New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  12:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The original FCBE is a C major 7th with a 4th instead of fifth. See if you can play Cmaj7 and move the G down to an F.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  03:37:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, got that. Only really practical for me to tune the open G to an F. I can sort of play it on the 8 th fret but using 4f fingers the stretch back to the F is just about impossible without the fingers muffling the strings. Got enough to get an idea of the sound, it's almost like two different chord voicings, very weird. Might be someone's perfect chord, it definitely isn't mine
Go to Top of Page

Kim

Finland
56 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  05:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kim's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for mentioning Arvo Part Divineis! I had forgot him :)
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  1:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem Kim. I got the pleasure of hearing one of his songs live last night. Fratres for cello and piano it was. OH man, was it ever a good show. Here's a link if you wanna check out the song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vO92REraUo

Edited by - Divineis on Dec 08 2011 1:59:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2011 :  6:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was good.

Have you come across Clint Mansell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKLp...gdata_player

Really original film scores. He is ex pop will eat itself front man. Not yet brought out a solo album, but his film scores are excellent.

I suppose everyone has seen the film "fountain", talk about scenery....man. Meditation on the edge!
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2011 :  12:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cool, thanks for sharign Karl. i'm actually taking film music at school next term :) should be fun.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000