Reality Check
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  12:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I experienced one hell of a reality check yesterday. I said damn man.. This world of spirituality could really distance you in some ways from reality... I mean I help and all but from distance, mostly monetarily and with good intentions and prayers and my work through the AYP arabic website. But what I saw yesterday was like a slap on the face. Life lifted a sign to tell me that everything is not all right.

In the span of a few hours.. I saw someone hit a guy with an Iron stick cold heartedly as if he's not a human being he's beating... Saw two young teenagers blaspheming and talking in a way that was hey the kids aren't all right... After wards I went with two friends of mine to visit the girlfriend of one of these guys in her house and we had a good time and all and afterwards her mom came in and she turned out to be one of those hidden great and modest saints with a white aura glowing like none whom I've seen before and a beautiful motherly presence and quietude and love around her.. Never mention the white lights of course... Scenery scenery ect ect... I had a blast in short... And was graced to have met a very beautiful genuine human being.

But afterwards I went walking home with a friend and then suddenly while on our way.. Someone with a face that's obviously have taken some beating a short while back came forward towards us with his right hand hidden behind his back as if ready to lift up something to stab or shoot us... He came over with his friend and just asked us where are we from... After we said so, he said you may go... My friend who is familiar with that area concluded it's something like a hoodlum war or a war between gatherings who live in different streets down in that area...

This morning I was also reading about the horrible and heart breaking suffering of refugees coming from a neighbouring country... With this into mind and recollecting everything I saw and heard yesterday I'd say damn no nothing is all right. The world is far from it. People are seriously sick. This whole global rise of consciousness is non sense. Nothing has changed except technology. Human beings as always throughout history and now are still killing each other. The only difference is it's much easier to waste a life now.

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  01:10:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Everything is speeding up. Consciousness as well as violence and other stuff, AND our awareness of it. I feel there may be a tipping point ahead.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  01:53:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I saw someone hit a guy with an Iron stick cold heartedly as if he's not a human being he's beating...

this is horrible to see ...
quote:
My friend who is familiar with that area concluded it's something like a hoodlum war or a war between gatherings who live in different streets down in that area...

are they sectarian gatherings?? the famous sick Lebanese
sectarianism?
fully understand your emotional reaction Ananda to all the misery in the world...on the personal level one does what one can do to improve his surroundings...neverthless bad things (as well as good things) will happen no matter what and it is all divine Lila...Consciouness manifests itself in all names,forms and actions.....this does not mean one should start doing or accumulating bad things....that is why Yogani insists on the need of individual and global meditations happening at the same time in order to tilt the balance towards more "right" actions instead of "bad" ones

Edited by - maheswari on Mar 31 2012 01:56:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  05:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pain is also love. Violence is Life lifeing. It takes some DEEP looking into your own violence to see that. Keep up the good work, ananda!

Gandhi: "When I despair, I remember that the way of truth and love has always won. There may be tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it: always."

"The only devils in this world are those running around in our own hearts, and that is where all our battles ought to be fought."
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Gandhi quotes

I understand why mystics would say that it's all good and that no one is aware of what they're doing and no one is to blame because there is no one from the pure advaitic look and point of view and that there's a God or Gods taking care of everything ect...

But hey this is reality. Half the world is suffering from hunger and the other half is on a diet. We could talk duality and non duality all day long... It's no use.

The balance which was still is the same... No good winning over bad.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  06:18:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can only sort your self out. You cannot condemn war if there is a war in your own heart, you cannot condemn greed if you also seek that which you do not need.

As jesus said. Take the plank of wood from your own eye before looking at the splinter in another's and let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2012 :  08:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is our choice whether to align our consciousness with peace or with violence.
Two kinds of people will choose violence; those who want to act violently, and those who think it should end, and want to help people.
That brings up the question of can people really be helped?
I have not been able to find the answer for that.
Go to Top of Page

shades

Sweden
35 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2012 :  10:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think you all put it very good. Maybe we cannot see the answer, before the suffering is gone.
If you could see the answer of suffering, then it would disappear, right?

Namaste,
shades
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  05:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

I experienced one hell of a reality check yesterday. I said damn man.. This world of spirituality could really distance you in some ways from reality... I mean I help and all but from distance, mostly monetarily and with good intentions and prayers and my work through the AYP arabic website. But what I saw yesterday was like a slap on the face. Life lifted a sign to tell me that everything is not all right.

Exactly!
Two individuals had a conflict & changed my neighborhood into a war zone few days back...Klashankoffs..heavy guns....i shall say you're lucky living in an area where they use old fashioned weapons... :D...knives?

my neighbor..18 years old guy got attacked by 14 men stabbing him with knives & hitting him with guns and stuff...

