New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  06:04:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So much valuable information to be found here. I've be meditating for some years and need some extra means to furthering my progress. This may be the place to look at some additions to my regular practice.I will look through the key lessons to help.I feel that I want to quicken up my evolution but know that it is a gradual approach (or is it?) But enlightenment can be at any time and its only a matter of refinement from where we are at the moment.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  06:44:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Jeo!
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  08:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum jeo.
Lessons that deal with enlightenment include 35, 38, 85, 120, 240, 274, 413, 423, 430, and many more. Enjoy the journey rather than when you will reach the destination.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  08:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Jeo, welcome!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeo
I feel that I want to quicken up my evolution but know that it is a gradual approach (or is it?)
Yes, it's gradual and you can move towards it slower or faster, depending on your practice and, of course, on God's grace.

As far as practices are concerned, you've come to the right place. I'd suggest reading the lessons from the beginning. AYP is an integrated system of practices. It's a good idea to understand how it works before you decide if or how you combine it with another practice.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2242 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  5:02:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Jeo
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  9:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeo,

Welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  06:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for the welcome from you all and I hope to learn from the teachings with help from the Forum.Happy to hear from you BlueRaincoat and Jusmail and I am sure to find my learning pace using the lessons available.
Go to Top of Page

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  06:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, got the answer to my first question from the first lesson (10) "Take a few baby steps, and soon you can be opening by leaps and bounds. That is assuming you are ready, and choose each day to go for more"
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
867 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  07:20:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jeo,

Welcome to the forum!

Once you have a stable twice-daily meditation practice, there are many other things you can do to accelerate the rate of progress, while maintaining comfort. Spiritual progress is gradual, but its realization can be sudden - like learning to walk: we struggle for a while, and then suddenly we can walk.

Go to Top of Page

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  07:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been meditating twice a day for some time with, strangely enough, my mantra being similar to the "I Am" meditation. I'm not sure whether to change it or not but if that is this practice then I will give it a go.
Go to Top of Page

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  08:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Blanche

Edited by - Jeo on Feb 17 2018 09:05:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1731 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  12:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jeo

I have been meditating twice a day for some time with, strangely enough, my mantra being similar to the "I Am" meditation. I'm not sure whether to change it or not but if that is this practice then I will give it a go.

If you want to benefit from the mantra enhancements in later lessons, then it's better to switch to the AYP mantra.

Go to Top of Page

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2018 :  4:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  02:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just finished a very peaceful 20 minute meditation using the AYP mantra instead of the mantra I have been using for many years.I need to get used to this conversion and must say I am bringing a lot of awareness into activity.The only thing I am missing is the blissfulness which I know is waiting to come out.I am feeling on an even keel during my daily routine with awareness all around.
What area of practice should I be concentrating on to bring about this blissfulness and love which I have experienced at times in the past?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  06:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
What area of practice should I be concentrating on to bring about this blissfulness and love which I have experienced at times in the past?

Hi Jeo,

With AYP, if you wish to expand your practice, it is a case of gradually building up a full-scope yoga practice over time, adding practices on one at a time. After developing a stable meditation practice, the next step would be to add Spinal Breathing Pranayama. From there, mudras, bandhas, asana, Samyama and so on...

All of this is covered in the main lessons and if you read through them, they will guide you as to which practice to take on and when. The higher lessons deal with things such as divine love and freedom, but skipping to the end will not really help. It is best to take it gradually, building up your practice as you go.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

Jeo

Australia
11 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  09:32:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

I can understand what you say
quote:
it is a case of gradually building up a full-scope yoga practice over time

I guess there are no quick solutions and to add the Spinal Breathing Pranayama and go through the course is important.

Much appreciation Christi

Jeo
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  10:22:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jeo,

Yes, there are no short-cuts to enlightenment, even though many people wish there were.

There are things that people can do to give themselves very peaceful and even blissful experiences, but in the long-run, if the subtle body still needs to be purified, then that work has to be done. If it isn't, any experiences will only be temporary.

That is not to say that someone cannot go all the way home using only meditation practice. They certainly can do. But it is the slow boat to China and can take many lifetimes. So if you are serious about the spiritual journey, and it sounds as if you are, then developing a more full-scope practice, could well be the wisest move.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2018 :  9:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi,

Where is any of what you replied in the lessons? I don't remember any of it.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  05:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Christi,

Hi Lalow,

It is basically what the AYP lessons are about- the cultivation of a full-scope yoga practice.

If you are unsure about a particular aspect of it, maybe you could be more specific?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2018 :  05:30:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lalow, do you mean Spinal Breathing Pranayama, mudras (Yoni Mudra, Sambhavi Mudra, bandhas (Yoni Mudra, Mula Bandha...), asana, Samyama?

They are in the main directory, but also in the key lessons section at the left of every page of this site, including the one you are reading right now, under Notices section. Perhaps you may want to re-read everything.

