New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chaz

USA
129 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  3:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I thought this might be an interesting discussion, at least for me because of the accuracy I've observed in philosophies such as astrology and numerology. I've always wondered how these influences come into play. I know the stars and planets can determine the energies we deal with on a daily basis, but how do predictable patterns in numbers come about from one's name and birthday?

If you're not too familiar with numerology, one really good book is The Life You Were Born To Live by Dan Miller. Gives a lot of perspective on why we are here and what challenges we may face, although he only goes in-depth on the Life Path number, which is determined by the sum of your birth date and reveals the traits you will carry through life from birth and the path you will take. Based on the information from the book my birthday gives me a life path number of 34/7. This is what is said about my life path;

quote:
34/7
3: Expression
4: Stability
7: Trust
All digits have an influence — but the
bolded issue is key to your hidden calling.
Those on the 34/7 or 43/7 life path are here to work through issues of trust, patience, and emotional expression and to have faith in the spiritual process operating within their life, establishing security by finding practical ways to contribute to others. Both these life paths present the opportunity of blending the incisive mind of 7s with the down-to-earth practicality of mature 4s and the sensitivity and expressiveness of 3s. Since our life purpose always offers some tests and hurdles, 34/7s and 43/7s may feel their energies in conflict, polarized, and pulling in different directions: While 7 tends to pull them “upward,” into the higher mind or in some cases into metaphysical interests and practices, 4 tends to pull them “downward,” into daily life, family, and practical business concerns. As these 7 and 4 energies mature and integrate, they form a powerful synthesis, enabling 34/7s and 43/7s to build a kind of bridge between heaven and Earth in creative ways, such as making money while bringing more beauty, happiness, or awareness into the world.

Copyright © 2012 Dan Millman. All rights reserved.

You can calculate your life path on his site here; http://www.peacefulwarrior.com/life...e-calculator

It's all from the book, although it doesn't go into the positives and negatives you have to work with.

Numerology goes a little further though in exploring who we are and why, and the philosophy also includes numbers derived from our birth names. There are three other significant numbers calculated from your name. The destiny number, a result of all the letters in your name is said to be your life's potential or destiny, the soul urge number comes from the vowels in your name and is your innermost wants and urges, and then the inner dream, which comes from the consonants in your name and represents your strongest, deepest fantasies or dreams.

There's tons of different sources on the internet if you want to know more about the philosophy. To make it simple though, you can use this online calculator as well that I've always found to be pretty good;
http://www.paulsadowski.com/Numbers.asp

Here's what it had to say about my name and corresponding numbers;

quote:
There are 14 letters in your name.
Those 14 letters total to 74
There are 5 vowels and 9 consonants in your name.

What your first name means:
English Male A man. Variant of Carl.

Your number is: 11

The characteristics of #11 are: High spiritual plane, intuitive, illumination, idealist, a dreamer.

The expression or destiny for #11:
Your Expression number is 11. The number 11 is the first of the master numbers. It is associated with idealistic concepts and rather spiritual issues. Accordingly, it is a number with potentials that are somewhat more difficult to live up to. You have the capacity to be inspirational, and the ability to lead merely by your own example. An inborn inner strength and awareness can make you an excellent teacher, social worker, philosopher, or advisor. No matter what area of work you pursue, you are very aware and sensitive to the highest sense of your environment. Your intuition is very strong; in fact, many psychic people and those involved in occult studies have the number 11 expression. You possess a good mind with keen analytical ability. Because of this you can probably succeed in most lines of work, however, you will do better and be happier outside of the business world. Oddly enough, even here you generally succeed, owing to your often original and unusual approach. Nonetheless, you are more content working with your ideals, rather than dollars and cents.

The positive aspect of the number 11 expression is an always idealistic attitude. Your thinking is long term, and you are able to grasp the far-reaching effects of actions and plans. You are disappointed by the shortsighted views of many of your contemporaries. You are deeply concerned and supportive of art, music, or of beauty in any form.

The negative attitudes associated with the number 11 expression include a continuous sense of nervous tension; you may be too sensitive and temperamental. You tend to dream a lot and may be more of a dreamer than a doer. Fantasy and reality sometimes become intermingled and you are sometimes very impractical. You tend to want to spread the illumination of your knowledge to others irrespective of their desire or need.

Your Soul Urge number is: 3

A Soul Urge number of 3 means:
With the Soul Urge number 3 your desire in life is personal expression, and generally enjoying life to its fullest. You want to participate in an active social life and enjoy a large circle of friends. You want to be in the limelight, expressing your artistic or intellectual talents. Word skills may be your thing; speaking, writing, acting, singing. In a positive sense, the 3 energy is friendly, outgoing and always very social.

You have a decidedly upbeat attitude that is rarely discouraged; a good mental and emotional balance.

The 3 Soul Urge gives intuitive insight, thus, very high creative and inspirational tendencies. The truly outstanding trait shown by the 3 Soul Urge is that of self-expression, regardless of the field of endeavor.

