AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Bhakti, Jnana, Karma, Meditation - Crutches all?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

shankar

Norway
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  06:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit shankar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by david_obsidian

Etherfish said:
Sort of like a homeless man walking around saying "i am rich" all day long. I'm afraid there is more to it than that.

Yup. These instructions are really more useful when they are working out more like a rich man walking around saying "I am rich", or even "Hey, I am not poor after all".

All Self-Inquiry work has developmental pre-requisites. If that is forgotten, then the havoc starts. To teach Self-Inquiry or Advaita without understanding that is like telling people they can be a Formula 1 racer by just getting into the right car RIGHT NOW.

It has been a while since I left this topic last. Didn`t have anything much to add to the things I said last time around. After years of practising various sorts of practises, I have come to the realisation that accepting the Reality is by itself the single biggest step that I could take. To allow myself to believe was by itself my liberation, and all the other stuff were just excuses to avoid this act of Self Realisation. And when I tell this to others: that it is in fact as simple as this, Just Believe it!, I am often met with scepticism, and even worse. Don`t we have to purge, purify, practise? Aren`t we unprepared? Shouldn`t we follow this guru or that set of practises first? Won`t it cause havoc, if we simply accept? People who have realised this before us, must be nutters, must have stood on their head for years before realising this, therefore we too must go through the hoops and in the meantime, suffer the indignity of ignorance and suffering.

What made me get back to the thread today is the fact that I am sitting in front of the tv while I am writing this. There is a program on, which many of you will recognise: "Larry King Live". Today`s show is entitled "Change your mind, Change your life".

Larry`s guests are neuroscientists, physicists, psychologists, spiritualists. And they are all talking of the same thing: That the brain and the mind are two different things. That the Mind can be reprogrammed. And here are the stunners:

Dr. Candace Pert Ph.D. - she has been researching the human brain for 20 years, the effects of receptors and the areas of the brain that fire up when we are happy: " We are basically wired up for bliss".
"Simply by repeating several times a day, that I am happy, we can become happier. We have observed this during our laboratory experiments"

Fred Alan Wolf, PhD. He is a quantum physicist. "The Mind exists before and beyond the brain does." The two are not the same.

Amit Goswami, PhD. "In the old way of thinking, the world was based on a deterministic, mathematical model. Today, we know that is not true. The observer decides how the universe behaves".

To all of you who engage in good practises: More power to you. But remember, Believe! You are It! No more, no less! Without you, there is no Brahman, no Truth, no Eternity. Simply affirming this will help you, because it is the Reality.

Ramana Maharshi is right. Doubt is a barrier that will keep you from achieving that you wish to achieve. There is no one here who is not ready to be part of the Truth. Everything else is a cop out.

Namaste!
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  11:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great post Shankar. Thanks!

Mac
Go to Top of Page

shankar

Norway
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  11:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit shankar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Black Rebel Radio

Great post Shankar. Thanks!

Mac

You are welcome, Mac. I feel so happy. Just want to reach out and embrace the Reality...you, me...all that is uniting us.

Have a good one!

Namaste!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000