So?how is spirituality helping?...by dumbing the mind & convince us everything is alright?
& it's God's lilas and it's their Karma?

I have to say these higher beings seem blood thirsty to me or else they would have done something about the violence long time back instead of enslaving our minds :)

Go to Top of Page

Will Power

Spain
415 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Delara
So?how is spirituality helping?...by dumbing the mind & convince us everything is alright?

I have to say these higher beings seem blood thirsty to me or else they would have done something about the violence long time back instead of enslaving our minds :)

Actually there are higher beings that heal people. You don't have to trust me or any theory. But if you want, try yoga and after some time you'll realize that you are more peaceful, the anoying waterfall of thoughts has turned to a beautiful lake, and there will flow more love through you and you'll be able to expand the heaven on earth.
Violence emerges due to lack of stillnes of the mind, which is healed with meditation and yoga practices.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  10:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Will power...believe me...I'm cursed/blessed with more Love than I can handle...& without any higher beings
Go to Top of Page

IfOnly

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  11:29:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

Exactly!
Two individuals had a conflict & changed my neighborhood into a war zone few days back...Klashankoffs..heavy guns....i shall say you're lucky living in an area where they use old fashioned weapons... :D...knives?

my neighbor..18 years old guy got attacked by 14 men stabbing him with knives & hitting him with guns and stuff...

Kali is a very bloodthirsty indeed

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  12:14:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

IfOnly

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2012 :  7:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Will Power

quote:

Actually there are higher beings that heal people. You don't have to trust me or any theory. But if you want, try yoga and after some time you'll realize that you are more peaceful, the anoying waterfall of thoughts has turned to a beautiful lake, and there will flow more love through you and you'll be able to expand the heaven on earth.
Violence emerges due to lack of stillnes of the mind, which is healed with meditation and yoga practices.

I would not consider them as 'higher beings' I would call them narcissistic elitist torturers of humanity, playing with our lives, allowing our children to die of diseases or be disabled while they play stupid pastimes of war and sex, mirroring us poor humans.

Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  02:15:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello IfOnly;

you'll have to forgive me for I don't agree with what you said.I've been visited by Mother Kali before & she's full of Love...& to my surprise she's blue :)...I've been visited by many saints and higher beings without any intention from my side.
I guess I'm pissed off because I feel I'm like a channel to those beings...which was not part of the deal in the beginning...so I feel like a fool :)

I might have over-reacted because of pain from the violence and suffering I see around...& I don't know what to think or how to help!
Salam

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  09:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,
I hope you dont mind me giving you a HUG.

I feel what you feel my dear. I have gone through this so many times... the frustration of seeing things around me that I feel so incapable of changing.

What I say may not make any difference at the mind level, but see if you can feel it.

We know samyama consists of Dharana, dhyana and samadhi. Bringing/becoming aware of an object/sutra (dharana), holding it in mind for a few seconds (dhyana), dropping it into inner silence (samadhi).

As we get good with samyama, our entire life becomes samyama. Every moment is picked up and dropped into inner silence. When something bothers us, we become aware of it, we put some energy into it by holding it in our mind for a bit and then we drop it into inner silence with an intention to find an answer.

As we start seeing this more, we realize, the principles of samyama work both ways.

Every moment we have a choice of picking something, holding it and...
letting it go in inner silence with an intention to find an answer
or
holding on to it and giving it a lot of mental energy and making it a reality.

Now, if we chose to hold on to it... and it is something that is bothering us, a negative thought or feeling... we are making it more and more real. Our mind runs with it and we feel how awful the whole thing is, how much we hate it, how much we want to change it, how much it has become an obsession, how much wrong there is in it, how severe a problem it is.

But the answer is never there in that mind and emotion confusion. The mind is limited by what is there in front of it right now and from what it has experienced in the past and imagines what it will in the future.

If however we can pick that thought/worry and drop it into inner silence, we will get an answer. It may not be what the mind can grasp, but there will be an inner knowing of what needs to be done. From this place, we will be acting to heal the world in whatever way our inner silence guides us.

But the inner silence is very silent (quiet), so chances of missing what is being send to us in a whisper is high when we are trying to listen to all the noise being created by the mind. When silent, we are not passive, we can give more than just add more negative energy to an already negative situation. When we go silent, we at least take some of our negative energy (being frustrated and angry, even when the intentions are good is still adding negative energy to the situation) away from a situation that is being given so much power by all the negative thoughts (for or against) that millions of people are adding to it right now.

Does this make sense?

