AYP Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | AYP Plus | Retreats | AYP Books
Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Jnana Yoga/Self-Inquiry - Advaita (Non-Duality)
 where are miracles in all this?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  07:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great Karl,
If your beliefs create such an attachment to one religious figure that a professor's studies can destroy you, then maybe your attachment is not good. That doesn't mean your religion is invalid. It means your ego can destroy you if you build the validity of your spirituality upon rigid beliefs.
Maybe Jesus was something completely different than you believe. You can still gain something from his teachings.
The teachings are important, not the pedestal the teacher stands on.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jul 19 2012 07:28:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  11:47:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you Christian Ether?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  7:17:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I follow the teaching of Jesus, but don't like churches or religions.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  8:49:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Maybe Jesus was something completely different than you believe. You can still gain something from his teachings.
The teachings are important, not the pedestal the teacher stands on.

Very true and wise words.

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2012 :  9:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Could not agree with u more dear etherfish :)
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2012 :  2:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A small funny thing happening today, just sharing, not arguing with anyone: There's a retreat going on in Italy with my friend Bernie Prior from New Zeeland. I'm joining in on the virtual retreat, following it on FB and is constantly embraced by the stillness from the retreat. Bernie's constant message to me (during the six years I've known him) has been to smile, enjoy life, dance with it, and all that jazz!

So today, when I was shopping groceries, I suddenly felt a greater awareness, stillness and a surge of energies. I was standing 2 meters from the fruit, wondering which fruit to chose. No people around. Then one apple suddenly moved. It fell down on the floor, started to role straight forward in the natural direction an object would move, but surprisingly turns 90 degrees and roles 2 meters towards me and stops by my feet. I lift it up and the attention goes to the little mark on it where it says name and country where it's from: JAZZ from New Zeeland! And as I notice, there's an arrow of love touching my heart, causing a grand heart opening and tears coming. A little greeting, an ordinary grocery shopping miracle.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  05:01:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

A small funny thing happening today, just sharing, not arguing with anyone: There's a retreat going on in Italy with my friend Bernie Prior from New Zeeland. I'm joining in on the virtual retreat, following it on FB and is constantly embraced by the stillness from the retreat. Bernie's constant message to me (during the six years I've known him) has been to smile, enjoy life, dance with it, and all that jazz!

So today, when I was shopping groceries, I suddenly felt a greater awareness, stillness and a surge of energies. I was standing 2 meters from the fruit, wondering which fruit to chose. No people around. Then one apple suddenly moved. It fell down on the floor, started to role straight forward in the natural direction an object would move, but surprisingly turns 90 degrees and roles 2 meters towards me and stops by my feet. I lift it up and the attention goes to the little mark on it where it says name and country where it's from: JAZZ from New Zeeland! And as I notice, there's an arrow of love touching my heart, causing a grand heart opening and tears coming. A little greeting, an ordinary grocery shopping miracle.

Ahhhh! I love moments like that EMC, thanks for sharing :D

I would love a moment like that today, I'm sitting here enjoying a beautiful morning and wondering what to do with this week. I'm traveling and trying to balance the needs of work with the desire to meet friends and have some adventures... not sure yet which direction to go in. Only way to find out may be to venture outside and see where my attention goes.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2012 :  1:31:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice story thx for sharing dear emc
Go to Top of Page

kevincann

USA
335 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2012 :  02:08:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

This universe exists even though there should be nothing.

This is the miracle that matters.

All other miracles are in support of this truth.

Love,

Kevin
Go to Top of Page

tunist

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2012 :  1:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit tunist's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
alignment can mean the difference between life and death; between truth and deception; between blessings and suffering.
every single stance within us is involved in this. acceptance or non acceptance is a choice of stance..

