New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Omsat

Belgium
267 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2014 :  8:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JackHenry,

Very good to hear you found relief already and the breath meditation seems to be working so well for you!

Breath Meditation is indeed a beautiful gift..

As and when you are planning to do asanas, you may wish to bring awareness of the breath in this practice also. It gives the asana practice a relaxing meditative feel and will fit perfectly with the sitting BM.

Best wishes with your practices!

quote:
Originally posted by JackHenry

Hello folks,

Many thanks for replies and encouragement. I have basically reset the system as suggested and have been doing nothing but 10 mins breathing meditation twice a day.

It's going well - peaceful and none of the weird stressful effects as with the mantra. If it continues like this then breathing meditation might well become my new favourite thing.

After all the never ending drama around the mantra yoga, whatever good I'm feeling now is probably at least half just my system unwinding with relief that I've stopped with the mantra - but it's not just that I think - I can feel the peaceful effects of just observing the breath, in and out of the session.

So hopefully things are looking up, but it is very early days. I'll keep at it a few weeks and report back if that's ok. I'll probably just stick with BM on its own for a short while, then add asanas if I feel ready.

Thank you again for the support

Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2014 :  2:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The mind is a mother f'er, ain't it? Hang in there buddy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000