZi

Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  11:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
but to make me drink milk, is very weird, cause I have always hated the milk, maybe my body needs it.

Hey Neli, As I suggested before to CarsonZI, try curd which is the ultimate form of milk for feeding kundalini
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  10:57:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Selfonlypath,

quote:
One last thing that you might already know, press your tongue on palate to close down a bio-energy circuit so excess energy will flow down. Depending where pressing on palate area, you'll close Ida, Pingali, ajna, throat... It is just the basis of kechari mudra without any body modification (frenum cut)

I am not sure if this is the best advice to give to someone experiencing energy overload symptoms. Kechari is a major stimulator of kundalini energy. In the main lessons Yogani describes it as being the same as siddhasana only at the top end of the nervous system. It could potentially send somonw who is already on the brink, over the edge.

Just a warning.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  11:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads up Christi!
I can't actually get past stage 1 Kechari anyways, so I doubt it is a big deal for me. It actually helped me a bit I think to just press my tongue into the roof of my mouth. It seemed to help the energy to flow "smoother?" out of the top of my head and back down the front channel. Maybe I was imagining it, but it seemed like it helped some. But thanks for the warning, it won't go unheeded.
Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  12:58:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone please explain to me why kundalini has anything to do with self-realisation? I cannot find any sources except Vivekananda in "raja yoga" in his section on pranayama saying that kundalini is necessary. As far as i am concerned, the kundalini is a dangerous thing and has nothing to do with transcending body consciousness and self-realisation.

I don't mean to sound negative (as so often i do!), i am generally interested in why people consider kundalini a necessary part of spirituality.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  2:14:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi,
You don't sound negative. Questions are good. They bring about personal experience. In answer to your question of "why (does) kundalini has(have) anything to do with self-realisation?" I would answer you this
You can't have Self Realization without Kundalini. I personally, and I bet a lot of other AYPers, will tell you that we are not here looking to become Kundalini awakened. We are here seeking Self/God Realization. But along that path to Self Realization, Kundalini Awakening is going to happen. It just happens that way. And it isn't dangerous (as far as I can tell) if you are properly purified. To seek Self Realization without proper purification is just asking for kudalini awakening problems as far as I can tell based on other people's experiences (Gopi for example). That's just the way it is. Can't have S.R. without Kundalini being awake. You CAN however have an awakened Kundalini and NOT have Self Realization. As Yogani says, "there are many stages of Kundalini awakening". So don't worry so much about having dangerous Kundalini symptoms and focus on doing your practices twice daily. Then you can almost gaurantee yourself that even if your Kundalini does awaken, you will be properly purified for it and the symptoms will be minimal. Just my two cents.
In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  11:16:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi,

I haven't tasted the drinkable curd, is this a kind of coagulated milk ? or is it a kind of cheese to spread on bread. I have tasted the one that spreads on bread and its delicious.

neli

quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

quote:
but to make me drink milk, is very weird, cause I have always hated the milk, maybe my body needs it.

Hey Neli, As I suggested before to CarsonZI, try curd which is the ultimate form of milk for feeding kundalini

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  11:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Gumpi,

If awakened alone (without help or without knowing what's happening) it could be pretty dangerous, just see Gopi's case. But if we have love in our hearts and are open to the energy, it could helps a lot in the spiritual path. But many people doesn't resist the symptoms of the awakening, including my sister that went to the hospital with a panick attack.
I don't want to sound negative, but the energy always awakens with symptoms, be it whatever. In some people very smooth and in others very hard. But if we use love instead of rejection, everything is different.
Self- Realisation doesn't have to do with Kundalini, you can have self-realisation without Kundalini. I am also in Jhanas and the self-realisation I picked it from there, and the Kundalini came thereafter.
But after feeling Shakti, I prefer Shakti than anything. I'm in love with Shakti.
Many people have awakened the K and they don't even know, I mean the artists, writers, poets, etc. That's why they are very excentric people, like Dalí.

But Kundalini is a real pleasure, one has only to channel it.

