AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Uniqueness and the Whole
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  12:06:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In my e-mail list, I read the names of the people I know--each one from a different time or place--some of them have met, some will never meet. I realize I am a little spoke in the wheel through which, directly and indirectly, these people across the globe are connected. And each of them, in turn, is their own spoke connecting more people in the infinite wheel of creation. Each person contains their own characteristics in my mind--so distinctly unique and memorable for their uniqueness. And when I contemplate this reality, and sweep through my heart-mind--marveling at the miracle of all these individuals joined as a whole, I lament at the de-personalization that runs in certain spiritual trends. I recoil in semi-disgust when I read the teachers who try to eliminate the elements of mythology, personal stories, individuality, and diversity amongst cosmic life.

I'm not going to name any names, nor bash, but I find it important to say that the miracle of life is found in the exquisite and transitory details of each person's life. Sure, there is an infinite awareness and unchanging backdrop upon which these details play out, and to become intimately joined with this stillness is a necessity of personal and collective evolution, but to get lost in a void of abstraction is such a shame, to me.

Joseph Campbell, the wonderful spiritual scholar, spoke of the importance of becoming your own hero in the epic story of your personal life. He said: follow your bliss. And if the bliss is real, you will naturally be helping other people. You will be contributing with purpose and meaning to the comedic drama of manifestation.

With some of these teachers, it seems as if their primary goal is to eliminate themselves, to be absorbed into an homogeneous, undifferentiated state of non-being. They don't tell many stories; they mainly speak in clever patterns of circular cancellation...insisting that the "ego" or personality is not real. How ironic! Crowds are drawn to them as they deconstruct, debilitate, and devalue the phenomenon of personality...even as they collect money, attention, and energy by drawing people into their story of no-story, their speaking of no-speaking, their double talk and semi-serenity--lacking ecstasy, color, flavor, and character. It's a drab, black-and-white, sedative show that reminds me of Karl Marx's quote that religion is an opiate for the masses.

Sure, everyone has their own style, and if it suits you and brings you closer to God, then amen. It's not really hurting anyone. It's just making spiritual life boring.

I am overflowing with gratitude, with love, with joy and hope, when I review the names on my e-mail list--knowing that each of them is unique and has something special to offer to humanity, and to a broader scope of existence. I think I'll celebrate, accentuate, and enrich that miracle.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm mainly looking to see if anyone resonates with the notion that uniqueness (and the utilization of personal stories) is not a barrier to enlightenment or spiritual progress.

Unity. Strength. Wisdom.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Aug 28 2013 12:09:27 AM

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  07:48:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

With some of these teachers, it seems as if their primary goal is to eliminate themselves, to be absorbed into an homogeneous, undifferentiated state of non-being. They don't tell many stories; they mainly speak in clever patterns of circular cancellation...insisting that the "ego" or personality is not real.

I would have to say that the ego, our separate sense of self, is not real. And it is possible for the "experiencer" to disappear and be absorbed in the whole of experience.

But I also think this is an intermediate stage. I think that some people get stuck there and some people backslide from there. I think the experience of being stuck there is an experience of aridity, where nothing at all matters in any way. There's no enjoyment. And I think people backslide from there when they make a big story of "no-self." They've identified themselves with the concept of "no-self" instead of simply being.

The next stage is where the separate sense of self is gone, and the infinite comes through. ("Stillness in Action") You are everything, and everything is you. I associate such complete joy with this stage.

So I would put the three stages as:
* Identified and separate
* No-thing
* Infinite

I also don't think that a person necessarily progresses from one stage to the next in a linear fashion. I think it's possible for all three stages to be present in the same person during any given timeframe.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  6:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, whippoorwill. That all resonates with me very deeply. Honestly, I value your short explanation over pages and pages of other Advaita teachers I've read.