On the negative side, you may at times become too easygoing and too optimistic, tending to scatter forces and accomplish very little. Often, the excessive 3 energy produces non-stop talkers. Everyone has faults, but the 3 soul urge doesn't appreciate having these pointed out.

Your Inner Dream number is: 8

An Inner Dream number of 8 means:
You dream of success in the business or political world, of power and control of large material endeavors. You crave authority and recognition of executive skills. Your secret self may have very strong desire to become an entrepreneur.

Anyone care to share their numbers and compare how we feel about them in relation to ourselves? Does it seem pretty accurate for you?

I've always been one to self-analyze, and when I read through my numbers and what is said about them, they each hit the nail on the head. Everything is absolutely true for me in my own experience. I disagree with almost none of what is mentioned above, because thinking back since even childhood, since before my knowledge of numerology or anything like that, I always had these traits. It's a mystery that our name could have such an influence on our lives. I can't speak for everyone though. In my own opinion, this philosophy and the knowledge it provides has confirmed a lot about myself that deep down I always knew, or was figuring out, but I never built an image from these numbers. They are just helpful signs on the road for me.

So how do some of you feel about numerology? I'd like to know how the philosophy was discovered and how and why numbers can play such big roles in our life. It's a very big mystery I'd say.

I'm curious to see what the numbers have to say about some of you.

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  4:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chaz;
yes this is interesting.

I was actually thinking today about a similar subject.the number "14" seems to be related to major incidents & changes in my life.

Here's mine:

24/6
2: Cooperation
4: Stability
6: Vision
All digits have an influence — but the
bolded issue is key to your hidden calling.
Those on the 24/6 or 42/6 life path are here to work through issues of perfectionism, process, and responsibility, taking life one step at a time, manifesting their vision in practical ways, and accepting the inherent perfection of their life. Since our life purpose doesn’t come easily, 24/6s and 42/6s have a hard time accepting themselves, others, and the world as they are. Both 24/6s and 42/6s can get lost worrying about petty details — things they said, should have said, or shouldn’t have said or done. Regrets and guilts are a familiar part of their life until 24/6s and 42/6s expand their vision to the bigger picture, to the overriding perfection of life. With 4 issues combined with ideals of 6 energy, 24/6s and 42/6s have difficulty with patience; they see their own and everyone else’s potential and push to reach the summit, but they would rather make the journey in one leap than follow the step-by-step process they’re here to master.

Quite accurate I have to say.

-----------------------------------------------------

the second one:

There are 15 letters in your name.
Those 15 letters total to 66
There are 7 vowels and 8 consonants in your name.

Your number is: 3

The characteristics of #3 are: Expression, verbalization, socialization, the arts, the joy of living.

The expression or destiny for #3:
An Expression of 3 produces a quest for destiny with words along a variety of lines that may include writing, speaking, singing, acting or teaching; our entertainers, writers, litigators, teachers, salesmen, and composers. You also have the destiny to sell yourself or sell just about any product that comes along. You are imaginative in your presentation, and you may have creative talents in the arts, although these are more likely to be latent. You are an optimistic person that seems ever enthusiastic about life and living. You are friendly, loving and social, and people like you because you are charming and such a good conversationalist. Your ability to communicate may often inspire others. It is your role in life to inspire and motivate; to raise the spirits of those around you.

The negative side of number 3 Expression is superficiality. You may tend to scatter your forces and simply be too easygoing. It is advisable for the negative 3 to avoid dwelling on trivial matters, especially gossip.

Your Soul Urge number is: 8

A Soul Urge number of 8 means:
With an 8 soul urge, you have a natural flair for big business and the challenges imposed by the commercial world. Power, status and success are very important to you. You have strong urges to supervise, organize and lead. Material desires are also very pronounced. You have good executive abilities, and with these, confidence, energy and ambition.

Your mind is analytical and judgment sound; you're a good judge of material values and also human character. Self-controlled, you rarely let emotions cloud judgment. You are somewhat of an organizer at heart, and you like to keep those beneath you organized and on a proper track. This is a personality that wants to lead, not follow. You want to be known for your planning ability and solid judgment.

The negative aspects of the 8 soul urge are the often dominating and exacting attitude. You may have a tendency to be very rigid, sometimes stubborn.

Your Inner Dream number is: 4

An Inner Dream number of 4 means:
You dream of being a very solid citizen that people can depend upon. You strive for organization and predictable order. You want to be recognized as a person with a plan and the discipline to make that plan work like clockwork.

Also I can relate.

thank you that was fun to do.

Love
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - May 18 2012 :  11:59:55 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chaz

My math is bad, but I think I'm 35:8 or so.

I read Millman's book 10 or so years ago and found it highly accurate. Not just for myself, but also for the 5+ people I know that I read about.

Can't say that I know anything about numerology, and my interest in it is very passive. I see the number 108 and my birth month+day on a near daily basis, and it fascinates me. I believe there is meaning in it, but I don't know what it is, and I don't investigate it.

God speaks in numbers, among other mediums. Like an infant, I hear God's voice and understand the emotion behind it, but do not consciously know the meaning of the "words"

AUM Love Namaste [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000