Just my 2 cents
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Can someone please explain to me why kundalini has anything to do with self-realisation? I cannot find any sources except Vivekananda in "raja yoga" in his section on pranayama saying that kundalini is necessary. As far as i am concerned, the kundalini is a dangerous thing and has nothing to do with transcending body consciousness and self-realisation.

I don't mean to sound negative (as so often i do!), i am generally interested in why people consider kundalini a necessary part of spirituality.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  12:38:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just have to say that I disagree with you Neli. I don't think you CAN have REAL(or FULL is maybe a better word) Self Realization without being Kundalini awakened. That was MY understanding of how things worked. I guess I could be wrong,(it does happen from time to time) but I don't think you can be fully God Realized without your Kundalini being awake. That is why if you ever see a painting of Christ of or a saint or whatever, they have the classic "Kundalini" glow or halo or whatever around them. I think that is to indicate that anyone with that high of a Self realization will have had their Kundalini awakened. Maybe someone who knows more then me can chime in here though and tell us definitively how it is?
In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  6:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

hi neli
your crown opening is the cause of all thoses changes , same with any other newly found desires or capabilities. your practice as brought you to this!Crown opening does carry energie to your physical brain, so brain cell get charged (fed) thus they grow , extend dendrites etc. one morning you'll wake up after some more crown opening realising you can do thing better anything! math, cooking, see the futures wathever. there is no magic trick involve. The nervous system adapt itself with the new source of energie.i agree with those who say "pace yourself" overflooding your brain is easy,just like turning the knob to much on a garden hose... it will rupture or whoever is around will get a free bath!
as far as i know what you call the entenna is an extention of your susumna some call this the hara line it goes up and down from the root also.
i experience that also and felt it swing back and forth on some occasions ...but that is not a good sign, depression is at hand when this happen.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  7:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

CarsonZi,

Maybe you're right, but its pretty difficult to have a FULL realization, I mean what's a "FULL realization" ? someone that glows or has a halo above the head ? In Jhanas people also glow, and have Halos, but how can we know that they are being Full realized ? I mean, to glow or have a halo, doesn't mean to have a FULL realization, it's just a symptom or a gift. I don't know if Buddha glowed or had a halo, also I don't know if he had awakened the K energy, I think he did, but its not mentioned very clearly. Buddha's teachings says that we must not put attention to lights, or any physical symptoms.
But I agree with you, that without Kundalini is like if something is missing, maybe I'm very wrong. I wish someone that knows about Jhanas would chime in to enlighten us a little bit about this matter.
While in Jhanas meditation, parts of my body also glowed, but I never put attention to this, and I'm not Full-realized,(and am very far from it ) I mean when a nimitta (light) takes you, you are glowing inside it. But that doesn't mean that we are not even realized. Kundalini awakened on me because my intense meditation on Jhanas, then I focused on the Kundalini, cause I was very happy with the energy, I mean the sensations, but this is against the Jhanas path, we must not put attention to sensations, cause if we put attention to sensations or sounds or lights, its very difficult to reach the absorption state (or stillness)
I have always thought that K energy is a complement to Jhanas, but now I don't know, the ecstasy that I just had on the crown, never happened in Jhanas. In my opinion, and I can be very wrong, that the K energy is stronger than Jhanas, but maybe cause I didn't attained the strong absorption states of the Jhanas.

The saints, or Jesus or whatever, glowed cause they were in total absorption in a kind of trance that is caused by praying or with contact with God, or angels.

I would like to know more, cause in Jhanas I have been many years, and only attained seconds of the samadhi state, that is very similar to an OOBE, and in a short time, I have attained more with the K energy.

I can be terrible wrong. But sometimes I think Kundalini is not similar to jhanas, cause K energy is a lot of sensations, and ecstasies, and in Jhanas is stillness, absorption, and one must left aside the senses of the body.

In my experience the K energy is very strong, it can change everything in our lives, our thinking, our habitudes, anything.

It can open dimensional portals, communication with angels, or ancesters, or with our own self.

Our bodies are temples that wait the awakening of Shakti to enlighten our inner selves (IMHO)

But you're right, maybe someone that knows more can enlighten us a little bit.