The only place I differ slightly is in the "real" category. I operate from a place of deep, intuitive knowingness, which tells me: there is nothing that is not real. In other words, everything is real--it's just that some things are realer than others. Even the most delusional, hallucinated mirage still has an element of reality in it. It may just be an imagined shadow, a fanciful dream, a rambling ego-thought...but there is still a shred of reality in it. So, again, I repeat: there is nothing that is not real.

However, if you are a magician by trade, or an Advaita teacher, then it is advantageous to pretend that some things are not real--like the ego. Then you can keep your audience guessing and intrigued by your play of words or sleights of hand. See the game?

So, in that sense, if your 3-stage layout results in a perception of all reality as infinite, how can anything be un-real from that perspective? All is simply unfolding in layers from that infinite source, of which each individual is a part. A hologram of fractal points each linking into infinity.

I think your 2nd paragraph is brilliant, and you've astutely captured the non-duality trap of clinging to no-self. From my perspective, I see it clear as crystal in quite a few teachers; it's written all over their mannerisms, their subtle face twitches, their tone of voice, their choice of language, and what questions they avoid or scoff at...so many clues are available when one has a sharp and discerning eye and wants to detect the illusion of attainment.

I think that'll be my new job...the Sherlock Holmes who sniffs out the no-selfers. I just need a hound dog and a Dr. Watson.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  7:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thank you, whippoorwill. That all resonates with me very deeply. Honestly, I value your short explanation over pages and pages of other Advaita teachers I've read.

Aw shucks.

quote:

The only place I differ slightly is in the "real" category. I operate from a place of deep, intuitive knowingness, which tells me: there is nothing that is not real. In other words, everything is real--it's just that some things are realer than others. Even the most delusional, hallucinated mirage still has an element of reality in it. It may just be an imagined shadow, a fanciful dream, a rambling ego-thought...but there is still a shred of reality in it. So, again, I repeat: there is nothing that is not real.

Yeah, I think the key is in the definition of real. If one insists that something is only real if it is forever existent and unchanging, then nothing in this ever-changing world is real.

However, if you view everything that comes into one's awareness as real, then all experience is real. And it is.

I don't really have any good logical resolution to this. Maybe more experienced Adviatans do.

When I step on a sharp rock barefoot, it still feels pretty darn real.

quote:

I think that'll be my new job...the Sherlock Holmes who sniffs out the no-selfers. I just need a hound dog and a Dr. Watson.

The Hound of Baskerville!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2013 :  8:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Once again, brilliant and simple, whippoorwill. Thank you. No need to consult any Advaitans. You already solved the riddle by revealing that it is a matter of perception and perspective. This is the crux of Einstein's theory of relativity. But we don't have to understand the math; we just have to get in touch with our natural state of mind/being, surrender to the foundation of joy within, and discard any obstructions that are blocking that fundamental baseline. Once in touch with this supreme reality, we can move more effortlessly: stillness in action.
Go to Top of Page

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  05:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh! Yay! Brainwave!! I think I found the logical key to reconciling those two points of view.

So I think the heart and soul of adviata is this:

There is only one reality.

Only the ever-present and unchanging is real. (Nothing in this ever-changing world is real.)

Awareness is ever present and unchanging. (Awareness is real.)

No experience ever takes place outside of awareness. (Everything is awareness; everything is real.)

And this has all sorts of implications...

Edited by - whippoorwill on Aug 29 2013 07:52:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  09:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by whippoorwill

And this has all sorts of implications...

Like, this: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=13271

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  09:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is beautiful Very grateful for the words shared

There is a sufi saying: There are paths to God as many as there are individual beings.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  2:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, whippoorwill! That's it!

If it can be imagined, it can become true (samyama). Space and time are the platform for the creative impulse of life. Awareness is the fabric of the matrix of manifestation. True non-duality, not separate witness. Witness engaged in the flow of unity.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2013 :  7:05:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Bodhi!

Great topic, beautifully expressed. Your post has provoked some contemplation and inquiry for me.

