New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  12:55:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Another year is coming to a close..

So, what lessons were learned in 2013? What openings propelled you this year? What teachings came your way? What teachers/gurus appeared in your life? What setbacks were encountered?

Would be lovely to hear.

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  1:58:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My life during 2013 has been difficult. as a result of lots of spiritual experimentation i've been trying to resolve spiritual direction and finally infact just tonight landed on the iam mantra again.

this is i guess as a result of my gurus assasination in tibet which has left me feeling guilty and at the same searching for another inspirational leader.

i guess "guru in me" is my answer a long with a lot of tears devotional singing and desperate bprayers after discovering that mine and Akong Tulku rinpoche's karma was connected.

a lot of letting go, meeting the demon lord death, entering the bardo and then returning. vowing to practice.

facing a great deal of physical karma and trying desperately to believe that all of it is just a vast delusion of suffering, more contemplation on impermanence and then discovering how awesomely powerful and scary the bardo is for someone in delusion and thus returning to practice.

so now i've discovered how powerful the samyama prayers have been along with the all seeing eye of another guru in India and then researching into a practice called chod

which thus returned me, somehow to the IAM mantra.

and thus contemplation of IAM and really knuckling down for the journey of a lifetime with conditions perfect the wind blowing in the right direction and a bit of sun on my back.

fighting a powerful oceanic naga spirit which almost froze me to death.

all in all its been a massively powerful and extremely difficult year but within that is an earnestness to continue, to practice and to liberate myself from samsara, ignorance, death and selfishness of the I.

lol, what a year it has been.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  01:07:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting !

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  07:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Joseph, that's a really full year with many learnings

My 2013 has been pretty harsh as well. Waiting for a job to manifest (just started working this week), feeling like I am just drifting, yes continuing practices with blazing Bhakti and spiritual interest, but aside from spirituality as a life path having no other interest except meeting with friends frequently, movies, etc. feeling alone wanting a relationship, hoping that some interest would pop it's head up that I could pursue as a career but having none (still don't, the job is a simple temporary monotonic job).

But I really feel that things are now starting to manifest for me for the better, beginning with a job and maybe a relationship (hoping), and I feel like 2014 will be good

Much Love all

And kami would love to hear your 2013 too!!

Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  11:48:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes its been interesting. I too have similar worldly problems, but i guess i've been so overwhelmed with spiritual openings that they seemed insignificant at the time of writing.

I must admit one issue i'm finding hard at the moment is matching my deep interest and growing bhakti (still in nascent form i think) with my outer world which involves voluntary work, friends, female interest.

i guess i've gone off topic which is a bit cheeky.

hope things do improve for you yonantan in 2014.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  12:50:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing so openly and honestly, Joseph and Yonatan. Wish you a fulfilling 2014!

It has been a year of softening for me, as I've recently shared in the posts in tantra - falling deeper into self-acceptance is apparently what is called for here. I was led to powerful practices in tantra this summer, which have had a huge impact on my life in general.

Many revelations have also come by - was discussing one such profound revelation with my dear friend Parallax recently. And it has to do with subtle (or not so subtle) arriving at a sense of attainment when there is a huge opening, and the cascading effects of how one starts viewing himself/herself thereafter, quickly and unknowingly slipping down Maya's trap. After a profound opening in 2012, all knowledge seemed to open up within me. As I shared that here and elsewhere, there was a subtle self-imposed pressure to be that person that knew, even after it had passed. Perhaps long-term practitioners become afraid to ask supposed "basic" questions, or to admit that the learning and growth never ends.. To admit not knowing openly (and to oneself) takes incredible courage and humility, particularly if one becomes accustomed to being the one that answers others' questions.. Either way, this year I began to see the arrogance within, and to practice letting of "knowing" or of "being somewhere". And it is beautiful to not know. More beautiful to not care.

Love and blessings to all for a wonderful holiday season and new year.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  2:33:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for a good question and opening for reflection!

