Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 Ophanim Yoga Asana Postures and Practice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jzatopa

USA
12 Posts

Posted - May 17 2024 :  7:47:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit jzatopa's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Within my teaching I have included all practices that humans have learned through the ages as we are all one body. Through this body over different places and times we have evolved different ways to clear out what is keeping us from being in oneness with God, should we not be born that way and kept that way as some are, or at least be part of a family that strives for this. Through my way I have found that the missing parts of some religions are that they have not realized they have their own asanas, pranayamas and meditations as that style of worship was actively suppressed or hidden.

An example of this is Ophanim yoga, of which I have started to teach and included in my AYP yoga classes. I found the mother letters to be useful and the others to have power as well. Now you may or may not find them the same way, I will say consider adding them to your practice and see what you find, I would love to see if our experiences align. You will find that while a full practice much could still be improved upon. For example the 10/5 breath, while useful for the way the class is taught, is easily replaced with khechari mudra and ujjayi breathing. I have also practiced flowing through the asanas with a kapalabhati (for some breath of fire) breath as well as a curled tongue cooling breath, finding the kapalabhati to be very powerful and the curled tongue breath to have its own effects. I also have practiced with each letter as the mantra internally and also closed with AHYH (Ah-Hey-Yah - I Am in Hebrew and Aramaic) as well as used that in place of I Am in my mantra as shree om shree om AHYH AHYH Namah Namah. The later only bringing forth slight changes from my normal mantra but I found was worth exploring to connect with Yeshua Messiah more deeply and properly in his language for a Bhakti.

Don't think you have to use all of these or follow their rules, I have found adding them into my vinyasa and hatha for myself and my students has added a bit of flair and fun and reminded people that Love is the name of God in all languages and that it's important to remember we are all human first and then the ways in which we communicate and relate to each other.

I hope you enjoy this and it helps you on your path. If you find that at the end you have more unique clearings or awakenings, do not be surprised, they do have a different vibe to them but ultimately we are all one [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Asanas - https://nefeshhaya.wordpress.com/op...of-practice/

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000