What you’re expressing resonates with me. My take is that there’s certainly room for personality, myth, and individual human expression, and in fact there’s great beauty in that. There is clearly also a transcendent aspect that sees through the individual/transitory, but I see no point in denying the reality of the individual as an experience. What feels right to me at this point in my journey is to honor both the transcendent and personal aspects of my experience without favoring one to the exclusion of the other.

While I’ve gotten value out of some advaita discussions, I’m not a fan of manufacturing an identity around no-self. That seems more like a costume change than a core shift of identity. I prefer to see through the limited role I play and continue to act through it, rather than pretend that there’s no show and no role to play. And no actor, for that matter.

I feel that myth is a beneficial lens to view reality through. I define myth as a story whose power to impact one’s experience is independent of its literal truth. Many could agree that the stories of Buddha, Jesus, and the like are myths, but so are the stories of cosmic, Bodhi Tree, and everyone else on the planet. I would extend myth to encompass the human story, science, our shared “consensus reality”, and anything we believe to be real. None of these stories need to be literally true in order to be meaningful and impactful, including our own personal experience as a human in the world.

But I rant.

Much love and gratitude, brotha

cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  7:49:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is fantastic, cosmic. Thank you for ranting on the matter, and for that matter, keep on ranting.

You can see what I'm really doing is chastising myself. I'm really calling on myself to realize these truths.

Alright, I'm done. Back to hanging out with recovering addicts, playing music, harvesting organs for transplants, and cultivating inner silence while riding on the wings of ecstatic bliss.

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Sep 01 2013 9:15:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2013 :  8:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. Maybe I'm just a narcissistic maniac that's highly delusional. Let's not, I repeat--let's not--rule that out!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  04:38:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bodhi and all,

During a long walk in the woods today I sat down for a while... This topic suddenly came to mind... And I was there feeling as one with it all yet me... All that advaita stuff is right... Some people might undertake the negation path... Some an all embracing path... All good... All is one and one is all... Or.. None is one and one is none... Both you and the pure advaitan are right... At least that's the way I see it from these eyes... I remember a sentence I've read once for Yogani: "If it is a contradiction then it must be right."(I hope it's for him)

The words "Stillness in action" ring a bell also.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  08:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Ananda. Yes indeed, thank you for sharing your experience. I hope your knowingness broadens and deepens. Like you, I also recognize these truths to be simple paradoxes. Stillness in action.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  10:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Bodhi Tree, let us celebrate! Thank you.

Ananda, your Sufi saying is wondrous.

Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  12:17:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

P.S. Maybe I'm just a narcissistic maniac that's highly delusional. Let's not, I repeat--let's not--rule that out!

No, let's not!!

Love you Bodhi. Thank you for sharing your heart with us all..
Go to Top of Page

mr_anderson

USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  12:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit mr_anderson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bodhi,

Advaita is merely a teaching tool. The teaching, in its true nature, doesn't have anything to do with contradictions, beliefs, opinions, dogma, rigidity and mental points of view: not the student's, nor the teacher's. We can leave all that bother to thought and the mind.

What Advaita is, is a contemplative spiritual practice, to be integrated relationally with meditation, that results in decreased suffering, increased joy, and a liberating, happy sense of not being separate from anything.

The joyful realization-experiences that can sometimes arise out of this contemplative spiritual practice are often described with terms like "no self", "the universe is illusory/transparent", "I am awareness", "I am everything", "I am nothing". But really such descriptions are just a bunch of words and concepts. These words seem to solidify experience into a sort of rigid, fixed, binary position. But there's nothing rigid, fixed or binary about experience.

As soon as any teacher attempts to communicate he enters into a maze of words, concepts and ideas. He himself and more so his students can get lost there, bashing their heads against the walls. Why bother even trying to communicate then?

Well because if every one just kept their mouth shut about experience, where would all our spiritual traditions be? Furthermore, and perhaps primarily, when one is taken to a liberating experience or identity shift to formlessness by a certain understanding, one feels joyfully called to share it, express it, wishing to alleviate others of suffering. The majority of Advaita teachers I have known have been driven by this urge to joyfully express and help, I haven't experienced any shady or egotistical motivations so far - but surely there are a handful, as in any spectrum of society. Human beings are all flawed, but the teachers I've met, known and loved have been some of the best examples of humble, sensitive, human decency that I've encountered.

