Yoga, Science and Philosophy
 Violence
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Primarkman

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  09:15:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've just been reading through some of the posts on this site. the one by Ananda struck me. There Is a lot of violence In this world. there's street gangs everywhere. there are terrorists. I live In London with It's fair share of violence. there are area's of London where you would not want to visit even during the day. violence Is a cancer that's easily spread. It's contagious.among people that live In an environment where violence exist's. I once got caught up In violence myself. I was In a group when a fight broke out. now I'm not a violent person. but that night I got caught up In the excitement and threw a couple of punch'es. the next day I felt ashamed. I think It's human nature to be violent. It ensure's the survival of the fittest. we will never be rid of violence. we are all capable of It. since that night many year's ago I have never hit another person. but that does'nt mean I never wanted to. sometime's situation's arise where violence Is the only option and you have to fight. there are people out there that will say. to meet violence with violence Is not the answer. but living In this day and age we really have no choice.

Namaste.

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  02:33:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Primarkman;

"now I'm not a violent person."
Excellent decision,Namaste

"I think It's human nature to be violent."
I'll have to disagree on that.Never seen a violent baby before...it's a behavior that is adapted later on in life due to external influences .

"to meet violence with violence Is not the answer."

100%...try raising a gun over here...you will see a klashnekoff in your face ....& the party starts.I would never ever get violent even if a gun is raised in my face,I'm not saying I'm speaking through experience.

"since that night many year's ago I have never hit another person. but that does'nt mean I never wanted to."
As a national champion in kyokushinkai & an ex Muay thai player,I always have a tendency to say to myself...why would I accept this nonsense,I can finish all this with a punch....I just watch this desire till it fades away.

"living In this day and age we really have no choice. "
We have a choice!every moment I choose not to be violent.

thanx for sharing & All Love
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  08:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, you have to find a reason to choose not to be violent. My reason is I know how bad it makes me feel later. The bad feeling lasts much, much longer than any good ego feeling I get from being violent.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  09:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting topic. When I try and grasp violence it just sinks like a rock in a river then disintegrates.

Isn't violence a state of mind ? It's not tha action just the thought around the action that is violent. Once you think of defence or offence then it becomes a violent action, otherwise it is just action and has no consequence. Action creates reaction in turn, but if you are not attached to the action you remain untarnished.

I also have been in several fights so understand that in violence fear is present. To visit violence on something or someone gets instant guilt and shame which then has to be suppressed. It's not survival of the fittest because humans are pack animals and work best as teams. Survival is based on being a good team member and violence is not needed although action might be.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  6:50:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

Yes, you have to find a reason to choose not to be violent. My reason is I know how bad it makes me feel later.

I feel that part of us knows that we are harming ourselves in harming another. One of the first times I ever harmed someone in anger, I felt the pain of harming myself. But could've never put it into those words at that time.

Awareness itself will show you this. No philosophy can teach you this.

Much Love [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  01:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Morning everyone;

Just would like to add one thing I've noticed.The same guys that are violent at a certain moment can be very compassion & kind at another moment.

Lately,two men had a fight in my neighborhood.One decided to raise his gun.The other reaction was " you're raising a gun .......,wait a sec".He went inside his shop & brought a klashnekoff...in few minutes that guy brought his men & the other guy brought his men...& since everyone thinks himself to be a hero...things got really crazy.

Next day,the same guy that turned the neighborhood upside down was helping an old lady crossing the street & feeding some street cat...& later on joking & chatting with the guys he had fight with.

<me scratching my head thinking this can't be the same violent person from yesterday!!>

How I look at it,these guys see nothing wrong with what they do.they have not even a trace of guilt afterward.

they are living,while I'm analyzing & trying to know Why & how hoping they won't be violent for the sake of everybody.But the truth!I'm the only one who sees something is wrong.They are perfectly fine with it!

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 21 2012 :  02:22:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kids don't care too

I & my sister once took my nieces & nephew to a fantasyland.When we were in the restaurant inside there.I saw guys with guns coming towards the restaurant. Instantly I grabbed two kids & went and hid in the toilet & sister did the same but went to kitchen...it was so instant we couldn't communicate.In few seconds,heavy gun shooting was heard in the restaurant <they were after some guy>...I was hugging the two crying kids on the toilet floor the only words I could think of " La Illah ela Allah"

A week or two later,the kids wanted to go & play there again...they totally forgot what happened...their reply was "But it's over!the bad guys are gone!"....

While I!Even if God himself is there,I wouldn't go there ever again!

Love

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000