the more you define miracles as 'out of the ordinary' and 'for the masters' etc. the further you push that reality from your manifestations. 'trying' to manifest can simply manifest trying.. it is a pursuit and alignment born of duality, of 'this or that'.. this effects that..
in oneness, you are the miracle and there is no other.
now how can we 'show off' to others of miracles, when we know we all ARE the miracle?
so be of care, your desire to show off your miracles could be what is blocking you.. not because you are wrong to desire greatness, but because of the resonance of the beliefs and thoughtforms held within the desire that are simply untrue.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  11:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what is the reason behind the miracle, chris angel for instance just does tricks, are his quote miracles, really serving anything important? if a miracle does not serve something important then it may not be necessary and God may not grant a person the ability to perform them. You want to heal the sick, do the sick really want to be healed. Many people may say that they want to be healid, however in reality would not change anything in their lifes in order to be worthy of that miracle, therefore the miracle does not create or manifext.. lets take lust for instance, I was not suficiently open enough in the past to be healed from that, i did not see that sin clearly, I did not want to let go of that sin, therefore I could not recieve the miracle of healing that sin. Now however, I still suffer from time to time because I what I have done in the past, I am on the path of abstinence, therefore I am becoming more open to that sin and my desire to not have it in my life anymore, so I am opening to the poddibility of allwing that demon to be healed, to be cast out. would God, Jesus, you, etc..... want to perfor a miraclr to someone who would just turn around and keep living life as before and therefore null and void the miracle that was given previously, or would God rather perfrom the miracles on those who are willing to leave the sins behind and therefore be healed once and for all from them. I still suffer from lust, jelousy, and broken heartedness from time to time. My ex got pregnant from being with another man and sometimes this hurts, however now i tell myself when this comes up that a main reason I am suffering is because of my sins with her. If I did not sin with her in the Bed, my pain would be less, or maybe non existent, or maybe we would have worked out and be married. but because of the sins we did togerther, occasionally i suffer for the sin that she has done since we seperatedd. I also tell myself, when this painful heart hurting feeling/thought comes up. that if jesus could forgive and still love, then I can do it as well. so in essence I am doing to things, one taking responsibility for my sin, and two reminding myself of the miracle of forgivenesss that is possible. right now it is a process but one day the miracle may come that I am cleanse. I ask for your prayers in this, I ask that you pray my heart opens more, and the pain leaves, I ask that you pray that I may see these types of things through the compasion, grace, patience, and mercy that Jesus did. please take this pain from my heart, free me from this, forive my sin, open me up.
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2012 :  5:29:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
You want to heal the sick, do the sick really want to be healed. Many people may say that they want to be healid, however in reality would not change anything in their lifes in order to be worthy of that miracle, therefore the miracle does not create or manifext.

Nobody that I know personally who is sick and whjo has been, wants to keep their sickness. Out of Divine Love and compassion, if I had divine abilities to heal, I would't be picking & choosing who deserves what. I'd be selfless in healing.
quote:
would God, Jesus, you, etc..... want to perfor a miraclr to someone who would just turn around and keep living life as before and therefore null and void the miracle that was given previously, or would God rather perfrom the miracles on those who are willing to leave the sins behind and therefore be healed once and for all from them.

That doesn't apply to children. There are innocent children devoid of sin that have cancers and are sick and don't deserve it. The logic doesn't apply to them
quote:
I ask for your prayers in this, I ask that you pray my heart opens more, and the pain leaves, I ask that you pray that I may see these types of things through the compasion, grace, patience, and mercy that Jesus did. please take this pain from my heart, free me from this, forive my sin, open me up.

You want self Mastery? Besides the Grace of God coming over you and destroying your ego(the cause of Sin, you can also help meet God half way by seeing and meditating on certain Non-dial principles such as seeing that you are not the Body nor the Mind.

This creates a distance from the factors that cause Sin, which is the lusts and passions of the body, and the ignorance of the Ego. Yet the real "You" is aware of them both, therefore both can't me you.

I see alot of excuses against miracles here on thread. Yet many Enlightened masters easily showed mastery over the laws of nature and this is available to all of us. I've had a few glimpses of this as well and know of a person who experienced Bi-Location a few times just from self-inquiry.

My whole purpose in this thread was to say that there are alot of Non-dual teachers/masters out there, however, at least for me, one is not a Master unless one is able to heal/cure, Bi-Locate, etc. One who has merged with the Source of Existence/Reality should have access to mastery over the laws of Reality.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  02:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
That doesn't apply to children. There are innocent children devoid of sin that have cancers and are sick and don't deserve it. The logic doesn't apply to them

Ramamna Maharshi and Ramakirishna died of cancer...and guess what they did not care at all....when you wake up from the illusion all those questions and the need to have answers for them and the need to heal and preserve the body will just fade away...
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  07:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A child may have disease because of past karma from a previous life. Disease teaches certain lessons.
Not wanting something like disease intensifies it; the law of attraction.
Thinking "I don't want disease" over and over makes you have disease.
That's why we do samyama on words like "health" instead of "no disease".
Go to Top of Page

Namath

350 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2012 :  12:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