Let´s not forget the very powerful Chin Pump.

quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Christi,

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  11:19:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I could have misread it. Chakras merge, are they really separate?. Layers of bodies merge.

I know what practices are on this site. I'm not sure the subtle body is that real(know what I mean?). So a statement that the subtle body has to be purified, it gets a little weird.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  12:57:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

The "subtle body" is a translation of the Sanskrit term "sukshma sharira". One aspect of it are the chakras and nadis, which, as you know, are discussed throughout the lessons. Yogani often refers to the system of chakras and nadis and the flows of energy through them, as the "subtle neurobiology".

For example in these lessons and lesson additions:

Lesson 331 - Non-Duality and Ecstatic Kundalini

"Kundalini is about the energetic development of our subtle neurobiology, giving rise to the direct perception of radiant Oneness in our environment. While even this perception is ultimately transcended, it is a necessary stepping stone that all who are on the path will take. If the process of kundalini is ignored, the aspirant will still experience it as part of the journey to realization in one form or other. " [Yogani]

Lesson 310 - Fasting - A Powerful Spiritual Practice

"In this mode, the body is much better able to overcome disease and obstructions in the organs, tissues and nervous system, including the subtle neurobiological blockages within us that are the primary inhibitors of our spiritual unfoldment." [Yogani]

Lesson Addition T60.1 - Training the Man for Cultivation of Ecstatic Natural Vajroli

"We do not regard vajroli as much a technique as a natural (and permanent) awakening of the subtle neurobiology in the pelvic region, resulting from all of the above-mentioned practices." [Yogani]

Lesson Addition 24.2 - Meditation for Illness and for Going Beyond Illness

"AYP Deep Meditation can be either cooling or warming at different times, depending on the process of inner purification and opening that is stimulated in the subtle neurobiology." [Yogani]

Lesson Addition 91.3 - Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka and the Tunnel and Star

"It is about permanently changing the functioning of our subtle neurobiology to higher functioning in daily living. This is not defined by visions ("scenery") in practice, but by ongoing daily practice and the resulting improvements we find coming in the quality of our everyday life." [Yogani]

Lesson Addition 151.2 - Relationship of Akasha and Pure Bliss Consciousness

"In the case of the sutra - "Akasha - Lightness of Air" - we are touching the finest quality of the body, the relationship of it to akasha and lightness, and releasing that in stillness/pure bliss consciousness. The result is purification and opening throughout the subtle neurobiology of the body, and a feeling of lightness." [Yogani]

I am more of a traditionalist than Yogani, so I tend to use the old fashioned terms. But, "subtle neurobiology" is the same thing.

And yes, chakras can be separate, but are also inter-dependant and can merge. Bodies can be separate, but again, are inter-dependent. The important thing is that purification has to happen at some stage, and cannot be overlooked.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  1:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still not being clear. I guess a definite statement like the subtle body has to be pure. Well, I've met people much further along than me that don't have a knowledge of a subtle body. If there are more than one lifetime, maybe they are born pasted that stuff.

P.S. With meditation only chakras are merging. Bodies are dissolving into one another. Not that I'm nice and even someone could tell.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  3:13:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

At a certain stage on the path, people develop the ability to see and feel their own subtle neurobiology and the subtle neurobiology of others. They can also see and feel the subtle bodies of beings who do not have any physical form. So if someone is not yet able to do that, it is because they have not yet reached that stage on the path.

Someone can reach a stage where they are very peaceful, very wise and very loving, and not yet have reached the stage where they are able to perceive the subtle body.

The purification of the subtle neurobiology is something that happens to everyone, regardless of the spiritual practices they are using at the time. Certain practices, such as Spinal Breathing Pranayama, will tend to purify the subtle neurobiology faster than other practices, which are designed more for the cultivation of peace and equanimity.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  3:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
But I'm not wise, always peaceful or loving. I can detect my E body that is collapsing, others, and I ignore most other beings cause I like sleep. Makes no sense to me. These people that can't feel/see E bodies seems way past me.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4431 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2018 :  3:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow,

Not everyone awakens in the same way, or with experiences occurring in the same order. For some people, energetic experiences will happen first. Others will experience states of bliss, samadhi and diving love, early on in their spiritual awakening. It sounds like in your case, you are experiencing the energetic aspects of awakening early on.

But whatever order people experience things in, during the beginning stages of the path, at some point, the subtle neurobiology will need to be purified, and will be, regardless of the preference of the individual. It will simply happen.

The purification of the subtle neurobiology leads to full-body ecstasy, which is one of the factors of enlightenment, the other factor being bliss.

The process of energetic awakening will tend to have its ups and downs (the highs and lows of ecstasy), and it can be difficult to always remain balanced during that phase. So if you are experiencing that, then I would say to be kind to yourself and self-pace as needed.

Christi

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000