So as spiritual practitioner, whose aim is just to make progress, if the intuitive draw to Advaita is there we act on it: perhaps starting with one simple question like "What am I?" and staying with this, meditatively, deeply searching, for many months or even years, and in the meantime not allowing our mind to get too bothered or interested by the floods of apparently contradictory concepts and ideas out in the teaching world.

One thing's for sure: If you feel a strong sense of inner resistance or annoyance at a particular teacher or teaching, unless they've directly acted in an abusive way toward you personally, then it's because your mind is banging up against the concepts and ideas of their teaching (non-relational), rather than just very calmly and gently contemplating their ideas in the form of a meditative spiritual practice aimed at bringing liberation or a greater insight.

The teacher doesn't hold responsibility when our minds bang up against their ideas and cause us discomfort, that's a projection, and its outcome will hopefully be a lesson in discernment so we save ourselves the bother of it happening more than once (or in my case I kept on banging my head repeatedly for about 3 years ). When I read U.G. Krishnamurti I used to want weep afterwards In the meantime, the debate of someone elses concepts and ideas does little to further anyone's spiritual progress, and it doesn't have anything to do with what Advaita is about.

Love,

Josh

Edited by - mr_anderson on Sep 01 2013 12:36:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2013 :  7:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Anima, kami, and mr. anderson.

Advaita is a beautiful teaching style, and I'm glad people can use it as a tool for liberation.

One last thing, and that is: words and ideas matter. If ideas didn't matter, why would we practice samyama? These things have consequences. Teachers that disseminate words and ideas should be held accountable and responsible for their teachings. Ultimately, it's karma that will do the dirty work, but I think, as humans, we are instruments of karma and co-regulators of each other, so to speak. Watching each other's back, you know.

Some of my greatest heroes (spiritual and otherwise) began in the realm of ideas, and manifested these ideas into action. Some of the more horrifying men in history started their nightmares by bring erroneous and detrimental ideas into manifestation (like the idea of racial superiority, for instance--Adolf Hitler). Thank God we had people like MLK, Jr. to bring purer and more sustainable ideas into manifestation (racial equality).

I love practicing the core sutras of samyama everyday: love, radiance, unity, health, strength, wisdom, abundance, inner sensuality, lightness of air...and last but not least...I-thought: who am I? LOL! A great question, of course.

May everyone find their own answer, and may that answer be filled with joy.
Go to Top of Page

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2013 :  9:59:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Its like you can be whole and you simultaneously. for example in shopping centre u can feel a bit as crowd and as individual shopper :D
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2013 :  11:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thank you Anima, kami, and mr. anderson.

Advaita is a beautiful teaching style, and I'm glad people can use it as a tool for liberation.

One last thing, and that is: words and ideas matter. If ideas didn't matter, why would we practice samyama? These things have consequences. Teachers that disseminate words and ideas should be held accountable and responsible for their teachings. Ultimately, it's karma that will do the dirty work, but I think, as humans, we are instruments of karma and co-regulators of each other, so to speak. Watching each other's back, you know.

Some of my greatest heroes (spiritual and otherwise) began in the realm of ideas, and manifested these ideas into action. Some of the more horrifying men in history started their nightmares by bring erroneous and detrimental ideas into manifestation (like the idea of racial superiority, for instance--Adolf Hitler). Thank God we had people like MLK, Jr. to bring purer and more sustainable ideas into manifestation (racial equality).

I love practicing the core sutras of samyama everyday: love, radiance, unity, health, strength, wisdom, abundance, inner sensuality, lightness of air...and last but not least...I-thought: who am I? LOL! A great question, of course.

May everyone find their own answer, and may that answer be filled with joy.

Great post Bodhi, and great responses.

