New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

yogic_scenary

India
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2024 :  7:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by TensorTympani

Not fully on topic, but I find it interesting that yogic_senary mentioned that cannabis pretty much kills any pranic sensations. For me it is the opposite. Even on a tiny dose (a tiny 5mg piece of dried bud from a vaporiser) ecstatic sensations become very strong and it requires some will power to not get carried away into some orgasmic reverie but to follow through with a meditation session.

With such a cannabis microdose meditation becomes very fascinating for me. The mantra and pranic flows apart from being perceived in more detail have the additional quality of becoming visually three-dimensional delicate and delicately moving objects, as if they are actual physical objects. Outside of meditation a lot of the other sensory input is also synesthetically represented three-dimensionally and visually when I close my eyes. For instance, if I concentrate on my hands (with eyes closed) I can clearly see them on a dark background giving off some blue-ish light. When I move my hands and fingers the visual image responds instantaneously as if I was actually seeing it. So it's not a conscious but an involuntary visualisation. I can even see my finger nails giving off a slightly different shade of blue. It's very weird. The effect is the same even if the hand is behind my back, so I obviously don't actually see it with my eyes. I think the ability to locate body parts (which is related to the sense of touch I guess) and maybe that nails and skin feel differently through inner perception became somehow represented visually, a form of synesthesia.

A friend who has also developed some ecstatic conductivity through AYP and also enjoys psychedelics, did not get any enhancement from this tiny dose of cannabis, but simply felt "stoned", which did the opposite of enhancing the meditation experience. It seems that everyone reacts differently to these substances. It could also be that I react unusually to cannabis because I only tried it the first time in my life after having developed some ecstatic conductivity.

Not only does everyone react differently to these substances, the same person may react differently to the same substance at different times.

Well, your experiences have do have validity in the sense of weed being a mild psychedelic, stimulant and an aphrodisiac.
Go to Top of Page

yogic_scenary

India
25 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2024 :  8:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Also to add in the fact that, supposedly it's not so much the pineal gland, but it's the lungs which contain DMT, which is why many(including me) report a similarity in experience after Bhastrika Pranayama.
Sir Terence McKenna said "If DMT isn't what the world religions are guarding, then they are guarding an empty house".

Sir Yogani is in the same stance as the ancient Yogic scriptures which do not recommend consumption of herbs and drugs on the path of Yoga (a.k.a path of perfectionism).

I'm honestly leaning towards a synergy of the two, even though in my heart I know Sir Yogani and the ancient scriptures are right.

DMT (and mushrooms) are stimulants. There is definitely a shaktipat phenomenon going on, but the Shakti seems to be coming from an entity which sometimes seems so bizzare and alien.

Kundalini is also a stimulant and a Goddess entity. Combined with celibacy and the raw power of sexual energy, it can trump any drug in the world. But the Shakti seems to be coming from a very familiar, grounded and organic entity in this case.

Is it possible combining the power of Kundalini, pranayama and Anahata meditation to breakthrough to other realms? I have heard reports of people who practice Kundalini Yoga achieve the same. But a childish question pops up - Do we want to? How do we 'turn it off'? Seeing as to how I have never broken through to hyperspace through Yogic methods, I can't comment much on it, but maybe the methods to come back to our material existence will manifest on our paths towards the breakthrough phenomenon. I mean isn't that the promise? Yoga promises bodily immortality, even though I may achieve that, I'm still a part of this material existence even though I may be feeling light and breezy.

But what if I could enjoy all the ecstasy achieved through Yogic mudras, breakthrough to other higher realms, and then come back - this I think is the end game. This is the promise. This is liberation. This is freedom.

I am of the bloodline of the ancient sages and there is not a single instance in my known and unknown ancestral history where they have used drugs, and without which they seem to have come so far towards the truth. And we all know Soma is not a psychedelic. And yet I hold great reverence towards these South American Shamanism herbs, because they are part of the greater truth and the biggest picture and must simply not be brushed aside, without atleast giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Well I fantasize that all Yogis have an unquestionable stand in the domain of spirituality enough to meet these psychedelic substances and entities with an equal standing by shaking their hands rather than submitting yourself(nothing wrong with submitting yourself to them, after all these are great entities who deserve reverence). So more power to you, my friends!!

In my heart I know Yoga is the endgame , but the mystery of psychedelics is equal in magnitude to the mystery of Kundalini.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000