Kind regards
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I just have to say that I disagree with you Neli. I don't think you CAN have REAL(or FULL is maybe a better word) Self Realization without being Kundalini awakened. That was MY understanding of how things worked. I guess I could be wrong,(it does happen from time to time) but I don't think you can be fully God Realized without your Kundalini being awake. That is why if you ever see a painting of Christ of or a saint or whatever, they have the classic "Kundalini" glow or halo or whatever around them. I think that is to indicate that anyone with that high of a Self realization will have had their Kundalini awakened. Maybe someone who knows more then me can chime in here though and tell us definitively how it is?
In Love,
CarsonZi

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  7:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi,

You are right self-pacing is very important, or we can splash others with the energy (unconsciously)
Before I came to this Forum, my energy was not channeled through the sushumna,(I think) and when once calling by phone to my sister, she felt a lot of cramps on her legs, even if she was far away.

I have felt the antenna going out and down, but just from the crown, not from the root. I didn't know that it was an extention of the sushumna, as what I have felt is in the very middle of the top of my head, like being part of the crown chakra, but maybe you are right, that is part of the sushumna.

My antenna is always very straight, don't know why, it doesn't move, but can grow higher, but not that much. I have never felt depression when I have experienced the antenna, maybe this antenna is trying to reach the astral plane nadis. But I have felt the cup sensation on my head, and its when some information is given to my subconscious mind from the upper planes.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by schtroumpsolis

quote:

hi neli
your crown opening is the cause of all thoses changes , same with any other newly found desires or capabilities. your practice as brought you to this!Crown opening does carry energie to your physical brain, so brain cell get charged (fed) thus they grow , extend dendrites etc. one morning you'll wake up after some more crown opening realising you can do thing better anything! math, cooking, see the futures wathever. there is no magic trick involve. The nervous system adapt itself with the new source of energie.i agree with those who say "pace yourself" overflooding your brain is easy,just like turning the knob to much on a garden hose... it will rupture or whoever is around will get a free bath!
as far as i know what you call the entenna is an extention of your susumna some call this the hara line it goes up and down from the root also.
i experience that also and felt it swing back and forth on some occasions ...but that is not a good sign, depression is at hand when this happen.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  11:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Enlightenment, traditionally and experientially, is the merging of abiding inner silence with ecstasy, to yield stillness in action, which is outpouring divine love and Oneness in everyday living.

So both abiding inner silence (samadhi) and ecstatic awakening (kundalini) are necessary for the whole thing. In the classical Eastern metaphor it is the union of shiva and shakti.

In AYP we cultivate them in that order for more stable development. As many here know, it can be messy to begin with kundalini without having some inner silence established first. Inner silence is our center (our Self), and ecstatic conductivity and radiance provide for the expansion of that center to infinite expression. If the energetic side is cultivated in a balanced way from the spinal nerve (sushumna), the potential difficulties of ecstatic awakening can be minimized. It is a matter of keeping things in the right order and proportion, and self-pacing practices along the way. Reliable results come with a systematic approach.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  02:07:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Selfonlypath,

quote:
One last thing that you might already know, press your tongue on palate to close down a bio-energy circuit so excess energy will flow down. Depending where pressing on palate area, you'll close Ida, Pingali, ajna, throat... It is just the basis of kechari mudra without any body modification (frenum cut)

I am not sure if this is the best advice to give to someone experiencing energy overload symptoms. Kechari is a major stimulator of kundalini energy. In the main lessons Yogani describes it as being the same as siddhasana only at the top end of the nervous system. It could potentially send somonw who is already on the brink, over the edge.

Just a warning.

Christi

Hi Christi,

OK, maybe I should have not said kechari mudra which I don't practice FYI.

What I meant is a SAFE technique known in different systems to not fry the body & rather keep it balanced (hindus call it nabho mudra).

Hope this clarifies, Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Sep 12 2008 02:39:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  12:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Yogani,

Thanks a lot for your explanation. I really think that the sushumna or spinal nerve has a very important role in this path. So you think that the union of Shiva and Shakti can take us to Samadhi ? Or the state of Samadhi is the union of Shakti and Shiva ?
I mean I'm always feeling the Shiva's nectar pouring down, but don't know if this is a normal process to attain Samadhi.
I'm a little confused about attaining Samadhi with Shiva and Shakti.
Can Samadhi state be attained through ecstasy ? I mean I was in Jhanas and we had to block all senses (including ecstasy) to attain Samadhi, something very difficult to do, and I really prefer the ecstasies states.