I have tried my best to put in words what I see.
I would love to change the world, but I can only do it by first taking away all the negative energy I am adding to it (even if it is just frustrations)... then add my intention to help... and then I will have answers. When I start listening to that silent voice from within, I will know what I have to do to make a difference. But that silent voice gets drowned by the noise of the mind. Rather than complain and curse and feel frustrated, I put that energy into creating what the inner silence guides me to create.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti;

I can understand what you're saying.
When the problem of shooting happened,I was in the street & i was so much at peace with an inner knowing that nothing is going to happen to me.Even a day later,I woke up on the news from my friend that his brother got violently attacked few meters from our house...I was still at peace inside....when I thought about my reaction later on, I started to feel something is wrong in me...everything is not alright & I'm in a different state...I started questioning if I'm loosing my humanity.

I started the spiritual thing thinking that will help everyone,only to find out everything is still the way it's...the change is only in me.

HUG reciprocated
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  12:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Shanti;

I can understand what you're saying.
When the problem of shooting happened,I was in the street & i was so much at peace with an inner knowing that nothing is going to happen to me.Even a day later,I woke up on the news from my friend that his brother got violently attacked few meters from our house...I was still at peace inside....when I thought about my reaction later on, I started to feel something is wrong in me...everything is not alright & I'm in a different state...I started questioning if I'm loosing my humanity.

I started the spiritual thing thinking that will help everyone, only to find out everything is still the way it's...the change is only in me.

HUG reciprocated
[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]

I am very sorry about you having to live through what you are, in the middle of that kind of violence.

Being at peace within is the first step. You have it.

But now take it further... use samyama and ask your inner silence how you can help.

When the Egypt revolution thing was going on... I had found myself traveling every night in my sleep healing. At first I just wanted to run away, I did not want to be there, I had not signed up to be in the middle of torture and raping and many other atrocities... but I could not turn around... not against my will, I just found myself stay there. And the thing that shocked me the most, I was not just healing the victims, I was healing the perpetrators. It did not make sense, they were causing this, why did they deserve healing? The answer came to me, we can heal many victims, but along with them if we heal the perpetrators, we are removing the source of the problem. The person doing those heinous crimes needs just as much healing, else how could one human do that to another human?

Thanks for the hug back.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  1:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti......far out that's amazing stuff.

Do you get paidvovertime for the night shift
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  1:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

Do you get paid overtime for the night shift

No one has offered yet.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  1:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanx Shanti,I'm not sorry for living where I'm living if that's really helping.I have to admit sometimes I feel I might be related or attracting violence & crisis for life always put in such scenarios without being directed related to it.

Now that you share your story,it makes me at ease...I'm not a reason to violence(believe it or not...I sometimes consider this option ),maybe I'm simply needed to be there.

I practiced samyama after a long time today ...& I see you mentioning it.we are on the same frequency

All Love

Edited by - Delara on Apr 19 2012 1:52:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2012 :  1:55:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Much love to you too dear Delara.

All the best.
Go to Top of Page

BenQuiet

Thailand
12 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2012 :  11:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Delara, I am very sensitive also and find it difficult to comprehend this world with all the suffering and violence, but look at it this way; if we were in a different timeline like Satya Yuga we might not grow spiritually as fast as we can here. As souls we all chose this Earth at this terrible/great shift time ending the Kali Yuga from all over the universe. This is a unique time and place.

Here is a fascinating video with Bill Ryan interviewing Inelia Benz who came here directly from source without any previous incarnations. It is long but good. You can start at 1hr and 23 mins to hear how she had a nervous break down at the age of 3 when she found out that she was on the Earth's timeline where we still had wars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZqzZUV19w

Baraka Bashad

Edited by - BenQuiet on Apr 25 2012 04:07:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  1:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanx BenQuiet!I enjoyed the whole movie immensely.
somewhere along the video,I laughed for it brought to mind that when i was four months old or something,I spoke a complete sentence telling parents what to do in a certain situation ...& After that no matter how much they tried to make me speak i stayed quiet till the age that babies usually speak.whatever spoke through me at that time!

It's a crazy world yes...but I was in a situation where my mind registered a link between higher-beings visiting & crisis happening afterwards.Even meditation ...When I sat for night meditation at 9...they start fighting!So one night I decided to shift meditation time to 8 before the fights start usually :)...& one shop downstairs was on fire & almost burnt the building with it so I had to stop meditation & my mind registered "this is so messed up!" ....But when it's mentioned that Mother Kali is blood thirsty or something...it felt so wrong inside,I know she's not.

Now I'm not moved anymore,I do my practices anyway!

I know Baraka is blessing in arabic but what is Bashad?never heard this word!

Baraka Bashad to you too

Go to Top of Page

Bourgo

USA
57 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  2:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just read this whole thread and......

I am so very confused.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2012 :  2:59:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what is confusing?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000