2012 was the toughest year ever for me with unemployment, economic hardships, 8 deaths/sicknesses/serious injuries in my nearest network, a destructive relationship, finding out abut addictions and codependency... phew....

So after that, 2013 was a fabulous year, with loads and loads of insights, healing, new friendships, new networks, new energy, getting back to work, recovering from both worldly and spiritual illusions, regaining strength, self-compassion and compassion with others... Learning first and foremost to welcome uncomfortable feelings and being radically honest to myself and others! A totally fantastic year now ending with a really, really strong sense of pouring out love, energy, creativity and compassion. I suddenly find myself in a dream situation and a position where I'm being really useful in the world. Not holding myself back any longer. Quit being occupied with my own well-being. Just following the flow and good things are getting done! Harvesting! Fruition!

Whatever 2014 is gonna bring it will be perfect! No matter if the Flow of Good continues or if it brings "misery" and hardships. I'm looking forward to whatever Life will bring! But it feels as if it's time to go out there and continue to Create.
Go to Top of Page

JosephUK

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  3:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your insightful and yet mysterious expression kami, and thanks for asking.

sometimes i feel more energy on this website and gain more understanding from that than i do from the words.

for those who have the physical endurance, the mental strength and the sheer audacity to challenge this world and its mortality is a hero/heroin.

so I offer all you yogis and yoginis the deepest respect.

The year has reached its ebb and with it great changes are afoot.

The yoga we practice now will forever mark us with karma no matter what our achievement.

It is a deeply tragic and difficult world we live in but within that is the sublime beauty of enlightenment, and the work of the Bodhisattva to bring peace and stability is tireless.

May we all find a way of effecting positive change for ourselves and thus our world.

lets drink the nectar of immortality and say here's to the cessation of suffering for all beings.

Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  5:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My year.

This year my gall bladder failed. The professionals at the hospital removed it and I'm back to health. Many people prayed for me, AYP friends included. It leaves me feeling humbled, aware of my physical limits (I'd be dead if not for medical help), and aware of my gratitude for the caring of others.

This year I participated in the AYP retreat in Michigan which kami organized. I am flooded with love and gratitude for the presence and actions of everyone at the retreat and those I traveled with.

This year I felt that the AYP Support Forum was graced with a difference from other years. A core of more mature practitioners perhaps. I found myself doing less direct contributing and enjoying what others wrote more.

This year I became more aware that progress in yoga does not necessarily equate with "emotional intelligence." I have more to learn about my emotions in terms of talking responsibility for my own reactions and actions around my emotional life. If I have a "new years resolution" it has to do with taking steps toward a more mature emotional life.

Following a non-duality retreat with Rupert Spira last winter, this was a year of practicing conscious softening of my separate self sense. Experiencing the intimacy of direct experience. The shift that happened in that retreat was of course in part the fruit of AYP practices before and after.

This year was like any other year: another opportunity to love and experience and grow, a year to look back on and say to everyone in my life, I'm grateful... please forgive me my "trespasses"... I forgive you yours....

Namaste,

Bewell

Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  7:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Kami and Joseph for the well wishes. Wishing you and all here much love, grace and peace for 2014.

Thank you Kami, emc and Bewell for sharing. So beautiful your experience of 2013 emc!!

Bewell, your words made me emotional And also, I have also experienced the same feelings with the forum being more mature, maybe more quiet and relaxed, which is nice and also haven't participated as much as the past years, which is fine was also just happy to read others' posts.

Loving your peaceful words Joseph

Love!! And happy 2014 everyone

Edited by - Yonatan on Dec 12 2013 7:54:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  9:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

... Learning first and foremost to welcome uncomfortable feelings and being radically honest to myself and others!

So perfectly said emc!! This part about welcoming within myself and being radically honest with myself rings 200% true - my greatest learning so far.

Your authenticity that comes through in your posts has been a huge inspiration for me over the years. Not just here, but also in social media. People like you with this pure honesty inspire me to see any discordance within myself and inquire into it, and accept nothing less - cannot thank you enough.

May the new year bring you more fabulous gifts!! Wish you love and joy always.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2013 :  10:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

My year.

