New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  11:55:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

This is the second time where you've of great support and understanding dear Chas both over here and on email... Thank you for your understanding

Much love to you.

Peace,
Ananda

Thank you, Ananda.

Love & Peace
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  4:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kirtanman

quote:

Yes dear Chas, this is helpful for someone like me. The advise you have given is pretty much included in what I've mentioned above. What good does it do to that boy with a gun or to those children who are dying out of starvation or sickness. Ramana Maharshi used to say, they are not your responsibility God created them he will take care of them. Whereas a voice in my head is telling me I created you to help them... And I am doing my part but I know I can do much more and I am not giving the whole thing it's due. It feels like I should renounce this material life I am living. But I know that renunciates do and don't think much about the whole thing.

Still no answer to the question why all this. Why the game, why the ignorance of illusion from the place. I remember reading Harilal Poonja better known as Papaji saying in the book nothing ever happened that he couldn't know why. He went to the farthest reaches of self realization yet he never knew why.

I rest my case and take a fall into the unknown on this one. I don't care to know any more better just go out and do something more about the suffering that's happening.

Salam

Hi Ananda & All,

In my experience, as we open more and more, what falls away is the conditioned need to evaluate and decide.

We begin to navigate more and more by what we're internally drawn to do; we let ourselves flow in more natural ways.

That flowing may involve helping someone in an "on the ground" way, or it may not.

And, in my experience, anyway, bit by bit, we find that we're clearly living more authentically and beneficially for all, observably, regardless of what anyone -- including our own mind -- thinks about it. Just opening to inner silence offers more of a contribution than conditioned mind can understand.

If we feel troubled, conditioned mind is over active, and being relied on too heavily, in my experience.

My oldest daughter sent me a text last night, which contained only this quote:

"If you work on your mind with your mind, how can you avoid immense confusion?"

I replied:

"Exactly! Back *away* from the mind. "

As I'm pretty sure someone somewhere once said:

Mind is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.

Dear Kirtanman, thank you for your input

But I really know all this and as I said before it's good for someone like me or you. But we are rare people. Even most of the persons who are on a spiritual life have unhappy life and some of them even suffering more than normal people. No one can answer this why.

I understand what you say that questions drop or lose importance. I've experienced that and this question dropped over here also but I don't want to let it go. Everything else makes sense why it doesn't really matter and the experience of Truth makes it so. But the question why even though it may be realized as awareness... And is a dual question in the realm of illusion... Yet here we are... We are here.. Otherwise there wouldn't be this discussion. So really why. If anyone knows how to answer this and give a satisfying answer I'd be very grateful for it.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  8:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda!

I really appreciate you.

I'm not at the same level of unfoldment as you or many people here, so please excuse this if it seems a bit simple-minded or too much of a thought "framework". I've always thought that we are called to incarnate in this life to learn lessons that will push us forward in our spiritual unfoldment, and to serve as a teacher to others for their spiritual evolution.

So why are children running with guns and other such things that would break my heart to pieces to see? I don't know. But I speculate that perhaps these children need to be fully immersed in such violence to ultimately realize that violence is not the answer. Or a man that is beaten to death was here to serve as an instrument of teaching to the people doing the beating...perhaps one day in the future (either in this life or from the vantage point of the herafter) they willl look back at what they've done with such remorse that they turn from violence to a life of peace and dedicate themselves to being an agent of good that ultimately helps many many people. And the person that they killed played the role of the catalyst for something that was ultimately very positive. Its just very hard to see the course of how it all plays out from the snapshot of a moment in time. Particularly when the view in the moment is so disturbing.

Is this how it really is? I don't know. But I did get a message from my mom, who passed away 20yrs ago from a long, painful battle with cancer that to me seemed like such pointless suffering. And what she told me was that she would go through it all again *in a heartbeat* for the spiritual benefits that she received after she died. It was something I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy, but there she was saying she'd go through it all again without a second thought. It really gave me a lot of comfort that the awful things that we endure in this life serve a purpose that ends up being very good for everybody involved...in the fullness of time.

Not sure if this is at all helpful, but it felt like it needed to come out of me...so there it is

Much love to you dear brother
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  01:51:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello All;

Ananda!
I double what someone said before-maybe it was Etherfish-that we can help only if they are open to receive this help.

