New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  4:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you want to sit in the waiting room or, wait in the sitting room ?

It's like déjà vu, over and over again.

Always go to other peoples funerals or they won't come to yours.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  4:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bourgo

I just read this whole thread and......

I am so very confused.

Hi Bourgo;
If it's related to something I said,ask & I'll try to answer if I know.
Specify what you find confusing.

Love
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  5:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry dear Bourgo, speaking for myself I didn't mean to confuse anyone. Just wanted to say to people be more real and help more on a person to person basis. All this higher consciousness rising and energy work is ok but not enough.
Go to Top of Page

Bourgo

USA
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  08:45:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am just struggling to gather exactly what people's belief systems are. There are a lot of beliefs that seem to be in line with buddhism at first, but upon closer examination conflict with it. For instance, I saw a video yesterday of somebody named Inelia Benz that claimed she was sent to the earth to get it on track, heal people, etc.... and at first, she seemed very sincere and down to earth. But then, I listened to her interview with someone for about 20 minutes and caught many statements that either (a) conflicted with themselves or (b) conflicted with the common belief system of Buddhism.

I am just struggling to determine what most people here believe, and then see whether or not I feel those things "go together" or conflict.

Sorry to cause so much confusion myself!!
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  09:12:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bourgo

I am just struggling to gather exactly what people's belief systems are. There are a lot of beliefs that seem to be in line with buddhism at first, but upon closer examination conflict with it. For instance, I saw a video yesterday of somebody named Inelia Benz that claimed she was sent to the earth to get it on track, heal people, etc.... and at first, she seemed very sincere and down to earth. But then, I listened to her interview with someone for about 20 minutes and caught many statements that either (a) conflicted with themselves or (b) conflicted with the common belief system of Buddhism.

I am just struggling to determine what most people here believe, and then see whether or not I feel those things "go together" or conflict.

No need to be sorry.I can relate to what you say. I've been challenged by the believes I had & still...I'm surprised how much my subconscious mind has in store But at the end these are just thoughts...we can choose to identify with this whirling wheel of thoughts or step out & be the witness .I choose the latter.

As I look at it...All of these don't matter in the end!what matter is to take the decision to be happy every moment & not be identified with what you listen to....let it pass!

Love
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  09:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well beliefs are just untested ideas. Best to find out for yourself directly. Trust your gut instinct, be yourself in all things. If it doesn't seem correct to you then either investigate further or push the plate politely aside.
Go to Top of Page

jeff

USA
971 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  10:20:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bourgo,

I think you will find that the members here have a very wide variety of perspectives/backgrounds. Why is it important for you to understand AYP member's belief frameworks? Do you have your own?

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  10:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can't say I have any belief system myself. I am open to experience and for change all the time... Most importantly to admit I am wrong when logic interferes.

I don't know what use you'll get from knowing what other people believe in or to play these mind games. Best to go sit and meditate or inquire who is the one experiencing interest in the belief of others and what is the nature of beliefs...

I wish you all the best on the path you choose my friend. Others have given good advise also.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2012 :  11:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

My belief is to let go all beliefs...
But wait... that's a contradiction... that is a belief too... hmmmm...
No wonder there is so much confusion...

Why not just go with what you believe in and stay open to the idea it may change over time. What seems like a conflict now will become a "go together" as your inner understanding/knowing increases
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  07:09:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
More Reality Check... 10 year old Children are now carrying Guns in my beloved country
http://www.kataeb.org/News/343076?r...eature=share
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  09:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

More Reality Check... 10 year old Children are now carrying Guns in my beloved country

I had a cat!She would wait for the opportunity to go upstairs & catch birds.I used to get angry with her & tried to change her nature...in vain.Most of these birds passed away in her mouth or the ones we rescued ...she would find her way to kill them again.She made me sick.

Now,I feel even killing is God's act.we fail to recognize that!