In my experience we can experience ultimate samadhi and be nothing but a vehicle for the Self, but there is still the vehicle, the soul and body, not that its different than other things, but it maintains individuality even in total oneness.

So, the ultra enlightened master will be the same as the Self but yet unique. Sorry, that makes no sense written like that but it sounds right to me.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  07:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many journeys

I like to think I'm a budgie in the mirror of all the other budgies. Each mirror adds its unique character to the image created. Every budgie uniquely different. There is no 'original' budgie. Just an infinite fractal spiralling outwards.

No need to worry about the other budgies because the changes you make to your own mirror image will improve the reflection of all the other budgies automatically.

Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  11:50:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste All,

My, my, my... there are some Wonderful responses here! I too, have been fascinated with traditional Advaitin thought. I have drawn great inspiration for Sri Adi Shankaracharya, Sri Ramana Maharshi, Sri Jiddu Krishnamurti, Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj and Sri H.W.L. Poonja (Papaji). But the recent Neo-Adaitin movement, so pervasive in contemporary spiritual thought... to be quite frank, not so much.

It's far too simplistic in scope to declare "nothing exists, nothing is happening and there is no self". There are ever-changing appearances of this and that... and they surely have their foundations in the totality of Brahman/God/Allah. So, I say, "God alone exists and everything is wholly Divine". Who am I to say anything at all? I do not know. I may never know and I really don't care. I am here now, and I am quite curious to find the key to unlock the depth of this present experience, in the play of all of this Maya manifesting myriad impressions.

I feel that there is quite the extreme misnomer about the nature of the individuated self and the impermanence of all things born into duality. Therefor, it's as plain as day that something does indeed exist... The Supreme Being is existence itself. We are that. Tat Tvam Asi. We all share our identity within this Infinite fulcrum of conscious-awareness and while our individual personalities are tied to unique samskaras and karma... we are all, in quintessence, one singular happening. We are the very same, symmetrical vibration.

I also believe that without the notion of progressive human evolution, as an individuated forms unfolding exponentially, there is a danger for mere intellectual understanding and therefore, little room for incremental transformation and spiritual growth. In other words, there are multiple stages and steps of attunement and if we THINK we understand the Absolute, through relative ideas... I feel we we err greatly.

For one cannot grasp the Infinite with finite reason nor taste of the Eternal, through our limited, transient notions and sequential deductions, themselves born of our passing experiences within the time-space-continuum. So, it's very clear that we need to ascend to the higher frequencies of conscious-awareness and existential being, to even grasp an iota of the reality beyond the play of human mind. Such need arises within the life of all Sadhakas and so, through our earnest efforts to become effortless, the bloom of ecstatic-bliss draws our attention ever deeper into the vortex of the Sacred Unity.

In my own small world, I have come to play with subtle concepts and my own linguistic terms. I further maintain that the Iso-self or Mego the Ego, is an impermanent state of human sentience. It draws it's patterning and parameters from the five senses and rational human thought. It can touch the intuitive realms... but is limited by it's fixation on material form and defined substance.

We come into finite existence and distinct self orientation and in time, we all return to the formlessness of the Void. It's all a dream and we have never been anything but Divine Being appearing as this or as that. Nataraja's Cosmic Dance! But surely, when the fruit of conscious-awareness ripens, the bloom of realization shifts one's rapt attention within and beyond any boundary of self or any isolated referencing of separate containment. Here, I use the term Omniself or even God-self. We are That... and we are all one and the same force. There is naught but the Sacred is-ness and this is here amongst the living, now and forevermore free from entrapment within any passing state of impermanence.

Many of today's so-called "Advaitan teachers" claim that there is nothing to realize and no one to realize the Divine reality behind and within all appearances. Ultimately this is so but why make so much noise about it? why charge other money for such insights? And just who is making all this fuss? Here I emphatically disagree with the posturing and No-self promotion. As everything is Brahman/God/Allah, we are That and if we trace the I-thought to it's original cause... we touch the Absolute Truth. We inter-phase with the Godhead and in so doing, we are for a spell, undone as separate egos and personas. Yet, we return to our parameters of selfhood, after the entrancing immersions we undergo through meditation and contemplation... thus, we still need to balance the epiphany with our daily lives. As the Zen folks so eloquently say, "Before enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water. After enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water."

