Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Rise of Inner Silence?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NBN

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2022 :  10:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello:

I've been on the spiritual path for about 2.5 years. In a way, I got lucky and came across AYP almost immediately. I'm a dedicated practitioner, six days a week, twice a day.

Recently, I've been noticing that I am more aware of when I am not aware. When my mind goes off on a tangent thinking about random things, I would become aware that my mind was on a tangent somewhere. When difficult emotions come up, which is rare, I find myself being able to and wanting to just observe, without judgment or trying to deny/suppress, the emotions.

That leads to my question: Is this symptoms of the rise of "Inner Silence" so often talked about in Yogani's writings? Does this become stronger, more full time as time goes on? What can I reasonably expect going forward ? Can anyone share his or her experience with respect to the rise of inner silence and how that developed over the months and years of consistent practice?

I have not experienced any flashy spiritual visions, powers, see higher beings, or any of that. My life is very average and normal, although I have to admit with certainty that I feel better now than I have ever felt before beginning my spiritual journey. There is a significant reduction in suffering. There is less negativity in my mind now, which trust me, is an improvement that I never thought was even possible before AYP.

Please share your experience and comments below. I appreciate your time and attention.

Jeanjean82

France
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  1:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello NBN,

I practice AYP for 2 years now and i can't really tell you what will be the next step. Maybe you can read the lesson 35 from yogani (https://www.aypsite.org/35.html). I guess it may differs among people.
However i can share my experience. No vision or energetic things, the meditation practice itself is not a great pleasure (even if spinal breathing and asana are pretty pleasant now). But i think that "something" happen because emotion/thought not overrun me like in the past and the capacity to "find myself being able to and wanting to just observe, without judgment or trying to deny/suppress, the emotions. " speaks to me.
Of course, there are again a lot of downs and ups but we have all different karma
Yes, i thinks it is the rise of the inner silence, even if i 'am not an experienced yogi i think other people will confirm that.
Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
529 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  6:32:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
NBN, Yes, it sounds like you are starting to experience the benefits of your years of practice. Inner silence, for me, has been much more subtle than ecstatic conductivity. I can relate to your description of your awareness of your inner states/detachment. From everything I've read, and my own trajectory, it seems clear this continues to grow and grow with regular practice. Yogani has repeatedly emphasized inner silence is the real gem of the practices even though the "flashy" stuff gets peoples attention. I am 3+ years into my AYP practice and inner silence definitely continues to grow. Abiding inner silence and the gradual development of unity and outpouring of divine love is the milestone ahead yet, the journey ultimately is always in the present moment, one breath at a time. Your "average and normal" life is a blessing. Drama is overrrated and often filled with much emotional pain. What AYP practices do you do? Are you experiencing any ecstatic conductivity?
Go to Top of Page

NBN

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  10:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing.I really appreciate that.
Go to Top of Page

NBN

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  10:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul

NBN, What AYP practices do you do? Are you experiencing any ecstatic conductivity?

Right now, my practice consists of asana, 5 min of SBP, 20 minutes of DM(1st enhancement),and samyama. I added siddhasana about two months ago to my SBP and DM. I cannot say that I have experienced any ecstatic conductivity however. I guess that will come with time.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2022 :  02:37:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello NBN, welcome

quote:
Right now, my practice consists of asana, 5 min of SBP, 20 minutes of DM(1st enhancement),and samyama. I added siddhasana about two months ago to my SBP and DM. I cannot say that I have experienced any ecstatic conductivity however. I guess that will come with time.

I am nine years in, and conductivity slowly made itself known in the fourth year, and I wasn’t sure it had happened those early months. We are all different, so this isn’t a prediction. My practices at the time was asanas and the full array of AYP practices, and from then on, I began to pare back the energetic ones, because conductivity was doing that work.

Conductivity is spurred by your openness to inner silence, gained through following the mantra and letting all else go. It takes years of following the mantra for thoughts to get out of the way

Currently for me, I can detect silence as white noise in my head, and in certain moments, in certain situations, silence can feel like a thickness in the air. I like to think of silence as a blank page, and sensations are the words on that page. The words get all the attention, but would be nothing without the silence in the background.

Your practices sound perfect for where you are. Start reading the lessons on Samyama, for that is the direction you are heading.(https://aypsite.org/150.html). Once you are confident and stable within, this is a practice that prepares you to radiate those fruits, and love, outwardly.

You will continue to have yoga influence your sphere in subtle ways, you will catch yourself from saying or doing the wrong thing, you will review your inner dialogue for truth/falsehoods, you may feel more patience, or forgiveness. Have an intention every time you meditate, to feel as open as you are able in that sacred moment.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1538 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2022 :  06:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
..and in certain moments, in certain situations, silence can feel like a thickness in the air.

I wrote this down in my notebook recently:

"Last evening I was stopped in my tracks by the weight of the Silence of the setting sun reflected the shy pink of a blushing bride in the eastern sky. Silence thick as a wall. I slammed into it and was gone."

Sey

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000