This year my gall bladder failed. The professionals at the hospital removed it and I'm back to health. Many people prayed for me, AYP friends included. It leaves me feeling humbled, aware of my physical limits (I'd be dead if not for medical help), and aware of my gratitude for the caring of others.

This year I participated in the AYP retreat in Michigan which kami organized. I am flooded with love and gratitude for the presence and actions of everyone at the retreat and those I traveled with.

This year I felt that the AYP Support Forum was graced with a difference from other years. A core of more mature practitioners perhaps. I found myself doing less direct contributing and enjoying what others wrote more.

This year I became more aware that progress in yoga does not necessarily equate with "emotional intelligence." I have more to learn about my emotions in terms of talking responsibility for my own reactions and actions around my emotional life. If I have a "new years resolution" it has to do with taking steps toward a more mature emotional life.

Following a non-duality retreat with Rupert Spira last winter, this was a year of practicing conscious softening of my separate self sense. Experiencing the intimacy of direct experience. The shift that happened in that retreat was of course in part the fruit of AYP practices before and after.

This year was like any other year: another opportunity to love and experience and grow, a year to look back on and say to everyone in my life, I'm grateful... please forgive me my "trespasses"... I forgive you yours....

Namaste,

Bewell

Thank you for sharing and for your loving presence Bewell.

The AYP retreat was a major highlight of 2013 for sure! Adore your wisdom and simplicity - there is no way I can think of Insight Dialogue without recalling your superb leadership at the retreat. I learn so much from you my dear friend - thank you.

Wish you health, happiness, openings and the maturity you seek this coming year.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  12:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kami,

Thank you for asking, and thank you also for your honest sharing. Thanks likewise to everyone else for sharing. It seems that many of us are in the same boat to a large extent.

There is an ancient Chinese curse that says "May you live in interesting times." and they don't mean "interesting" as something positive. I would say that 2013 has been one of the most, if not THE most, "interesting" of my life from a material perspective.

The year has gifted me with a series of disasters involving defective trailer plumbing (recalled pipes which for some reason were not noticed on the inspection when the trailer was purchased in 2001, and had now all begun to leak), which attracted hordes of brilliant rats who could evade all traps (humane, inhumane and everything in between) and largely immune to poison; a minor fire caused by my attempt to repel the rats by spraying peppermint oil into the walls and floor, which turned out to be flammable when mixed with rat poo (isn't science wonderful?!); a minor flood when the fire thankfully caused a defective pipe to burst and put out the fire; roof leaks and subsequent Black Mold. The extremely unusual all summer long storm - we had maybe 3 sunny days between May 18 and Labor Day - busted our dam, lost our pond and all our pet fish and turtles; busted the upstream neighbor's dam, creating a mini-tsunami down our driveway and ending in our yard, where a sinkhole opened less than 20 feet from the trailer.

Meanwhile, all my businesses utterly failed despite lots of hard work and extensive advertising, including the cleaning & design business and the yoga studio. Was very excited to be hired by an online counseling service based in India (which therefore does not require the Florida license I cannot obtain) to be able to finally work in my field! But have had very little business since starting with them in August. Therefore have been juggling 3 or 4 part-time jobs, none of which pays enough to go full-time. Still have not found a way to make a living and the downward spiral of debt is quite alarming. Began studying to get certified in medical coding & billing in hope of finding a halfway decent job; with over 20 years' experience in medicine this should be easy for me, but have been too exhausted to study much.

Opened my new yoga studio here at the house we built, after renovations - gorgeous!! Established a religious non-profit organization to teach yoga on a donation basis. But, zero students despite massive advertising (again, probably due to location, as before).

As a result of exposure to the Black Mold, probably in combination with trying to renovate the trailer and the house while working 3 jobs, I had a relapse of an illness (CFIDS) that had been in remission for 15 years and I had believed was cured, so have been sick quite a bit this year. Currently getting over a bout of pneumonia that has lasted over 2 weeks now.