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  10:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know it is... But there's no way to understand or make any sense of logic out of it all... Why... Really why?
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  2:43:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i will paraphrase this which was said by Francis Lucille..
yes ultimately everything comes from Totality...yet there is a difference ...actions that come from Totality will be spontaneous and a reflection of Beauty,Love etc.....whereas actions that come from a belief in a separate entity are dividing actions by their nature,which leads to ugliness,hatred,wars,divisions....Ramana Maharshi is not the same as Hitler....
hope this will help a bit in understanding

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  3:02:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear, you know that I am a book worm from one hand and that I've searched a lot on the other... I am doing my part in helping also instead of just nagging about the whole thing. But no one ever gave a good answer for why. Okay I might become enlightened and at peace and detached... I've had peak experience and have reached a certain point of stability to understand why saints say all is well, all is okay in the world. But reality check is, hey look people are still starving to death, war, sickness ect ect We can blame it all on karma but that's no answer for the why.

All is consciousness, all is alright... I am tired of all this talk. Also tired of the middle eastern rethoric of "I created human beings to know me or to worship me."

No one gives a good reason for the why... All the of above I've mentioned is useless. There's so much suffering and injustice.. By why, I mean why all this. Why all this mess from the first place... It's really chaos without making any sense at all. Why go through suffering from the beginning. I've been reading lately about the children of Fallujah in Iraq who are victims to white fosfor... That really killed me and made me doubt. God exist... He is real, I realize that. But why.

I don't care about the one who's asking, in the light of awareness even the question why is awareness. But very very few are the ones who realize that. There's still so much suffering...

I rest my case.
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  3:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"
quote:
Originally posted by Delara

quote:

I had a cat!She would wait for the opportunity to go upstairs & catch birds.I used to get angry with her & tried to change her nature...in vain.Most of these birds passed away in her mouth or the ones we rescued ...she would find her way to kill them again.She made me sick.

Yeah Predator and prey are divine. Neither knows the other to be itself. And life goes on. Death makes living possible. Forms rise and fall.

Our nature is peaceful, but currently we're in infancy. Evolution seems to be speeding up though...

"This silence, this moment, every moment, if it's genuinely inside you, brings what you need. There's nothing to believe. Only when I stopped believing in myself did I come into this beauty. Sit quietly, and listen for a voice that will say, 'Be more silent.' Die and be quiet. Quietness is the surest sign that you've died. Your old life was a frantic running from silence. Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence." -Rumi

Love to All
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  3:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by chas

"
quote:

quote:

Yeah Predator and prey are divine. Neither knows the other to be itself. And life goes on. Death makes living possible. Forms rise and fall.

Our nature is peaceful, but currently we're in infancy. Evolution seems to be speeding up though...

"This silence, this moment, every moment, if it's genuinely inside you, brings what you need. There's nothing to believe. Only when I stopped believing in myself did I come into this beauty. Sit quietly, and listen for a voice that will say, 'Be more silent.' Die and be quiet. Quietness is the surest sign that you've died. Your old life was a frantic running from silence. Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence." -Rumi

Love to All

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  3:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes dear Chas, this is helpful for someone like me. The advise you have given is pretty much included in what I've mentioned above. What good does it do to that boy with a gun or to those children who are dying out of starvation or sickness. Ramana Maharshi used to say, they are not your responsibility God created them he will take care of them. Whereas a voice in my head is telling me I created you to help them... And I am doing my part but I know I can do much more and I am not giving the whole thing it's due. It feels like I should renounce this material life I am living. But I know that renunciates do and don't think much about the whole thing.

Still no answer to the question why all this. Why the game, why the ignorance of illusion from the place. I remember reading Harilal Poonja better known as Papaji saying in the book nothing ever happened that he couldn't know why. He went to the farthest reaches of self realization yet he never knew why.

I rest my case and take a fall into the unknown on this one. I don't care to know any more better just go out and do something more about the suffering that's happening.

Salam
Go to Top of Page

chas

USA
209 Posts

Posted - May 13 2012 :  5:49:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

I can't speak to detachment or renunciation. Nor can I give a clear answer as to why. As Papaji found, there is no clear answer. There is a deeper knowing all is well. It is not mental knowing. It is mental unknowing. 'Why's' dissolve... Why is bliss consciousness blissful in the lion and the antelope, even as the lion is devouring the antelope? It just Is. It can't not be.