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

Enlightenment, traditionally and experientially, is the merging of abiding inner silence with ecstasy, to yield stillness in action, which is outpouring divine love and Oneness in everyday living.

So both abiding inner silence (samadhi) and ecstatic awakening (kundalini) are necessary for the whole thing. In the classical Eastern metaphor it is the union of shiva and shakti.

In AYP we cultivate them in that order for more stable development. As many here know, it can be messy to begin with kundalini without having some inner silence established first. Inner silence is our center (our Self), and ecstatic conductivity and radiance provide for the expansion of that center to infinite expression. If the energetic side is cultivated in a balanced way from the spinal nerve (sushumna), the potential difficulties of ecstatic awakening can be minimized. It is a matter of keeping things in the right order and proportion, and self-pacing practices along the way. Reliable results come with a systematic approach.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  11:23:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neli:

Samadhi is always going to be the product of meditation. By that, I do not mean one particular style of meditation. It is not a sectarian thing. Rather, it the universal principle of attention dissolving in an object. The possibilities are unlimited in that. If one is devoted to ecstatic shiva-shakti union and makes it an object of meditation, then samadhi will come. If one is devoted to self-inquiry, then that can lead to samadhi. It is the underlying principle of meditation that leads to the rise of stillness in any activity.

As you know, in AYP we use a systematic process of meditation with mantra, so the cultivation of inner silence (samadhi) is not left to chance. It is very efficient. It is a much longer process in styles of meditation where there is not an effective procedure for handling the many diversions of the mind.

Samadhi can happen in any devoted activity -- re: "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance." It is a matter of where one's heart is and how efficient the practice is, if it is even called "practice." There is no reason an efficient form of meditation like we use in AYP cannot be used to enhance less structured forms of "meditation" that will occur as we pursue the things we love in life. The more inner silence we have, the more will our life naturally become meditation, and ultimately stillness in action.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  3:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi
my my understanding of enlightment is more mecanical as in physics/electricty kink of thing. to have a constant glow of light as to do with the whole process to maintain the energie charge of the K. and processing it.i tend to believe this very similar to a plama charge. somewhere in the process photon becomes visible ,irradiate in all direction. this is exactly what hapenn during the enlightment process. heat biggins ate,light become visible,mgnetic field increase in great quantity ,photon are taken in and réimmited outward. all the things we do ; breathing, meditation, bakti etc. are to get that precess going.since words are inapt to describe what happen to the very few who were taken off geard by the experience we miss many pieces of the puzzle.i think also that much of the struggle to get there is due to our ignorance, cultural methaphor that are ageless not neccesarely understood even if we think we do..at least for me anyway!
the stillness in action is exactly what happen when when light is
created by the cummulative effect of all we do.

iwould like to ask yogani ;how can we prepare ourself to withstand all that outpouring of love , vital ans psy energie? Our couciousness is far from ready to withstand all the forces during the process and to maintain it going.
when we do live this enlightment process with the flowing light ,love etc.

back to neli's antenna! you're right it does carry info from the higher plane. the hara line open up to other chakra .the limit of it's lenght is due to our counciousness...the aparent end is the limit before those higher chakra not yet open.
f.
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2008 :  4:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Talking about crown opening ... it's been a daily occurence to me now while in concentration or in meditation ,sounds are becoming very powerfull. i get hit by sound . it is very electrifying sometimes, even cause crown opening many times.sound coming from my surrounding; kids playing on the street,neibourg walking upstaitrs etc. i have absolutely no defence against that. if i get to a time when a need to pace my pratice and the lovenoises of my neibours bring a strong crown opening i'llbe in trouble!!! it's as if all the sounds i hear becomes as mantra. IAM is not that powerfull when i repeat it!
any ideas folks on such a thing?
f.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  04:13:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi Yogani,

Thanks for your explanation. I think I prefer to attain the samadhi state through shiva-shakti, although I also practice mantras and the stillness. what I have to learn more is the "stillness in action" I think its like being stable in our actions, or conscious. I have meditated a lot with the "witness" meditation, and it helps a lot to understand many things. In a short time I have attained more with kundalini than years in jhanas, or maybe jhanas helped a lot the kundalini process, as once we feel the crown ecstasy, the energy make us understand many things. I think the crown ecstasy or orgasm can be the beginning of samadhi, but maybe I'm wrong. But its the most wonderful thing I have ever felt, there's no words to describe it.

