New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

whippoorwill

USA
450 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2012 :  3:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking of this thread recently. I'm starting to have experiences in meditation that are not unlike what I remember of demerol, and it's not as bad as I feared it would be.

Although, I must admit, I can't trust any of the demerol memories, because memories of the days following my twins' c-section are even more fuzzy and confused than other memories.

Usually the experiences take the form of me noticing my arms resting against my body and the hands resting on my legs, but they're not my arms and hands. I don't know who they belong to. They're just arms and hands. I remember thinking it was immensely funny at the time. I had to stop my internal giggling and come back to the mantra.

I can also no longer tell where "Liz" stops and the rest of the world begins. It's like I can observe the skin, but "Liz" doesn't stop at the skin. I don't know where I stop, but the boundary is no longer at the skin.

Then I come out of meditation and everything is back to normal, except for this notion that maybe "Liz" isn't what she thinks she is.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2012 :  11:11:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hey Ether

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

If it is an opiate, it's not a very good imitation of the original (years ago)

Not sure what you are calling "the original" opiate (I assume morphine), but the active ingredient in Vicodin is hydrocodone, which is indeed an opiate as it is an alkaloid directly derived from the opium poppy (papaver somniferum... I think that's how it's spelled). Codeine, morphine and dozens of other alkaloids are also considered opiates. Opiates are the alkaloids that can be directly extracted from opium latex and opiods are all opiates but also include the synthetic ones. So heroin (diacytelmorphine) is an opiod but not an opiate as it is made by combining morphine with acetic anhydride.

This has been the first installment of Opiate Education 101.

Love!

our own in house chemist .
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000