But, on the other hand - spiritually everything is GREAT. Everything is perfect for our liberation. As Ram Dass said, "It's all grist for the mill." Opportunities for purification and letting go. I have absolutely no f*ing idea how I am going to materially survive - and that's ok. It is an utter abandonment of oneself into God's hands. It is a sense of trust even when things look quite bleak from the worldly standpoint. Inner peace and Bliss, while watching this un-fricking-believable soap opera and cannot help being mildly amused. Interesting: If "things" externally weren't so difficult, would the inner Bliss be as noticeable? Would the ecstasy be so intense, were I not compelled to throw myself at His feet with such abandon?

Aren't these external "difficulties" just perfect for shaking us loose from our last remaining worldly attachments?

So, my brothers and sisters for whom 2013 has been materially challenging, you have my sympathy - REALLY! How wonderful to know that we are not alone, we are in the most excellent company!! This sangha is so precious and I love you guys so very much. My heartfelt thanks to every one of you for your encouragement, inspiration and fellowship.
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  07:50:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Radharani,

Thank you so much for sharing (((HUG))). Very "interesting" times! It is incredible how you hold up through all this.

And you are so right about this sangha - there is much to learn from one another..

May this coming year ease up on "interesting" and move in the direction of stability and abundance. May Mother Lakshmi grace you with her kind glance.

Much love.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  07:57:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
All these doorways to liberation!

Another way of saying, life can be rough.

As they sang, 'that's life!' And it will always be filled with ups and downs. In 2013, I've been blessed with great relationships of family and friends. At times, work has been there, and other times not at all. Health has been not so good. Changing circumstances and rocky roads, in hindsight, have been a gift in this year, propelling me to new frontiers.

The big thing in 2013 was equanimity. And balance. Never found that before in all my years on this planet. This body and mind have been through a lot, but that something I was looking for all those years is here, and it showed up at my doorstep rather quietetly.

I feel blessed beyond belief to have found this satsang, Yogani and AYP. Years of debilitating purification is coming to an end, and much more quickly than it would have without this company or these practices!

My heart is full of gratitude and thankfulness.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  1:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

Aren't these external "difficulties" just perfect for shaking us loose from our last remaining worldly attachments?

Thanks for sharing Rad

That's about the gist of it! Attachments keep us from our true nature. Living free means no attachments, nothing to adore but the Self. And we shake ourselves until the bonds are loose.

I wish you a great 2014
Go to Top of Page

chinmayo

Finland
67 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  4:05:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for asking!

2013 has been interesting. Many internal changes after I started meditating regularly and had the K awakening. Loss of the old social scene due to my losing interest in the usual social activities and interests. Also, I seem to have lost the innate feeling of loneliness and also the interest in or the need of relationships. I have been reading a lot of books lately, mostly spiritual and religious ones. I've gotten the habit of doing yoga + other physical activities daily to keep in shape. Also began taking the musical projects more seriously as a form of expression, and taking the idea of doing the absolute best I can as my mo. I try not to label these as good or bad, but I recognize this is a phase. I see it as I have to let go of old patterns and attachments to give space to something new. Sometimes there is a bit anxiety in me if I think of my life compared to the social norm and day by day I feel less compatible with the current disconnected-from-reality kind of socio-economical system. Having achieved a lot of things I thought would bring happiness into my life and eventually finding out it doesn't, it is easier to think that there has to be more than that craziness.

Then again I my self AM content to my state of being and I feel that there is a purpose for all this. Let's see what the year 2014 is going to bring - all I know that the change is not going to stop. For anyone of us.

Blessed love!
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  4:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kami, thank you for the invitation to reflect. I’m enjoying and gaining much inspiration from reading about everyone’s year. I’m grateful to all who’ve written here.

This year was a total gamechanger. High octane ride all the way. My world was turned upside-down, my self-concept stripped bare. I felt torn open, and layers of self-delusion, ego B.S., and shadow stuff were exposed to the light.

