Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 light dots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  04:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi!
this is not related to meditation or AYP.Just a curious question :)
I've been seeing these small silver particles in the air since I was a child,I used to call it air molecules :D.Smaller than the dust particles that you see when sun lights enter a room but silver and they move rhythmically in the air.
Don't worry nothing wrong with my eyes,I've checked my eyes with one of the best doctors in lebanon (if not the best)...all is good!
Like today :) it's raining beautifully heavily over here,So I can see tremendous number of them every where in the air!It's beautiful & I enjoy witnessing that!
I'm sharing this,maybe someone else can see this?For over here,no one seems to understand what i'm speaking about.So far it's still a personal experience

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  08:32:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,
Others have seen similar things, and after reading about it at the forum, I have seen it too (when i look for it).
Here are a few topics on this:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=8497
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2011 :  1:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanx Shweta...[img]icon_heart.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2011 :  4:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah i see them all the time, don't trip on it, it seems to be somewhat "normal"

i don't know what they are though... they don't seem to be the same as physical 3d objects
Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2011 :  11:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
good links, Shanti. I have skimmed through them just now, and still do wonder if people are really talking about the same thing or not.

I can easily recall that these silver particles appear everywhere in the field of vision when looking up at a clear blue sky. They are always there that I have a mental image of what they look like and the way they move. My first thought like another person mentions in those links is they are blood cells in the eye that perhaps happen to pass through a point where they are somewhat in focus. Quickly consulting 'the book' shows that the rods and cones are at the very back, while the ganglion, amacrine, bipolar, and horizontal cells are in front. It is easy to confirm this when an optometrist moves a bright light in front of the eye, casting shadows of these structures that we otherwise do not perceive.

They might also show up when looking through a telescope or microscope for whatever reason.

Either way, it would be interesting if people describe seeing something that does not match this description.
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  04:18:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello AumNatural;
these light spots are independent of the eye movement.Means they don't change location just by changing where one is looking.they have movement of their own.

Go to Top of Page

AumNaturel

Canada
687 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  08:44:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Delara,

yes I can confirm your observation that they do have a movement of their own that does not change depending on where one is looking. In other words, it is possible to follow their tracks with the eyes just as one would stare at a moving car. They are completely different from the fine debris which I imagine is on the surface of the eye (and is influenced by eye movement predictably) which floats around and looks dark or sometimes translucent and has shape like long strings.

I guess the blood cell theory can't be true since blood cells would be far too small, there would not be independent particles that happen to be 'in focus' but a ton of them all following the same tracks, and the independent movement we both observed from eye movement while still maintaining their track that can be followed.

As a side note, while looking for these particles I also started noticing my vision slowly pulsate with a play of violet randomly streaming in and out alongside afterimages of simple shapes in the field of view, exactly in the same way (though not nearly as clear) as purple 'static' fades in and out and appears to move or pulsate in the darkness with eyes closed in a way that's almost controllable. I don't think it interfered with seeing the particles, but I did have to sort of refresh my eyes to clear that away and focus on seeing the particles.

None of these visual effects have been influenced since starting AYP a few months ago to date.

Yogani in Lesson 194 writes "your view of the world will naturally change over time to become more luminous...In the end, the flashing lights will give way to steady vision..." though the question was about flashes of white light which Yogani seemed to generalize "as symptoms purification in (inner) vision which can come with yoga practices."
Go to Top of Page

Delara

Lebanon
305 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2011 :  1:56:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
...Sounds beautiful.thanx for sharing AumNaturel
Love
Go to Top of Page

thatguy

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  02:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I see these too, just I was wondering what is the point? I love to look at them but what else can i do with it? I've heard you can move it but i wouldnt know how...
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  11:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thatguy and All:

Floco Tausin has made a career out of studying this and related phenomena. See here:

http://eye-floaters.info/floaters/publications.htm

http://www.eye-floaters.info

(If you Google his name, you can find a lot more)

Remember, practices produce experiences, not the other way around.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

PS: The spiritual dimensions of "eye floaters" may be different from the experience of seeing light particles in the air, or maybe not.

Go to Top of Page

thatguy

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2012 :  1:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh okay yeah I took a look, and think it's good that someone is investigating things like this seriously with an open mind.
It's difficult because people use different words to describe what they are, and might mean something else, but I think the main things people confuse this with are:

Floaters - which are clearly clumps of cells floating around on your eye fluids

Blue field entopic phenomena - white blood cells, I can see this too sometimes if I look up at the sky really quickly, they move in set linear lines to your pulse, which is different than what i'm talking about which is:

Prana/chi/vitality globules/photons/whatever you want to call it - which are like light particles you can see flying around in the sky or inside even, and you can see into the air. and if you focus on them... idk they appear right in front of you about an inch away from your eyes. It has a centering effect on me, and I can see clearer.

this is just the result of me looking for answers on different forums around the web, people who see them feel like it's definitely not in their eyes, but others want to say it's just white blood cells... who knows.
Go to Top of Page

rabar

USA
64 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2012 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit rabar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy, friends (been a while):
In total darkness I see these tiny dots of light. At times, depending on my state of relaxation,
they expand and get larger. Sometimes they grow little tails and become paisleys. Ah, now
I understand the hippies' interest in paisleys!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000