New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

harsharan000

Spain
59 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  6:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The fear of death is natural to an extent, because all of us have died countless times, in the cycle of births and deaths. And the fear of it, is just a summary of impressions of our past. That is why, without some reason we have particular likes and dislkies, we have a particular personality, a praticylar behaviour, a personal view....and among our past impressions...naturally we may have painful ones related to deaths.

So, we have to grow and mature spiritually,we have enter the spiritual realms conscioussly, in order to reach that level of consciousness.

And meditation is the best remedy. There are many types of meditations, but none is comparable to the one, in which He is the goal.

In the Granth Sahib, it is written in the mool mantra by Guru Nanak: Ik Onkar,
Satnam,
Karta Purakh,
Nirbhav Nirvair,
Akal Moorat
Ajoonee saimbhav
Gur Parsad,
Jap.

Which means:
there is one Lord and He is the unchangeable truth.
He is the doer of all,
He is fearless and He has no enemy
He is beyond timeand space,
He is beyond death, so naturally He is not born either. He is self sufficient.
He is found or got due to the act of grace and mercy, means He is got not by ourselves, but by His grace, when we come in contact with His beloved ones, His Gurmukhs.

Then, when one gets this Gurprasd from His Gurmukh or Sant, we should meditate on Him, with that Prasad(blessing).

As it is said, as you dwell so you become. So by meditating on this primal deathless and fearless being...we become deathless and fearless like Him...apart from that, we a drop... become an ocean, by merging in it....that is His utmost forgiveness, grace and love.

Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  6:54:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maheswari. I think the exact quote was from Chief Joseph riding into the battle against Custer. He launched his warriors saying 'It's a good day to die.' Of course, there must have been other sayings and from other people but that has always stuck in my head ever since I first heard it 25 years ago. I guess some things were once more important than life! How great it must be to live your whole life with a feeling of 'moral imperative'
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2012 :  10:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hoka hey, A good day to die, the war cry of the Lakota Sioux. Credited to Crazy Horse at the Battle of the Little Big Horn.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2012 :  01:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx lmaher22 and Etherfish....
yep native indians were couargeous
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000