New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Amfreenow

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2011 :  06:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mikananda

Hello Etherfish

Well said and I agree. I myself have never suffered anything that I would call overload. I have had many profound spiritual experiences. These only motivate me to do more. However my desire to do more only ends up getting blocked by daily activities, other responsibilities, and physical limitations (I hate getting old ). What you consider major I might consider minor. And what I consider major you might consider minor. When all is said and done, each one must decide what path he will take. For when we stand before GOD we will not be able to blame others.

Your words are true for me as well my friend. I have concluded that with some maturity in our practices, and over a long time of practices, that I think you share, that we're not pushing the envelop enough to any longer have to experience major overload symptoms. This is not true for yogis early on in their practices necessarily. In fact, you and I say, just be kind to others. Our practice is that. What kind of overload is there when the heart swells from being kind as our principal practice (rhetorically) In fact, with maturity, and I sense you have this too, then we are content with where we are at, and don't seek to open further energetically.
We are open, we are in equanimity, we are free, we are in equilibrium. We are free from telling others to do this or do that, to fear insanity, to seek this or that. We have lit our own lamp, and we are not following some dogma nor looking up to some figurehead who thinks their way is the only way, or take the highway. We are free, and we just want to help. We are not buddhists, nor sectarians with an axe to grind. Just follow your heart, observe any arising sense of personal inadequacy, and know that it is just a passing thought. So we do our meditation, surrender to our personal sense of Divinity that wells up as kundalini vital energy and just sit with that. We are not making kundalini happen, nor fearful of it's consequences. We are comfortable knowing it is the cosmic life force, and are comfortable to be the vehicle for that loving force, and grateful for that glow that pulsates throughout the body including the head area and the heart. Thanks for your posts, new guy. Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

ClearAvatar

Ghana
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  3:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Yogani, thanks a lot for the reference. Thought I was abreast with all but never related it that way till you pointed me there in relation to my concerns. Incidentally I have started experiencing these arousals which are quite distracting! So I guess it is in order. But will have perhaps reduce the ayp siddhasana - can be very sensitive at times.

And thank you very much for that forum thread! However I have questioned your motive whether you wanted me to have cracked ribs or not, lol!

Thank all very much.
Go to Top of Page

ClearAvatar

Ghana
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  4:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ether,
Thanks for the piece of advice and sharing your experience with me. I always meditate in my hostel room - alone here. However, in the light of all that has been said and the experiences from the 'humorous' link Maheswari sent me, I get it now. Nothing could mean smooth sailing etc. The point is Deep Meditation always does something. Besides, it seems I am comparatively an infant.

Will seek guidance when I reach there - whatever that is! thanks
Go to Top of Page

ClearAvatar

Ghana
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2011 :  4:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Mikananda,
I am but a beginner in this and perhaps not a in position to raise caution. However I cannot help it. Better be wrong than keep it to yourself, I think. I have personally read a lot about spirituality and spiritual advancement. From all of these, unless I misunderstand your viewpoint, there is nothing like you have reached and there is nowhere else to go. There seem to be a serious trap for advanced people like you such that if you do not take care, you will lie dormant thinking you have reached. Would it not be better to at least continue with the practices and have no results than not at all? Certain great mystics or yogis or whatever we called them, seem to indicate that from the individual to world service, there are still farther steps to reach on the cosmic scale beyond explaining to those who have not even reached class one, so to speak. Personally, though a beginner, I feel strongly that you have not reached and no one has yet so testified except by fixation at the so-called Cosmic Consciousness.

You may have to interact with those ahead of you if any. Otherwise be more open-minded and explore for higher regions just to check.

Just sharing my one cedi!
Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  11:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

quote:
So the scope of physical energetics is virtually unlimited, even while the infinity of pure bliss consciousness is handily contained in one body/mind.
... the neurobiology's ability to serve as a channel for "stillness in action"

Have you ever considered the ramifications of experiencing an infinity of pure bliss consciousness in Unity, rather than as contained in one body/mind?
and; What if stillness in action also channels through Unity?

I imagine it might place fewer demands on this one body/mind.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2011 :  1:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BuddhiHermit

What if stillness in action also channels through Unity?

I imagine it might place fewer demands on this one body/mind.

Hi BuddhiHermit:

Stillness in action certainly does express through unity. It is the essence of unity. But, by definition, action and experience are in the realm of the body/mind, gross and subtle. In the subtle strata, this can mean vast physical dimensions, because it is all happening within us. The expression of stillness in action (with or without overload) is always going to have an energetic component, and therefore a relationship with the level of purification and opening in the body/mind, both in the local physical body/mind and its extended presence in the subtle realms throughout the cosmos. The microcosm and macrocosm are one.

What does this mean for the individual practitioner? Not much really. It is all happening naturally inside with daily practice and prudent self-pacing.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

BuddhiHermit

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2011 :  3:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit BuddhiHermit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani, - Not quite where I was going, but a very appropriate answer nonetheless.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000