From my experience,my reality drifted away from violence (physical & non physical) gradually since we met & later on when I started on the pathless path of spirituality

When it comes to my surrounding,as I've mentioned before,it's improving!!From everyday gun fights to once every week.Quite an improvement taking into consideration it's the most sensitive area when it comes to political conflicts !there's a change I can feel & see it.

Even my friends who would not think twice to get into fights are becoming calmer & non violent!like the last inevitable fight that happened two days back...It ended peacefully.

So All in All,personally...I see people don't have to be so violent & change can happen.However,I stopped judging those who are not willing to change,it's not their time yet!

All Love
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  06:30:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I understand what you say that questions drop or lose importance. I've experienced that and this question dropped over here also but I don't want to let it go. Everything else makes sense why it doesn't really matter and the experience of Truth makes it so. But the question why even though it may be realized as awareness... And is a dual question in the realm of illusion... Yet here we are... We are here.. Otherwise there wouldn't be this discussion. So really why. If anyone knows how to answer this and give a satisfying answer I'd be very grateful for it.

Hi Ananda,
There are some things, that no one else can answer for us... we have to see for ourselves. Asking questions is good, but trying to find an answer outside of ourselves will only lead to confusion. There was a person at the retreat last week, he wanted an answer from us, he said, help me... I want to know who am I? None of us would tell him, we all said the same thing, you have to find the answer for yourself. If we tell you, you will form an idea of what the answer should be like and get caught up in that idea and never be able to see for yourself ... the answer has to be your own... the answer is beyond the mind, in silence... so keep at it and you will know from within.

I will say the same thing here. Trying to understand this with the mind will only cause a lot of confusion. The best is to let it go in silence. Let the answer come to you. Each one here has their own understanding they bring to the discussion. Each of the replies are correct, because it comes from their silence... when they try to put that understanding into words though, it passes through their human filter and is expressed differently... So you have to find your own answer, in silence. Once you know from within, the question will disappear (like my younger daughter tells me, when I have an answer on the inside, it does not have a meaning to the mind, but there is peace inside, and I know I have my answer).

Much love!
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  09:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yes dear Chas, this is helpful for someone like me. The advise you have given is pretty much included in what I've mentioned above. What good does it do to that boy with a gun or to those children who are dying out of starvation or sickness. Ramana Maharshi used to say, they are not your responsibility God created them he will take care of them. Whereas a voice in my head is telling me I created you to help them... And I am doing my part but I know I can do much more and I am not giving the whole thing it's due. It feels like I should renounce this material life I am living. But I know that renunciates do and don't think much about the whole thing.

Still no answer to the question why all this. Why the game, why the ignorance of illusion from the place. I remember reading Harilal Poonja better known as Papaji saying in the book nothing ever happened that he couldn't know why. He went to the farthest reaches of self realization yet he never knew why.

I rest my case and take a fall into the unknown on this one. I don't care to know any more better just go out and do something more about the suffering that's happening.

I can't speak to the extreme examples you have given at the beginning of this thread but can only speak from personal experience.

I personally can't imagine a way this world could be more perfect. This in itself probably reads as an extreme statement but it depends on what angle you are looking at life from.

If you are looking from the perspective that the world should be a positive, loving, kind place where people continuously support one another and live to be in harmony with the people, animals and environment around them, then this is pretty far from paradise. No argument there.

If you are looking at this world from the perspective that all of it is God's creation and that life is about accepting every aspect of our true nature which is God's nature, including the good, the bad and the ugly, then this world is designed to teach this perfectly. If i judge someone and have no understanding of how they could act a particular way, then I cut part of myself off from the whole. If I look inside and am able to imagine how I could conceivably act in that same way, given extreme circumstances, given extreme upbringing, believing extreme thoughts built upon extreme reasoning, then I see myself in the other no matter how remote the possibility of this actually happening.

What can I do about it or how can I help? I couldn't possibly know, what inner heart urges I guess and continue along the path and learn all that God teaches me. Also, so very, very grateful to those brave souls for taking on those inconceivably hard lessons so I don't have to.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  1:28:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

Hi Ananda!