In us, some of the expressions are love, peace, compassion. I see and feel all this alive and well in you. Sincerely, by all means, do help. Spread peace, compassion, and love. Feed everyone you meet. And you are. You just being is doing so much. And there is so much to do. Thank you for being here.

[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

Edited by - chas on May 13 2012 9:20:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  12:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is the second time where you've of great support and understanding dear Chas both over here and on email... Thank you for your understanding

Much love to you.

Peace,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  12:44:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,
From hanging with Bernie Prior for over 6 years, I have come to make an understanding of it that calms me. It's all about evolution! Consciousness evolves. It evolves through experience. ALL experience. All the heavy, coarse, ugly etc is working like sandpaper. It scratches and refines consciousness. It creates a contrast to Truth and Love that expands it even further. Pain and suffering IS the tool consciousness invented this time, on this planet, in this universe. And it's a mutual refinement. When the coarse and the fine scratch against eachother, they both get finer!!!

Evolution will eventually bring the whole consciousness/universe to enlightenment. All form will be fully conscious living Shakti. Consciousness itself wants to go Home to Source, just as all individuals wants to go Home and find peace. So that's why no single individual is enlightened until we all are! And it's so far a great majority not even interested in awakening on Earth. Pain is the tool to wake them up!

We are lightworkers, we are a vanguard, we are seeing it already, because we are ready to. Our service to others is therefore essential.

If you want to get a grasp of how these bigger perspectives can be described, listen to Bernie directly. The two interviews below on the page, from 13 and 14 May 2009, are really good.

http://www.nevernothere.com/bernie-prior

Edited by - emc on May 14 2012 01:05:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  01:57:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I rest my case and take a fall into the unknown on this one. I don't care to know any more better just go out and do something more about the suffering that's happening.

Salam

Morning!

Yes,that's my approach lately as well.It's kind of relieving that you Ananda go through similar reality check & similar thoughts.For as you know,mention these enquiries to someone over here & they think you have a fever or something

Love
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  03:40:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks dearest emc... You are really missed Hope all is going great for you [img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  03:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Salam

Morning!

Yes,that's my approach lately as well.It's kind of relieving that you Ananda go through similar reality check & similar thoughts.For as you know,mention these enquiries to someone over here & they think you have a fever or something

Love

I actually do have some fever Finally getting out of it lol

And yes I understand what you're saying. From the standpoint of truth and unity all is okay. But what good does that do for the ones suffering as hell... Let's just leave it to God. If someone like Papaji never answered it and Ramana always referred people to leave that stuff to God. What chance do we get in knowing the answer. Let's just help as much as we can and live as best as it's possible..

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  03:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Agree!
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  06:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yes dear Chas, this is helpful for someone like me. The advise you have given is pretty much included in what I've mentioned above. What good does it do to that boy with a gun or to those children who are dying out of starvation or sickness. Ramana Maharshi used to say, they are not your responsibility God created them he will take care of them. Whereas a voice in my head is telling me I created you to help them... And I am doing my part but I know I can do much more and I am not giving the whole thing it's due. It feels like I should renounce this material life I am living. But I know that renunciates do and don't think much about the whole thing.

Still no answer to the question why all this. Why the game, why the ignorance of illusion from the place. I remember reading Harilal Poonja better known as Papaji saying in the book nothing ever happened that he couldn't know why. He went to the farthest reaches of self realization yet he never knew why.

Salam

Hi Ananda & All,

In my experience, as we open more and more, what falls away is the conditioned need to evaluate and decide.

We begin to navigate more and more by what we're internally drawn to do; we let ourselves flow in more natural ways.

That flowing may involve helping someone in an "on the ground" way, or it may not.

And, in my experience, anyway, bit by bit, we find that we're clearly living more authentically and beneficially for all, observably, regardless of what anyone -- including our own mind -- thinks about it. Just opening to inner silence offers more of a contribution than conditioned mind can understand.

If we feel troubled, conditioned mind is over active, and being relied on too heavily, in my experience.

My oldest daughter sent me a text last night, which contained only this quote:

"If you work on your mind with your mind, how can you avoid immense confusion?"

I replied:

"Exactly! Back *away* from the mind. "

As I'm pretty sure someone somewhere once said:

Mind is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.15 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000