In March, an ongoing situation pushed me to my breaking point. I exploded in a fireball of rage. It was quite ugly and destructive. I've avoided confrontation and thoroughly suppressed my anger for 20+ years, so this came as a shock. I thought I'd transcended anger. WRONG!

This event changed everything. My "peaceful, helpful, yogic nice guy" persona was suddenly revoked and I no longer knew who I was. I felt lost and confused. I struggled with anger, depression, and alcohol abuse. I reached my breaking point too many times to count. My AYP practice collapsed despite a heroic struggle to sustain it. I was forced to surrender control of every aspect of my life.

I committed to being emotionally honest, to take responsibility, to face my demons, and to be completely open to my experience.

I did the Presence Process twice. It profoundly transformed my life. It helped me integrate my anger and discomfort to a large degree. A lot of stuff has been stripped away. Life feels new and unknown again.

Somewhere along the road to now, I began to find my voice and reclaim personal power. I discovered qualities in myself that I hadn't known or experienced much of: inner strength, confidence, willpower, resilience, passion, fearlessness, the ability to set boundaries, to confront people when needed, the desire to be here instead of escape. I feel spontaneous, enlivened and untamed, like a wild naked jungle beast roaring at the top of its lungs.

The year's turmoil also showed me the strength of my marriage, and the depth of love my wife and I have for each other. My wife is a truly amazing, inspiring, strong, beautiful woman. Despite having her own personal struggles, and being the primary recipient/witness of my fury, she remained patient and loving with me. She stayed strong, lighthearted, and positive, always forgave, never judged. She was my rock when everything else was falling apart. I would’ve destroyed myself if not for her unshakable love. I’m deeply grateful to be blessed with her presence in my life. I love her beyond words.

2 days ago, I returned to my AYP practice. I'm only doing 1x session per day for now, while I gauge my sensitivity. So far, so good. I’m finding that my sessions fly by. I seem to have more patience and enjoyment for the practice.

Things are calmer and happier now, but I’m under no illusions of being “done” with anything or “out of the woods”. I haven’t found my balance, and I’m still prone to angry reactions. This is only the beginning of my journey towards wholeness and integration, and regaining my stability.

Love and gratitude to all of you. Have a blessed 2014!

Namaste,
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  5:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

Dear Radharani,

Thank you so much for sharing (((HUG))). Very "interesting" times! It is incredible how you hold up through all this.

And you are so right about this sangha - there is much to learn from one another..

May this coming year ease up on "interesting" and move in the direction of stability and abundance. May Mother Lakshmi grace you with her kind glance.

Much love.

Thanks so much, dear!
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  5:57:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

quote:
Originally posted by Radharani

Thanks for sharing Rad

That's about the gist of it! Attachments keep us from our true nature. Living free means no attachments, nothing to adore but the Self. And we shake ourselves until the bonds are loose.

I wish you a great 2014

Thanks! the same to you.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2013 :  8:26:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This has been the best year of my life. I am emboldened.

I see worlds collapsing and generating around me. It is too much to ponder for long.

My words are false, dangerous, and sincere. The dear Prophet says: “Our commandment is but one Word, as the twinkling of an eye.”

We sing and we dance, rising and falling. Coming to fore and receding. Who am I to say?

I have learned nothing. I have unlearned everything. Here we are. Why are we sad and tired?

Wildflower

His garden was bright--
Fragrant worlds bloomed.
Every spring their smell
In ancient woodlands loomed.

From up high they saw
Every fair bud and stem
Until he gazed in awe
At a nascent, wild gem.

Of the wildflower he had heard
How the wicked let it grow,
Yet in his pride he was assured
Such ageless beauty he could know.

Motley, strange, and small,
It sang late in the night.
But soon it became tall,
Waxed with evil might!

Amorphous was the weed--
Twisted, dark, and dense.
To it he bent in deed,
Heedless of recompense.

Sinuous roots grew
Under stone and earth--
Hungrily they drew
From the garden’s mirth.

Afraid, he built a wall
To hide the sight from men.
Yet the forest did see all
Till it was spring again.