I really appreciate you.

I'm not at the same level of unfoldment as you or many people here, so please excuse this if it seems a bit simple-minded or too much of a thought "framework". I've always thought that we are called to incarnate in this life to learn lessons that will push us forward in our spiritual unfoldment, and to serve as a teacher to others for their spiritual evolution.

So why are children running with guns and other such things that would break my heart to pieces to see? I don't know. But I speculate that perhaps these children need to be fully immersed in such violence to ultimately realize that violence is not the answer. Or a man that is beaten to death was here to serve as an instrument of teaching to the people doing the beating...perhaps one day in the future (either in this life or from the vantage point of the herafter) they willl look back at what they've done with such remorse that they turn from violence to a life of peace and dedicate themselves to being an agent of good that ultimately helps many many people. And the person that they killed played the role of the catalyst for something that was ultimately very positive. Its just very hard to see the course of how it all plays out from the snapshot of a moment in time. Particularly when the view in the moment is so disturbing.

Is this how it really is? I don't know. But I did get a message from my mom, who passed away 20yrs ago from a long, painful battle with cancer that to me seemed like such pointless suffering. And what she told me was that she would go through it all again *in a heartbeat* for the spiritual benefits that she received after she died. It was something I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy, but there she was saying she'd go through it all again without a second thought. It really gave me a lot of comfort that the awful things that we endure in this life serve a purpose that ends up being very good for everybody involved...in the fullness of time.

Not sure if this is at all helpful, but it felt like it needed to come out of me...so there it is

Much love to you dear brother

Thank you for opening up so beautifully dear parallax and sharing your hearts content. Grateful to you. You always did have a place in my heart

Much love to you
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  1:30:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara

Hello All;

Ananda!
I double what someone said before-maybe it was Etherfish-that we can help only if they are open to receive this help.

From my experience,my reality drifted away from violence (physical & non physical) gradually since we met & later on when I started on the pathless path of spirituality

When it comes to my surrounding,as I've mentioned before,it's improving!!From everyday gun fights to once every week.Quite an improvement taking into consideration it's the most sensitive area when it comes to political conflicts !there's a change I can feel & see it.

Even my friends who would not think twice to get into fights are becoming calmer & non violent!like the last inevitable fight that happened two days back...It ended peacefully.

So All in All,personally...I see people don't have to be so violent & change can happen.However,I stopped judging those who are not willing to change,it's not their time yet!

All Love

Thank you for sharing dear... Violence has turned 0 around me whereas I grew up in a neighbourhood where you had to fight your way around and I even was a kind of a bully when I was really young believe it or not...

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  1:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Anthem11

quote:

I can't speak to the extreme examples you have given at the beginning of this thread but can only speak from personal experience.

I personally can't imagine a way this world could be more perfect. This in itself probably reads as an extreme statement but it depends on what angle you are looking at life from.

If you are looking from the perspective that the world should be a positive, loving, kind place where people continuously support one another and live to be in harmony with the people, animals and environment around them, then this is pretty far from paradise. No argument there.

If you are looking at this world from the perspective that all of it is God's creation and that life is about accepting every aspect of our true nature which is God's nature, including the good, the bad and the ugly, then this world is designed to teach this perfectly. If i judge someone and have no understanding of how they could act a particular way, then I cut part of myself off from the whole. If I look inside and am able to imagine how I could conceivably act in that same way, given extreme circumstances, given extreme upbringing, believing extreme thoughts built upon extreme reasoning, then I see myself in the other no matter how remote the possibility of this actually happening.

What can I do about it or how can I help? I couldn't possibly know, what inner heart urges I guess and continue along the path and learn all that God teaches me. Also, so very, very grateful to those brave souls for taking on those inconceivably hard lessons so I don't have to.

Dear Anthem, you have proven to me that it's great to ask... Your post and that of others have shown me a lot of beauty... I am really grateful to you and those who have opened their hearts and gave the time to reply in this topic.