what is the reason behind the miracle, chris angel for instance just does tricks, are his quote miracles, really serving anything important? if a miracle does not serve something important then it may not be necessary and God may not grant a person the ability to perform them. You want to heal the sick, do the sick really want to be healed. Many people may say that they want to be healid, however in reality would not change anything in their lifes in order to be worthy of that miracle, therefore the miracle does not create or manifext.. lets take lust for instance, I was not suficiently open enough in the past to be healed from that, i did not see that sin clearly, I did not want to let go of that sin, therefore I could not recieve the miracle of healing that sin. Now however, I still suffer from time to time because I what I have done in the past, I am on the path of abstinence, therefore I am becoming more open to that sin and my desire to not have it in my life anymore, so I am opening to the poddibility of allwing that demon to be healed, to be cast out. would God, Jesus, you, etc..... want to perfor a miraclr to someone who would just turn around and keep living life as before and therefore null and void the miracle that was given previously, or would God rather perfrom the miracles on those who are willing to leave the sins behind and therefore be healed once and for all from them. I still suffer from lust, jelousy, and broken heartedness from time to time. My ex got pregnant from being with another man and sometimes this hurts, however now i tell myself when this comes up that a main reason I am suffering is because of my sins with her. If I did not sin with her in the Bed, my pain would be less, or maybe non existent, or maybe we would have worked out and be married. but because of the sins we did togerther, occasionally i suffer for the sin that she has done since we seperatedd. I also tell myself, when this painful heart hurting feeling/thought comes up. that if jesus could forgive and still love, then I can do it as well. so in essence I am doing to things, one taking responsibility for my sin, and two reminding myself of the miracle of forgivenesss that is possible. right now it is a process but one day the miracle may come that I am cleanse. I ask for your prayers in this, I ask that you pray my heart opens more, and the pain leaves, I ask that you pray that I may see these types of things through the compasion, grace, patience, and mercy that Jesus did. please take this pain from my heart, free me from this, forive my sin, open me up.

Brother Neil!...yea Lust is one tough vasana to deal with.

But there's nothing like heartbreaking to create dispassion ....lately my feeling is that something in me has been intentionally attracting heartbreaks because in there lies my freedom from desires.

Much Love, ((([img]icon_heart.gif[/img])))

Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  08:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As for changing the weather I've had something cool happening to me. I was on top of a crisis, being on the verge of insanity and desperately longing for something to save me from my fears and that demonic feel around me. It was always not only "something's not right" but even moreso "something really evil is here"
So after all of this I just stood there in thoughts and anticipation, staring at the wall and slowly giving up the fight. Putting down all weapons and truly accepting life as it is - even in this ugly, strange form. It felt like Neo in the last part of the Matrix trilogy when he got into the headquarter of the "arch enemy" and as it asks "what do you want?" he says "peace". Like that I offered peace as a present to all my imperfections, extreme fears and suddenly became silent and full of harmony. As this happened thr stormy weather outside just stopped! Silence inside AND outside heue. And way cooler than if I could control the weather. This lead me to believe that we create the world with the energies we give away
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2013 :  4:13:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, escapado. The weather is more easily subjected to our vibrations that we might think!
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  06:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Yogananda said we create the weather.
Hmmmmm; here's an article, "Extreme weather grows in frequency and intensity around the world"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/11/s...d-world.html
Go to Top of Page

Sudeep

India
21 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2013 :  08:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A real Guru / A real enlightened doesnt showcase any miracle though miracles happen around them due to their vibration and connectedness with the light. They dont need to do any miracle. It is not there in their job description.

Run away if you see anyone posing Guru and showing miracles to get you under his group. Beware.

Edited by - Sudeep on Jan 15 2013 08:45:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

illkeepmysol

USA
25 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2013 :  11:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The only miracle is world peace.
Go to Top of Page

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2013 :  10:25:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I know a few persons who without problems can heal cancer or other diseases, without having reached any 24/7 shift of awareness. I have had boyfriends who just play around in "Matrix", changing the codes (playing with/being able to affect weather, people, animals, temperature etc etc) without effort, and I've learned some from them. You can take a one-week course and learn how to do minor stuff like that and then practice.

And how to register for this 1 week course that enable person to do all of that effortlessly? Or you mean person can learn theory in 1 week? :)

Yes imo Earth can be joyful paradise for those who `choose` to enjoy and partake in creation :)

As to miracles perhaps its logical to state what miracle one wants to receive. I would like to find 50,000 euro in cash in the bag in a healthy wealthy happy manner by the door of apartment complex where I live when I go for walk later on today after sleeping a bit :)

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  04:51:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WE are the miracle

Sey
Go to Top of Page

arti

Christmas Island
18 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2013 :  2:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
To backup emc, what she said applied here too fully. Stuff like moving psi-wheels without touching them, knowing what someone else thinkgs etc. can be trained. I had success within one week 12 + hours a day with these 7 years ago. Later tried some reiki stuff and healing minor aches of any kind was no problem at all as well. After oen year I lost interest in all of this, latest by reading the book emc has mentioned. You can find a video on youtube where a man plays with chi. He even explains his method, which is the inner fire meditation while vase breathing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af1RGVaBQYc

Video set to private :D Anyhow today I carefully examined surroundings of apartment complex door and hey maybe they were invisible :P So yes where is this course to play with creation :)
Go to Top of Page

adishivayogi

USA
197 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  12:29:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
is not you going your whole life without anger or suffering a mircale in itself? shiva never performed any miracles. other than transcending his physical needs sitting there for many millennium
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000