Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Closer to the Edge TT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2011 :  1:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i cannot relate it directly to any AYP practices, but it's a documentary film on the Isle of Man motorcycle road racers. It's about the attitudes of the riders and families to a race the claims several lives every year.

It left a definite impression on me. Even if you couldn't care a fig about motorcycles or Motorsport in general it doesn't matter. It's just a great documentary film, amusing and breathtaking at the same time. I got the that feeling of watching 9/11 all over again at one point.

Somehow it seems pertinent to the practices we do all though there seems no intellectual link.

Sometimes in competition you hear an athlete say they will give 110 %, of course that's impossible, but when you know what these riders are prepared to give, well then, maybe for once it's true. I often wondered what made a WW2 pilot get in the cockpit just to do 'a job' and now I know.

Well recommended to while away a couple of hours. Definitely wont get any better grounding.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000