Much love and respect to you my dear brother.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  1:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

quote:

Hi Ananda,
There are some things, that no one else can answer for us... we have to see for ourselves. Asking questions is good, but trying to find an answer outside of ourselves will only lead to confusion. There was a person at the retreat last week, he wanted an answer from us, he said, help me... I want to know who am I? None of us would tell him, we all said the same thing, you have to find the answer for yourself. If we tell you, you will form an idea of what the answer should be like and get caught up in that idea and never be able to see for yourself ... the answer has to be your own... the answer is beyond the mind, in silence... so keep at it and you will know from within.

I will say the same thing here. Trying to understand this with the mind will only cause a lot of confusion. The best is to let it go in silence. Let the answer come to you. Each one here has their own understanding they bring to the discussion. Each of the replies are correct, because it comes from their silence... when they try to put that understanding into words though, it passes through their human filter and is expressed differently... So you have to find your own answer, in silence. Once you know from within, the question will disappear (like my younger daughter tells me, when I have an answer on the inside, it does not have a meaning to the mind, but there is peace inside, and I know I have my answer).

Much love!

Best approach I could think of

much much much love and I really mean it with all my heart.

Thank you dear one [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 15 2012 :  1:37:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally I'd like to share this beautiful song which Chas shared with me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwI9...gdata_player
In God's hands

Love to All [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  05:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda

quote:

Salam

I am sorry if I come in too late on this....you may be resting now, and if so, just ignore these "two cents" :

I cannot begin to understand the troubles you have witnessed or been immersed in where you are in the world Ananda. So much violence, so much hopelessness, so many dire needs not met among people who are after all as fragile and vulnerable as human beings everywhere. It takes a strong heart to navigate through all this and not "fall off" the edge of authenticity. It is humbling to read of your intentions and your walk. Thank you for that.

In my experience, burning questions like yours is the very motor that unveils. They are so potent...these burning questions. Let them live in light and openness....and they will unveil what needs to be seen. That includes the motivation behind the question. From where do we ask? Is it from a place of wanting things to be different? From a place of pure curiosity? From a place of wanting the truth? It is good to keep looking like you do! The answer to these questions are buried within the very questions themselves. Keep looking.

Also:
Nowhere in my experience have I found that being troubled is a sign of lack of clarity. On the contrary - being willing to be troubled, to 100 % experience pain, agony, fear, grief, hopelessness, confusion etc is exactly what sustains and strengthen our ability to see To say yes to what life is presenting, regardless of what we judge it to be.

You are beautiful in your burning question. It means your idea of - or experience of - "being blissfull and non-dual and coming from silence" is less important to you than other peoples suffering. It also means that you are willing to not be comfortable in your "knowing"....you are willing to stay troubled until what needs to be seen is seen.

Your question will be met by something that is far from a general answer. Every human being is unique in our sameness.

Your question matters immensely.

In my experience, the only thing a human being can experience is oneself.
And so....no matter what we are looking at, we are experiencing that.
Ourselves.

I found that there is not a thing I am not capable of. I have commited so many crimes in time.
In my nature are seeds that may or may not sprout all depending on what I have come to understand about the consequences of my actions. My actions - not anyone elses. I am infinitely more concerned about seeing this than I am with seeing the pure essence of my nature - since that is taking care of itself just fine. But my responsibility is to see the rest - so that I find out about the consequences of my actions (within and without) and can adjust according to the wisdom that is the fruit of this attitude. And so - whatever life presents before me, I have to willingly look at. That includes my own resistance to what I see. The more willingness, the more witnessing, the more seeing, the more beneficial the action it inspires.

Everything impacts. That's the thing.
That is why it is so important to be willing to see.

Not to be - to SEE !

And so when someone like you - who are willing to see whatever it takes - come along......in a place where there is so much unrest.....it is deeply meaningful. When it takes so much patience for a single human being to unfold into seeing...to feel every impact in the heart and still not flinch away from what one sees......then imagine how much patience is needed with a whole world!

Everywhere you go the benefit of your sober stand will have an impact. And the transformative power of even a drop of sobriety - clear heart seeing - is much greater than I can ever imagine.

So stay troubled and courageous and loving my friend. It means Life can have its way with you - that you are not in the way of whatever needs to unfold. Trust that.

Thank you so much Ananda.