That being said, there is that state of conscious-awareness, wherein we find nothing at all to cling to. We effectively Eclipse with the Ineffable and touch what Lord Sakyamuni/The Buddha, called Nirvana. Such a vortex of dreamless quietude gives rise to the notion to the concept of "Anatma" or no self. We merge into a silence so deep and unmoving, we no longer are able to witness the spiritual epiphany as parts of the whole... or remain an observer to the object of our focus.

With a significant shift in our attention and our unswerving intent, we become emptiness itself and this is what I term, the dawning of No-self or Zero-self. In such a one-pointed state, there is no subjectivity, whatsoever. There is a timeless pause in the continuum of our dreamscape. Thus, we are called to awaken from our relative slumbers. We are lifted above our delusions and devoured by the Supreme Being's limitlessness.

But conceptually, as we are still dealing with mindful paradigms each time we think or try to speak about the dynamism of being interlocked within non being... as these are simply grandiose ideas. As has been said before by a more clever thinker than I, "It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma." When the minds stops and the energy ascends, knowing becomes an unknowing, doing becomes an undoing of sorts. Truly, this dreamscape we share is an illusions of sorts. So, it makes perfect sense that wise Socrates claimed, "I only know that I know nothing. My knowledge comes from an unknowing." I am likewise reminded of something Dr. William James once said, "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference." I have always loved these quotes!

Honestly, in my tiny revelations of this realm-less realm, there seems naught but the radiance of the Clear Light of the Void. It is "clear" because it cannot be seen as separate from anything else. It cannot be known as a thing, for to approach it is to loose oneself within it's blinding effulgence. It is wholly unborn and cannot be seen nor touched by the illusion of any Self. It remains mysterious and forever Indivisible.

In sincere earnest, one attunes to this Roaring Silence and reflect it's boundlessness to such a subtle degree, that a state I refer to as a whiteout experience blossoms effulgently. It "blossoms" as the self re-emerges from it's Absolute symbiosis with the silence and is up crystallization, electrified by the sheer magnificence of existence. Thus dawns the devotion and ecstasy of Gnosis of the Unified Field of Being. While our mirage of our own personal dramas unfold,we simultaneously dismantle it's dominance in our minds. I believe that this is true meditation and the quintessence of all Yogin endeavors. It's a simple joy to share my dreamscape with you lovely souls, you kind selves, kindred echoes and reflections of the Divine.

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  3:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Many journeys

I like to think I'm a budgie in the mirror of all the other budgies. Each mirror adds its unique character to the image created. Every budgie uniquely different. There is no 'original' budgie. Just an infinite fractal spiralling outwards.

No need to worry about the other budgies because the changes you make to your own mirror image will improve the reflection of all the other budgies automatically.

Quite brilliant. Especially the part about one's inner condition improving the reflection of other budgies. By the way, what is a budgie? Must be one of those terrific obscurities of British slang....hehehehe
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  3:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Govinda, for that epic and poetic description of your experience and understanding. Much of that resonates with me, and I can tell you are in touch with the Same Source, and in such a way that reflects my own groove and matrix of individuality.

It all melts into One.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2013 :  3:44:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

So, the ultra enlightened master will be the same as the Self but yet unique. Sorry, that makes no sense written like that but it sounds right to me.

Makes perfect sense to me. A divine paradox.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2013 :  6:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by karl

Many journeys

Quite brilliant. Especially the part about one's inner condition improving the reflection of other budgies. By the way, what is a budgie? Must be one of those terrific obscurities of British slang....hehehehe

Small, colourful bird like a miniature parrot. People keep them as pets. Usually with a mirror so they have a friend.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000