Red, purple, gray, and black
Was the profane fruit--
On its flesh he would snack,
Thought of virtue dead and moot.

Flimsy, his wall reeled,
So he devised to bring
Boards and stone to shield
His ugly fancy, so obscene.

The lonely garden, fully dried
Left him sad and desperate.
But finally sin he decried--
In drought appeared his respite.

He found in supplication
A brilliant axe of gold.
He felled in annihilation
Wall and weed and mold.

[Of the humble, fertile plot
The old growth now approves.
His soft garden, free of rot
Once more lives and moves.]
Sibilant stems shot forth,
One hundred and ten.
From severed stump they morphed
His peace and sanity to rend.

Cruelty savored his dread,
Iridescently shining,
And cackled when he said,
“Your axe’s glow was blinding.”
She opens, wild!
Unafraid, unfettered,
Into starry twilight.
Her beauty is free.

Three maidens danced,
As violet petals,
Pouring fragrance
From a water lotus.

And he heard
Their singing,
Pure, hypnotic,
Sweet, and resonant.

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  05:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you so much, Kami! Wish you all the best for 2014!
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  4:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami
So, what lessons were learned in 2013? What openings propelled you this year? What teachings came your way? What teachers/gurus appeared in your life? What setbacks were encountered?

Well, before this year's up here, wanted to add that I've gradually built up to using almost all of the AYP practices, minus some of the shatkarmas, mantra enhancements, diet, cosmic samyama, and the very advanced energy practices (targeted bastrika, crown testing, kechari stage 2) in addition to minor customizations and 'other practices' tagging on.

Session lengths have been a concern with all that, but stability's never been a problem, and a sitting manages to improve sense of wellness all round very consistently now, even if there's nearly no scenery or energy sensations. Got to be patient, and keep at it.

Have a great new year Kami and everyone!
Go to Top of Page

NoDogma

USA
123 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  10:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it was awesome :-)

I lost my job in March and instead of looking for another, I worked on my own project (no money yet) 8 months, 7 days a week with only 5 days off. Am still doing it .. not yet sure if it will pay off monetarily :-)

but yeah, all that satisfaction and then add progress in Yoga and joining all of you ! ..... that's bliss.

--Savyasachi
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2014 :  7:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
2013 was awesome!

It feels like life kicked it up a notch in terms of the amount of stuff going on, but instead of becoming emotionally overwhelmed and physically sick, I'm just riding the wave with a smile on my face -- well mostly.

There was the Indiana retreat in March, and the people who showed up made me feel like the luckiest person alive. It was such a great group, and I learned an immense amount from them. I'm very grateful for their presence.

The Skype meditations have been eye-opening and wonderful experiences as well with such a warm group of practitioners.

Then there was your retreat in May, where again, I learned an immense amount. But there was also a bona-fide, big deal miracle (probably just one of many at that retreat). I mentioned my right hip giving me a ton of pain the first two days... It only hurt while I was meditating or contemplating, so I knew that it wasn't normal pain. My right hip had been clicking and popping like crazy for at least the last 20 years. After the pain went away on Sunday, the hip stopped popping. Permanently. I guess an old injury healed or a a really big energy block was released, or maybe those two scenarios are really the same thing…

A few months ago, I was idly wondering to myself if my neck would also stop cracking so much if there was a similar energy block released in the throat chakra.
A few days after my idle musing, I experienced a huge surge in the throat. It felt like a balloon expanding and choking me, but I just let it do it's thing and, sure enough, my neck has stopped cracking.

Also slouching has become intolerable. I'm no longer comfortable when my spine is slumped and my shoulders forward. When I stopped slouching, I realized that my shirts were two sizes too small. I don't know if I was slouching to squeeze into my clothes, or if my clothes fit because I slouched all the time, but the result was that I had to get some new clothes. I didn't mind.

The family is happy, and the kids are doing well, so I have everything to be grateful for!

Edited by - whippoorwill on Jan 06 2014 8:07:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  6:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great whippoorwill. I'm intrigued by your story of healing as it relates to improved posture.

Namaste,

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000