Much love,
Katrine

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  11:43:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much thanks dear Katrine for sharing what you did To be honest my ego took a little pride in some of what you mentioned... So I felt somehow it's wrong.. My approach that is. So I started asking again and again and suddenly within my inner sight I kind of saw the answer.

I saw Sri Ramana and then I saw these words but I didn't see words... They were just coming from somewhere... Enlightenment is impersonal... If you realize the self all existence realizes it... As the Buddha put it, it wasn't I who was enlightened enlightenment woke up to itself and the whole of the world woke up with it... Then Sri Ramana's words came to mind and to heart. The best help you can provide to your fellow beings is by realizing your own Truth.

Again, much thanks to everyone who shared in this topic. There have been really great replies...

I still don't know "why" but the best approach is to realize the Self and help as much as one is able to.

Much Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 16 2012 :  3:29:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Finally I'd like to share this beautiful song which Chas shared with me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwI9...gdata_player
In God's hands

Love to All [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Very nice.thank you Chas,thank you Ananda.
sounds of windows error-messages cracks me up at the end

All Love
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  03:01:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lesson 363 – Liberation of the One is Liberation of the Whole
http://www.aypsite.com/363.html

Just encountered this lesson on facebook

Thanks Yogani [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  03:03:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it seems you found the answer
TGIY
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  03:45:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, still no answer to "why" but it's pretty much almost like the same answer which came from within.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  03:46:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From within and without... I don't believe anyone can no answer to that...
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  05:43:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Beat your higher sense of spiritual progress to death the answers get hidden behind your own sense of spiritual development. Sometimes we build this kingdom in the air, it isolates but leaves questions unanswered.

Don't be afraid to smash it all up, if it's real it will endure anyway. You need to knock the barrier down. It's like the Crysalis which forms around the catapillar, if the metamorphism to a butterfly is complete then the protective layer is no longer needed. It seems like you made the transition, if you haven't then you will know there is more work still to do.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  06:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

quote:
To be honest my ego took a little pride in some of what you mentioned... So I felt somehow it's wrong.. My approach that is.

See this is exactly what I am talking about......we judge ourselves, and in the identification with that judgement shedding light on ourselves becomes impossible. So you felt pride. This is a goldmine.......Inquire here then. Get to know that part of you, do not dive into a feeling of there being something wrong with you just because that feeling doesn't correspond with what you feel is the result of enlightenment! For example....pride is pride...how do you know that the pride you felt does not come from a place of recognition of something essential? Look so you can find out.

Finding out what it is to be a real human being includes everything.

It includes being willing to not have a "better life". It is so easy to get lost in ideas of a better life....so easy to reject what is here. We must be willing to do all we can.......to see all that we are capable of.....to cultivate that in us that opens the heart eye further.......and to act on what we see......and still NOT expect enlightenment.

When we do what we must......what is implicit in our human and essential nature will come forward. It may mean that full realisation will not happen this time around. There is absolutely nothing we can do to change that. But the thing is....when we are authentic, when we are ourselves in every way, then we are expressing from eternity. It is heaven on earth and we do not even have to think about the whole picture. It takes care of itself as always.

As soon as we do what we must......the why ceases. Until it ceases we keep shifting until we find ourselves where we are. For a long time this finding ourselves exactly where we are comes and goes. Because we evade ourselves.....we do not like what we see. But exactly what we see.....is exactly where we are at all times. Here is where the eye opens further. So.....instead of comparing ourselves to the big picture and always falling short.....or being comfortable on a pedestal somewhere.......it truly is a better life
to stay where one factually is. The deepening is organic and wholesome then.

Much love Ananda

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  07:14:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes, be Authentic. Be as you are. Destroy the cage that you love so much and break out.

There is a story that a bird sat in a cage and watched the birds flying free in the open air. The bird longed to escape and fly with them.

One day the birds keeper accidentally left the door of the cage open. The bird could hardly believe its luck. It watched the other birds for a while, waiting for the perfect moment.

It waited and waited and waited some more. It waited so long that it never heard the cage door gently being closed and locked once more.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  08:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karl

quote:
yes, be Authentic. Be as you are. Destroy the cage that you love so much and break out.