Thanks a lot
Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Hi Neli:

Samadhi is always going to be the product of meditation. By that, I do not mean one particular style of meditation. It is not a sectarian thing. Rather, it the universal principle of attention dissolving in an object. The possibilities are unlimited in that. If one is devoted to ecstatic shiva-shakti union and makes it an object of meditation, then samadhi will come. If one is devoted to self-inquiry, then that can lead to samadhi. It is the underlying principle of meditation that leads to the rise of stillness in any activity.

As you know, in AYP we use a systematic process of meditation with mantra, so the cultivation of inner silence (samadhi) is not left to chance. It is very efficient. It is a much longer process in styles of meditation where there is not an effective procedure for handling the many diversions of the mind.

Samadhi can happen in any devoted activity -- re: "Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance." It is a matter of where one's heart is and how efficient the practice is, if it is even called "practice." There is no reason an efficient form of meditation like we use in AYP cannot be used to enhance less structured forms of "meditation" that will occur as we pursue the things we love in life. The more inner silence we have, the more will our life naturally become meditation, and ultimately stillness in action.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  04:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

f.

Very interesting your point of view, about the antenna, that's why sometimes I feel it short, and sometimes it grows, then it gets inside. Yes I think also that it carries info. from higher planes.
What I didn't understand is your point of view of stillness in action.
can you clarify?

thanks a lot
Sat Nam
Neli

quote:

hi
my my understanding of enlightment is more mecanical as in physics/electricty kink of thing. to have a constant glow of light as to do with the whole process to maintain the energie charge of the K. and processing it.i tend to believe this very similar to a plama charge. somewhere in the process photon becomes visible ,irradiate in all direction. this is exactly what hapenn during the enlightment process. heat biggins ate,light become visible,mgnetic field increase in great quantity ,photon are taken in and réimmited outward. all the things we do ; breathing, meditation, bakti etc. are to get that precess going.since words are inapt to describe what happen to the very few who were taken off geard by the experience we miss many pieces of the puzzle.i think also that much of the struggle to get there is due to our ignorance, cultural methaphor that are ageless not neccesarely understood even if we think we do..at least for me anyway!
the stillness in action is exactly what happen when when light is
created by the cummulative effect of all we do.

iwould like to ask yogani ;how can we prepare ourself to withstand all that outpouring of love , vital ans psy energie? Our couciousness is far from ready to withstand all the forces during the process and to maintain it going.
when we do live this enlightment process with the flowing light ,love etc.

back to neli's antenna! you're right it does carry info from the higher plane. the hara line open up to other chakra .the limit of it's lenght is due to our counciousness...the aparent end is the limit before those higher chakra not yet open.
f.

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2008 :  04:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

F.

I have heard many sounds, but before the ecstasy of the crown, I mean before shakti reaches the crown, always while in meditation, this is very disturbing, but I make a big effort not to put attention, and it have lessened a lot. But when the ecstasy of the crown is achieved, my all body is in rapture, and I cannot hear anything just feel this tremendous sensation that makes reacts all my body, it transforms everything inside and outside of our minds and bodies.

Neli

quote:

Talking about crown opening ... it's been a daily occurence to me now while in concentration or in meditation ,sounds are becoming very powerfull. i get hit by sound . it is very electrifying sometimes, even cause crown opening many times.sound coming from my surrounding; kids playing on the street,neibourg walking upstaitrs etc. i have absolutely no defence against that. if i get to a time when a need to pace my pratice and the lovenoises of my neibours bring a strong crown opening i'llbe in trouble!!! it's as if all the sounds i hear becomes as mantra. IAM is not that powerfull when i repeat it!
any ideas folks on such a thing?
f.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000