Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 end of the world 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sara01

India
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  08:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi everybody,
especially in the last year this was the hot topic. niburu/planet x, mayan, magnetic flip, etc., what you people think about this? (your answer must have with an explanation.)

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 10 2012 08:21:07 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2012 :  7:39:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the Mayans didn't predict an end of the world - their calendar just ends, probably signifying the beginning of great change. People who think that means the end of the world should be worried on december 31st every year.

Magnetic flip is already happening, although scientists are afraid to say it. The magnetic north pole has moved several hundred miles already, and seems to be unstable. Studies of old volcanic rock shows this same instability before magnetic shifts in the past.

My own personal prediction for dec 2012 is massive electronic interference. Since everything is wireless these days, there will be lots of problems with cell phones, airports, navigation, and much more. Think of everything that depends on wireless. My reasoning behind this is wireless communications always have problems when there are lots of sunspots and solar flares. You may remember about 11 years ago we had a lot of these problems.
That was from a partial alignment.
In dec 2012, there will be a full planetary and solar alignment with the center of the universe, which is the source of cosmic rays. And excess cosmic rays cause sun spots and solar flares to da max. If you plan on flying anywhere near that time, you might bring a sleeping bag, ebook reader and snacks to the airport!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  01:47:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Consciouness is ...nothing ever happened or will happen....
as for the relative material world Lavoisier says: "nothing is lost, nothing is created, everything is transformed".... modern physics says the same thing....
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  03:47:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well nature is as nature does. What is certain is that whatever happens is exactly perfect. No need to second guess it, as that is just an attempt to anticipate the future, a prelude to believing in control, by having some degree of readiness. Useful for boy scouts, but ineffectual in the case of worlds end.

It's a survival instinct brought about by the belief "I am the body".

Better to get on with today's task, you will never prepare for Armageddo, so no point thinking about it. Stay in the moment and see eternity.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2012 :  10:55:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm halfway in between those extremes. Preparing for what I think will happen, and at the same time staying in the moment as much as I can (not enough of course) and not worrying at all, because of the impermanence of this existence.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  05:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
more like the beginning of the world in 2012

really, what do YOU want to happen in 2012? shape your own reality instead of being driven by other's thoughts and ideas
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  05:27:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the Mayans said 2012 brings us to the crossroads. Some people think this means we can choose armageddon or heaven. That both of them exist and it is up to us to decide. It is like the world splitting . . .
Go to Top of Page

Bourgo

USA
57 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  09:07:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Mayan calendar had to end somewhere. They couldn't just write it into infinity....If I was a Mayan working on the calendar and I made to 3000+ years ahead of when I was living I would probably give up too and let them finish it off later.

That said, I'm not sure what will happen (if anything), but I imagine that if anyone knows its the U.S. government, and they would never tell if it was bad because it would cause mass hysteria.

P.S. The earth's magnetic North pole has been moving at a rate of about 25 miles per year, starting in northern Canada in the 1800s and moving toward Russia. A complete pole reversal (N->S or S->N) has happened about 400 times in the earth's history and takes about 1,000 years to complete (they think). Either way, our magnetic field has weakened about 10% in the last 150 years and many scientists believe that this is a sign of a flip in progress.

Edited by - Bourgo on Mar 17 2012 09:14:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  10:27:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the magnetic poles of the sun reverse every 22 years, after two solar cycles of maximum and minimum.

The Mayan calendar was ended intentionally on the 2012 date. But not to indicate the end of the world. It was to indicate the end of an age, and the birth of a new age. Here is an explanation of stone carvings that show this:

http://alignment2012.com/izapa.html
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  5:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't believe the world will end this year, but it's entirely possible. My intention is to live and love fully, now, and accept all experiences that life brings me. The world ending just means we all die, which will happen eventually anyways.

So my suggestion is to live fully and enjoy life now. Love and serve your brother and sisters, and remember that you are immortal in spirit. If the world ends, you will simply move on to another reality where you can continue your search for God.

Love [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2012 :  06:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
matter always existed and will exist..it just takes another form..so there is no end of the world per se....
Go to Top of Page

bmagnum

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2012 :  8:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have still yet to discover what this "end of the world" really means because for me there is no such thing as literal meaning like one day all will perish and the world will crumble. I say that it is something that is more of symbolic that we have yet to understand.

It is very difficult to understand how Mayans say that they are able to predict such event because it has been said for many years and still we don't see the "end" i guess its just all about the matter of faith that we have.
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  3:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course the world ended in 2008,2009,2010,2011, and will do so again in 2012.

