Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Question about deep meditation.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

warlock

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2012 :  11:47:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I discovered AYP about a month and a half ago. I started practicing deep meditation at that time also. I also have incorporated 5 minutes of SBP and everything feels to be pretty stable with it thus far.

About 2 days ago, I have started to experience something new in my meditations. I used to think "AYAM" very clearly in my mind when focusing on the mantra. However, I have gotten to the point where I repeat the mantra a few times and then it turns into a a type of undulating vibration in my body. It is a type of vibration that rises and falls with the AYAM frequency... Kind of hard to describe. It has been occurring my last few meditations. Anyways, I have some questions..

1) Is this a normal evolution in my meditations?

2) If so, what does it signify?

Edited by - warlock on Jan 20 2012 12:45:50 AM

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  12:00:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are giving energy or intention to the mantra, then it needs to be avoided. The mantra repetition is a subtle one without any energy or intention associated with it. I think below thread discusses similar topic

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10382
Go to Top of Page

warlock

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  12:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

If you are giving energy or intention to the mantra, then it needs to be avoided. The mantra repetition is a subtle one without any energy or intention associated with it. I think below thread discusses similar topic

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=10382

I think I have described it wrong. It isn't a feeling in my body, it is like I am hearing the mantra differently. The mantra gets fuzzy and all I hear is like a vibration that sounds kind of like ayam.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  02:56:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay then what I suggested may not be the case for you.

Mantra does get fuzzy and very subtle and it is a natural progression for it. I think you just repeat it at that fuzzy level whatever it is. Lets here other opinions.
Go to Top of Page

vijikr

United Arab Emirates
413 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  03:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi warlock,

I think thats fine for the mantra to be fuzzy and to be heard in the background.

May All experience the eternal bliss!

Love n Light
Viji
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  05:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi warlock and welcome to the forums,

It sound to me like you're doing fine. We let the mantra change, if it naturally does. At some point, it will start to take on also other forms, so please make sure you remain open to that.

Keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2012 :  05:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, and your second question:

It signifies that you are evolving.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000