There is a story that a bird sat in a cage and watched the birds flying free in the open air. The bird longed to escape and fly with them.

One day the birds keeper accidentally left the door of the cage open. The bird could hardly believe its luck. It watched the other birds for a while, waiting for the perfect moment.

It waited and waited and waited some more. It waited so long that it never heard the cage door gently being closed and locked once more.

I love stories!

Yes....it is not enough that the door is open. Destroying the cage just created more cages for me....it just didn't work I have to say. There must be a "lighting up" of what keeps the bird in that cage. We must look......and be willing to realize what we actually see..........so that the misunderstanding can be unveiled. Only a misunderstanding frozen in time can keep the bird in the non-reality of the cage.

It is also good to remember that the door is always open....it never closes on us. So as soon as we are willing to look and acknowledge what we see....warmth wells up through the door. That warmth is compassion and compassion makes all the difference.

And that is exactly why there is no time to lose.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  08:13:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  08:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

quote:

Beat your higher sense of spiritual progress to death the answers get hidden behind your own sense of spiritual development. Sometimes we build this kingdom in the air, it isolates but leaves questions unanswered.

Don't be afraid to smash it all up, if it's real it will endure anyway. You need to knock the barrier down. It's like the Crysalis which forms around the catapillar, if the metamorphism to a butterfly is complete then the protective layer is no longer needed. It seems like you made the transition, if you haven't then you will know there is more work still to do.

All good I guess... Whatever is meant to happen will happen
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  08:29:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Hi Ananda

quote:
To be honest my ego took a little pride in some of what you mentioned... So I felt somehow it's wrong.. My approach that is.

See this is exactly what I am talking about......we judge ourselves, and in the identification with that judgement shedding light on ourselves becomes impossible. So you felt pride. This is a goldmine.......Inquire here then. Get to know that part of you, do not dive into a feeling of there being something wrong with you just because that feeling doesn't correspond with what you feel is the result of enlightenment! For example....pride is pride...how do you know that the pride you felt does not come from a place of recognition of something essential? Look so you can find out.

Finding out what it is to be a real human being includes everything.

It includes being willing to not have a "better life". It is so easy to get lost in ideas of a better life....so easy to reject what is here. We must be willing to do all we can.......to see all that we are capable of.....to cultivate that in us that opens the heart eye further.......and to act on what we see......and still NOT expect enlightenment.

When we do what we must......what is implicit in our human and essential nature will come forward. It may mean that full realisation will not happen this time around. There is absolutely nothing we can do to change that. But the thing is....when we are authentic, when we are ourselves in every way, then we are expressing from eternity. It is heaven on earth and we do not even have to think about the whole picture. It takes care of itself as always.

As soon as we do what we must......the why ceases. Until it ceases we keep shifting until we find ourselves where we are. For a long time this finding ourselves exactly where we are comes and goes. Because we evade ourselves.....we do not like what we see. But exactly what we see.....is exactly where we are at all times. Here is where the eye opens further. So.....instead of comparing ourselves to the big picture and always falling short.....or being comfortable on a pedestal somewhere.......it truly is a better life
to stay where one factually is. The deepening is organic and wholesome then.

Much love Ananda

This is really beautiful dear, I am touched in many layers within me. And yes I could be very judgmental on myself sometimes. In the good and the bad.

I don't know what to say, I am really at peace over here and radiating with it also. Yet everything is still the same... I still do very unenlightened or unsaintly acts but without hurting others intentionally of course... I could never do that... Most of the time I act according to the standard act of a person aiming toward higher ideals... But this is not about me. This question "why."

As I said earlier, all questions over here are realized as consciousness after some self inquiry and sometimes automatically and even the question "why" loses meaning then. Yet here we are doing good and bad. So why this silly play. All the traditional explanations fail to give an answer. I might be living in sahaja samadhi in the future and realize all is well as I already do now yet like Papaji keep on asking why without having an answer for it.

Who knows, who cares. No separate entity really exists and I realize that... All is one unit formed of consciousness... Yet we can't deny being here and from here I am asking why?

Why this push toward enlightening myself and the whole. Why should everyone be enlightened or not for that matter. Why this whole game from the first place.

Salam
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000