The authors clearly realise that the world ends in every moment.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2012 :  8:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know why so many people talk about the "Mayan end of the world" but they don't check into what they are saying. here is the link again explaining it:

http://alignment2012.com/izapa.html

There are a LOT of obvious references to 2012, shown by symbols of the sun lining up with the dark rift, which happens around 2012.
Then a statue pointed at that alignment is of two legs splayed in a birthing position, with a head sticking out.
There is no way that means anything other than a beginning!

Edit:
OK, the head also represents the sun, and the birth canal also represents the dark rift, but still there is nothing that says 2012 is the end of the world, and a birth is definitely a new beginning.

What begins upon this alignment? One of the carvings is of their symbol of good finally conquering their symbol of evil, and standing in triumph.
Ancient Mayans had many different symbols to represent the same word. This gave their artists opportunities to record a story in hieroglyphs while expressing themselves as artists in the WAY the story is conveyed.

Many people dismiss the Mayans as being "primitive" because they sacrificed humans, and think we are the most advanced civilization of all time.
We kill many more people than they did, but feel our reasons are justified; to get rid of evil.
I think if they could have seen us, they would have felt that their reasons for killing were more righteous, because they did it for God, and to promote good harvests, for the common people. They believed that it is impossible to get rid of evil completely because good and evil are the two components that make reality.
They saw blood as life, so spilling blood on the earth was giving life to the earth, and the needs of the many outweighed the loss of the one being sacrificed.
Hmmmm- that's the same way we feel about sacrificing our soldiers. . .

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 23 2012 07:48:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

WoodDragon

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2012 :  08:35:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit WoodDragon's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The world is always ending, every day in every way. Setting dates on a final ending is meaningless as the world is not the universe and the universe itself is ending every day in every way. To me the more pertinent question is "Why do you fear the end of the world?" when we all know fear is an illusion much as this life we have is an illusion and that our expectations of life and its end are also illusions. The future is fluid, it has not set point, it is always moving and changing, so this mass of dynamic illusions is always evolving, how do we then do accurate predictions (which are illusions) which take centuries (which are also illusions) to come into play? Hubris is saying you know the unknowable. How can you know what is not there?
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  07:57:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
New evidence that the ancient Mayans didn't believe the world would end in 2012:
Their long count calendar comes to an end on dec 21, 2012, the period called '13 Baktun'.
But scientists recently found cave paintings referring to 14 and 15 Baktun!
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  1:44:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
see u then at the end of the 14 and 15 Baktun
Go to Top of Page

axelschlotzhauer

Germany
150 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  3:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, without giving an Inka source, Alberto Villoldo joins the Maya calendar

http://www.thefourwinds.com/community/prophecies/

No respecting the indigenous instructors being only a tourist attraction for the higher Western mind is for me spiritual colonialism making an own business with little bread for the socalled degenerate exploited show attractions.

This similar what Mr. Stearns from theosophical society did to yoga in his book on it pretending having no seen a master of it in whole India so the master himself.

There are like Michael Harner, whose position as the leading entrepreneur in this question I did not find, sufficient trainings of Villoldo in Inka religion called shamanism. The mayans by the found own earnings with their materials beyond Carlos Castaneda.

Well, the said tourist pilgrimage to Macchu Pichu for 2012 became a disaster. Enormous rains separated them for weeks from returning. Naturally no revenge of the Inka gods and weathermaking hided priests of them.

Axel
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  8:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

see u then at the end of the 14 and 15 Baktun

OK - it's something like 394 years, so don't expect the same face.

Edited by - Etherfish on May 11 2012 8:12:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 11 2012 :  8:16:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What i said about magnetic pole shift above, I'm not so sure now. the north pole has moved, but scientists say last time it took many many years.

The weirdest part about this, is not whether any of the many prophecies may come true, but that there are so many people who believe they will, so that could be a cause!

How ironic, that people say if we have free will, how can there be prophecies? Well, here is the answer. They are kind of self fulfilling prophecies. The more that people believe them, the more likely they are to happen. So evil leaders who want negative things to happen, instigate hate between people.

Edited by - Etherfish on May 11 2012 8:21:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  04:35:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
OK - it's something like 394 years, so don't expect the same face.

Go to Top of Page

Primarkman

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  09:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've just read a trillogy by Steve Alten. The Mayan Prophacy. The Mayan ressurection and the Mayan Destiny. It's mainly fiction with a sprinkling of fact. It's very good reading. I'm not going to give anything away. go out buy the three book's and settle down for some very good reading.

Namaste,
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 26 2012 :  08:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Newly discovered Mayan calendar goes way past 2012

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/scienc...0/1?csp=Tech

I tried to add this link above, but it was too late to edit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000