New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 19 2012 :  11:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ananda

quote:
Most of the time I act according to the standard act of a person aiming toward higher ideals... But this is not about me. This question "why."

You are the one asking it - so in that sense it is very much you. And that is why I find it beautiful. It is an authentic question....all burning questions are.

Anyway - I can only say that it was a great help for me seeing that I always mistook the "why this whole play" ....."why this game".......to be about the big picture. I always wanted answers to the big questions first (my tendencies are stubborn and impatient).....not seeing that "why this" or "what is this" is extremely potent once it is posed in the immediate reality I find myself in.

So in other words......"why this game" equals "why is this such a burning question in me?"...."what is the motivation behind this question?"....."what is this whole play going on right here in me?"......"What is this judgement doing here?....What is the significance of it....what is it showing me?"

To inquire into how the big picture is actually playing itself out when we identify with a judgement (or any object for that matter) brings light....it slowly dissolves that which makes the bigger picture muddled. It may give small answers to the "why" - but it is in no way insignificant.

Slowly we become walking, wordless answers to the questions we so diligently ...over years and years.....inquired into. To reduce this to just be about consciousness I cannot do. It is fathomless. But - the many words explaining this sameness is of no use to one who is deep in the dire distress of living in fear and pain.

When we are looking and willing to act from a place of integrity....daring to live in the midst of it all.....is like being destilled.....like a fine wine. And it is not for us to drink......our thirst is quenched in the serving......the wine is for everyone else!

It is the wine (wisdom) that is extracted slowly over the years that makes a difference in the world. And that is all I care about. To see to it that the destillary is kept in order so the wine stays clean. I do not have to travel to Africa to make a difference. It is enough to open the door of my own house. To welcome whoever is there in.....or to go out into the streets and give a helping hand whenever the chance presents itself....in whatever way life presents it.

The small picture may look like a little thing....but it truly is not. It is everything.

Thank you so much for this exchange Ananda...... I always enjoy this kind of direct talk.
Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  02:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am enjoying this talk with you a lot also and really admire your posts and I am learning from your own experience and wisdom... I've cornered this question from all angles... All I hear is trust in the unknown.

Salam dear
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  05:28:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wa Alaikum As-Salam dear Ananda
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - May 20 2012 :  05:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

The smaller picture William Blake was able to illustrate this.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 28 2012 :  10:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A q&a between me and Yogani, to my surprise his answer satisfied me

Here you guys go:

Q: Dear Yogani,

I used to ask who am I? until I discovered that there is no small or separate I... Then I started asking what am I? this lead to an impersonal experience of everything as consciousness... Even thoughts, feelings and everyone and everything... Being one consciousness... Now I am asking "Why? why from the first place?" I mean there is pain suffering and wars ect

None of the answers provided by religions to the why have satisfied me. Neither the hindu play of Lila nor the muslim, christian, jewish versions... Which can be summerized by the muslim quotation from the Quran "I was a hidden treasure and wanted to be known so I came forth with creation."

Sri Ramana used to push people away from this answer and tell them God will take care of things... The most good you can do is become enlightened yourself. But even though I care much about the suffering of others yet I am searching for a satisfying answer as per why all this came to be from the first place.

From the stand point of absolute truth, this question is itself awareness and the one asking it is of the same nature so the question is meaningless and it doesn't make sense for me to ask it yet still here I am having this conversation with you. I can't deny I am here.. I wanna know why?

Could you please help me in this question.. It seems like an unsolvable koan yet Jesus said knock and though shall find. So here I am knocking. Would appreciate your feedback very much.

Love,
Ananda

A:Hi Ananda:

There is no easy answer to "Why?" Neither is there an easy answer to "Why not?" I think both questions are equal.

Out of emptiness (literally) comes this universe with its billions of galaxies, stars, planets ... and life. It is all evolving, often with great violence.

Why?

It is seeking more, at least that is what we can observe, and that is also why we seek to awaken -- to know, to become free of the dichotomy (opposites) of life. In the end it all goes back to where it started -- to emptiness. That is how it is.

We come here, dance the dance of life for a while (a split second in eternity), share as much love as we can, and move on.

Why? ... Why not? .. It cannot be answered in the mind ... only in deeply becoming what it is. Even then, the mind cannot express it, except in acceptance, a loving smile, and service.

Yes, there is much injustice in the world. We can work to stop it, and we should because we care. The fact that we care is a clue that there is something more. But that does not answer the "why" of it. Only in becoming the flow can we know. It is not a matter of mind. It is a matter of heart and the flow of love. As we know, love knows no reason. The "why" of love has no answer. It just is...

As always, it gets back to clearing our inner view, and living from there as best we can. That is all any of us can do. There are a thousand ways to express it. It is beyond the question, "Why?" and also beyond "Who?" or "What?" All of these questions lead to the same place, when asked in stillness.

The guru is in you.

Yogani
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  2:54:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Salam Ananda;

what is reality & what is dream...I feel like sharing this dream over here-hope it's alright with you-Just for the record.

I had a dream where I was sitting in some tower & watching a very huge dark wave approaching slowly (Almost 12 floors high) & i weren't sure if it will swallow me as well.What happened is that it swallowed all the houses & the area...then drew back leaving behind it total destruction.I could hear people screaming,crying....& then I heard a voice saying twice "You see what God did to Tiru,You see what God did to TIru"

I was sitting there at the tower watching in pain,took out olives from my pocket & started eating...I could smell & sense God's presence all over the place total tranquillity,Peace & All power..."I asked God why you did this to them...what guilt the children & families did to die drowning in their sleep and their beds like that!"....I got no answer...just presence.then I asked again"What about me,why you didn't destroy me as well"...also no answer but I felt Love...as if it's all has been done out of Love...

I still felt pain for the people there but I left the scene to some beautiful town full of roses & white blossomed trees.

May God protect Tiru & Lebanon ...as I'm not sure for whom this dream is.

Love

Edited by - Delara on May 29 2012 3:10:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  3:24:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks for sharing dear Delara... Your post is filled with the perfume of the presence you speak of

I've had a dream or a vision yesterday also, don't know how to describe it but I was within the body of a syrian fighter who shot two young teenagers.. He felt so much pain, sadness and reluctance within his heart yet he had to do it... For his own survival and those he loved... What's happening in Syria nowadays is horrifying but It's much different when one looks from the outside instead of going through the whole thing first hand..

This whole asking has been like a zen koan for me... My mind and heart have reached a moment of surrender. Let Her will be done.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  3:39:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad...I can feel how that must have felt.

Bless you .

I Love Allah so much so Whatever his will,let it be.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 29 2012 :  3:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a dear friend & sister in Damascus.She could hardly breath from all the death & violence around.
Let keep the families & people of Syria in our Prayers & Samyama.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000