Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Why all of this Awkening business takes so long?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  08:26:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Karl, very well stated.

"The observer effect" from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)

In physics, the term observer effect refers to changes that the act of observation will make on the phenomenon being observed. This is often the result of instruments that, by necessity, alter the state of what they measure in some manner.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  10:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Karl, you're definitely on the right track with that stuff.

Etherfish, that's exactly what "to fathom" means. Maybe we need a new word that is the equivalent of "to fathom" but is associated with gnosis or intuition? I think "grok" is an attempt at that FWIW...
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2012 :  12:50:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Thanks Karl, very well stated.

"The observer effect" from wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Observer_effect_(physics)

In physics, the term observer effect refers to changes that the act of observation will make on the phenomenon being observed. This is often the result of instruments that, by necessity, alter the state of what they measure in some manner.

Yes, except the observer doesn't realise that he is actually creating the entire illusion as well as the change that occurs from interference with it.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  02:01:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
May the World remain unfathomable for me forever and ever more. Because the day I presume to have it all figured out and it ceases to be a mystery to me, both in the physical and spiritual realms, then I will know for sure than I am a Lost Soul indeed !!!

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on Jul 02 2012 02:07:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2012 :  11:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

May the World remain unfathomable for me forever and ever more. Because the day I presume to have it all figured out and it ceases to be a mystery to me, both in the physical and spiritual realms, then I will know for sure than I am a Lost Soul indeed !!!

Sey

Or just plain bored!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000