AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 Godself, Ourself... Where We All Meet As One Being
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2013 :  10:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste All,

I know that you good people have each touched this Sacred place, where we all realize that we are the very same consciousness, where we are all one (trite, as it may sound)... as we are but a singular phenomenon, an Omniscient expression, blooming endlessly in ceaseless transformation. And while bringing this experience into human linguistics, may be far too simplistic in it's topic and scope... I have this innate desire to communicate with all of you lovely soul reflections, in this regard.

In my own small way, I have eclipsed with Brahman/God/Allah, to such a palpable degree that I no longer know who I am. How do I, you, we retain separation from the universe at large, spiraling galaxies of immense cosmic movement, tiny crystalline specks of sand or seeds containing life and infinite possibility? Such interconnection and symbiosis is most evident upon our focused attention, our rapt notice and deepest appreciation for being existent (this is the really good stuff).

How do I, you, we maintain differentiation from the grassy ground we tread upon, the air we rhythmically breathe or the trees which sprout all about us, swaying in the breeze and reaching upwards towards the Heavens? And when I, you, we look into the eyes of other human beings or animals, plant and mineral life forms... how do I, you or anyone else, NOT see the other centered deeply within myself/ourselves, in mirrored soul-reflection?

Meditation has done many, many wonderful things to this humanoid vessel, this Self which I currently inhabit. I cannot over-emphasize it's vast importance, in shifting the awareness which quietly dwells within this mortal shell, towards the living Spirit of the Supreme Being.

And to my utter surprise and sheer delight, I am finding that the world in which I organically experience life and living, seems more and more to be a mirror and a reflection of the sameness of the Divine Force, the Godhead innately poised within each and all of us... born of the effulgence and vibration of the transcendental Brahman/God/Allah.

Sometimes this is so overwhelming... that I honestly cannot differentiate where I begin... where my boundaries exist and where anyone else begins or maintains separation. Sure, the spiritual trance eventually breaks, so I return to where my boundaries of self are clearly defined and I know rationally, that I am such and such a subjective entity; I have such and such a specific history and persona. But the memory remains and the feeling is unbroken.

I feel that you all know what I mean, and I love you each for this. Please share your thoughts, feelings, opinions, challenges, rebuttals or inspired epiphanies, dear ones.

Om Shanti, Shanti, Shanti

Edited by - Govinda on Nov 29 2013 10:55:52 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  09:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this candid and poetic expression of Oneness...clearly drawing from your personal experience.

I don't have too much to say except that it all rings very true with me. It's just a dream story that is unfolding with incomprehensible unity, and there's really nothing to fear, unless we want to fear, just for the experience of fear. The fullness, the wholeness, the completeness of perceiving from an individual perspective that is deepening in connectivity to all around me is quietly astonishing.

I just keep trying to make the right adjustments and settle into a comfortable rhythm. That's the joy for me...options and ways to express the divine love.

Thank you again for brimming with this brightness.

Love. Unity. Strength.

Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  11:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste, Bodhi Tree.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I agree, we are called to settle into a rhythm and natural balance of living our lives as human beings... and all the while, allowing the God-realization to bloom effulgently before our awakened attention.

Yet, never truly believing the reality of the arising dream sequences perceived by the indwelling witness, to be seen as anything but the Divine (in all it's immense diversity and ceaseless transformation).

It's quite beautiful to mirror this profound insight and reflect something eternal and indivisible, in so doing. May we all bask in the sheer bliss of this Unified Field of Being, offering service to the Supreme State, through small acts of kindness and/or deeply grateful praises!

Tat Tvam Asi

Edited by - Govinda on Nov 30 2013 11:06:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  5:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Govinda, thank you for inviting us to share in this lovely discussion.

It's very hard to put into words. I do relate to what you and Bodhi have said, above.

As to your question, "how do we retain separation?" or "maintain differentiation" in the face of this overwhelming experience of Oneness?

It is indeed overwhelming. As I recall, when my reality first shifted a couple of years ago it was quite disorienting. Things have settled down somewhat now. For me, on the one hand, I have an increasing feeling of translucency or transparency, where the boundaries of this little self seem vague and more of an interface with the rest of the cosmos. I feel a deep Oneness with everything and all beings, especially with those who, like you, also feel this.

On the other hand, what allows me to remain functionally "differentiated" is the simple fact that, although I deeply FEEL that Oneness with you in my heart, at the same time I cannot literally see through your eyes. I cannot even see behind my own head, most of the time (although I supposed we have glimpses, but not on a regular basis). So I am aware of myself, this little self with a personality and history, as being just one particular focus of Consciousness in and through this nervous system at this point in space-time, this particular unique and limited expression of Being, interacting with the field of experience as the drama, the Divine lila, unfolds.

However, when I look within, clearly there's nobody home. This "I" is a mere functional construct, like a lens through which Divine Love is focused and expressed. The deeper I look, there is only that Love, and who is looking? The same One who is asking the question in you, and Bodhi, and everybody else who asks the question.

In day-to-day life I manage to keep the necessary focus on this space-time manifestation to be able to function, while still feeling the translucency and the Love pouring through. But in meditation I let go and enjoy the ecstasy of just utter surrender of the self to the Self, the mystery of duality for the sake of Union, losing oneself completely in that Love.

Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2013 :  11:15:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sister Radharani,

I simply LOVE your term "translucency". Sweet! The effulgence of the Infinite Godhead, shimmering through the filmy veil of the multiverse in cosmic play, the myriad forms and manifestations of this and that, dancing around and around and around. Nataraja's eternal dance!

Much like the immense galactic forces exploding across empty space and the spray of solar phenomenon, starry lights flickering for a brief spell, across this vast universe of ours (to say nothing of the multiplicity of alternate levels of existential being, pulsing upon the multifarious planes and hidden interior dimensions, invisible to the physical eyes).

Sigh... I wish I could say I have mastered my aim and attention upon the time-space-continuum but I have been and likely will always be, somewhat of a "Jonny come lately". Time and adherence to it's compressed and strictly-delineated dictates, is one of those seeming oxymora I just don't quite grok fully. Must we measure everything to such a finite and obsessive degree? What time is it? Now. It always has been, it always will be. But then, some kids never quite grow up, eh?

Om Namah Shivaya
Go to Top of Page

kami

USA
920 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  07:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Govinda,

Beautiful words and description, as always..

From my perspective, it is all about the here and now, as you say above. Sure, peak experiences in and out of meditation happen to all of us, but any time I say "when I had that awakening experience", I know it is already invalid, a memory, lost in the time-space continuum. To me, awakening is happening in the unfolding now.. Or not. Any time I am less than totally content with life in all its complexities, I know I'm back in the ego identification. Any time there is the slightest critique that arises in me about myself another, I am sure I've stepped out of line with what is.

Perhaps there are some that get so blissed out that they cannot function as separate entities..? I am certainly not there yet and perhaps will never be.. What I've noticed lately is that the journey is becoming so fulfilling in itself that I no longer care about the destination. There is so much joy in daily living that there is nowhere else to be. Paradoxically, this joy is there even in times of contraction, immutable and exuberant. Also, I'm seeing how looking for mystical experiences had me out of touch with the intimacy of the present experience, as described here. It is in living fully that Oneness becomes an ongoing reality..

Not sure if any of this makes sense.

Love to you my dear brother.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  08:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Govinda

(to say nothing of the multiplicity of alternate levels of existential being, pulsing upon the multifarious planes and hidden interior dimensions, invisible to the physical eyes).

Oh, but who could turn down the allure of those? We're cosmic beings, aren't we? Hence, Yogani's instruction on cosmic samyama.
Go to Top of Page

Govinda

USA
176 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2013 :  08:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kami

... but any time I say "when I had that awakening experience", I know it is already invalid, a memory, lost in the time-space continuum. To me, awakening is happening in the unfolding now.. Or not. Any time I am less than totally content with life in all its complexities, I know I'm back in the ego identification. Any time there is the slightest critique that arises in me about myself another, I am sure I've stepped out of line with what is.

Right on, Sister! Sometimes I see the human mind as the antithesis of unbound Spiritus... sometimes, it seems a key to unlock the illusion of oneself. Without thought... everything exists without form, content or definition, so I look into No-mind and the mirror reflects zero image back to the observer I believe myself to be. Is this enlightenment? The I-thought will never know. But as soon as we silence the self... the Divine is palpably present.

quote:
Perhaps there are some that get so blissed out that they cannot function as separate entities..? I am certainly not there yet and perhaps will never be.. What I've noticed lately is that the journey is becoming so fulfilling in itself that I no longer care about the destination. There is so much joy in daily living that there is nowhere else to be.

Yes, Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa was one such as this... but he had to destroy his beloved Ishta to free himself, so even highest Masters are learning as they bloom. I glean so mcuh inspiration and encouragement from his life and his powerful teachings! Meher Baba was similar, on many levels. We are all of us, so much alike, despite the appearances of this plane or that degree of God-realization.
quote:
Paradoxically, this joy is there even in times of contraction, immutable and exuberant. Also, I'm seeing how looking for mystical experiences had me out of touch with the intimacy of the present experience, as described here. It is in living fully that Oneness becomes an ongoing reality..

Not sure if any of this makes sense.

Love to you my dear brother.

Perfect sense, my dear little Sister. I thank you for your light, clarity and calmness. I wish everyone here could hear your lovely bhajans/chanting. Your voice is so sweet and intensely devoted, it brings a tear to my heart.

Edited by - Govinda on Dec 01 2013 09:12:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000