New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  10:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Why is SHREE an upper region mantra component? I fail to see the significance here. I only found info it has to do with some kind of female power joining with male, i.e. the balance of male- female, still, I dont understand the significance of this, though it does seem like good mantra, but I' d like more info on which part of nervous system it operates on.
Thank you.
==========

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  10:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you read Lesson 188 where Yogani explains the use of SHREE in the mantra enhancements?
http://www.aypsite.org/188.htm
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  2:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read the article. Shree and Namah that Yogani is proposing in the advanced mantras seem to be general prayers and not direct chakra opening syllables. I have now done some psychological and psychiatric tests and it came out that my heart chakra is open. So, it seems to me that best series of enhancements for mantra should be namah first and then shree.

Edited by - Chrisk on Sep 15 2011 09:04:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2011 :  3:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, I have confirmed that the Shree mantra operates on the crown. This cant be good though especially for beginners.

Edited by - Chrisk on Sep 15 2011 09:05:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  07:04:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chrisk

I wouldn't worry about different chakras being underdeveloped etc. Do they even exist? Can you be absolutely be sure that some are more balanced than others?

My view is that if you do your practice the 'whatever it is' knows what to do and your body mind/whatever will purify accordingly.

Just move onto the mantra enhancements when you feel you are ready for them.

Edited by - woosa on Sep 12 2011 07:42:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  08:33:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I sure hope so... many have wasted countless lifetimes already doing their... mantras and probably we will also... there is no guarantee, or enough information to assess that these are even the correct mantras indeed...
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  08:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
none

Edited by - Chrisk on Sep 12 2011 08:58:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  10:38:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can only speak for myself here. Over time from doing AYP mantra meditation there is a massive difference from breath meditation, which I did for a few years prior.

The difference being energy sensations from the mantra - whether that is important or not, I do not know. However, what is important is my daily life: I have bliss and inner silence. Over time it has been increasing and refining. I am looking forward to what the future brings.

So I would say have a little faith and you'll be glad you did. (Please note here that I am not going to get out an acoustic guitar and start singing Faith by George Michael.)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  10:59:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chrisk

quote:
Originally posted by Chrisk

Why is SHREE an upper region mantra component? I fail to see the significance here.

I'd say it's an upper region mantra because that is where the vibration of Sri is felt. No need to "see significance" there, just use the mantra and FEEL it there.

quote:
Originally posted by woosa

So I would say have a little faith and you'll be glad you did. (Please note here that I am not going to get out an acoustic guitar and start singing Faith by George Michael.)

No acoustic guitar coming from over here either... I prefer this version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-EdCNjumvI

Love!
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  11:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Limp Bizkit, awesome.

Wow, that's going back a bit!

I much prefer Mr George - he doesn't use naughty swear words.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  11:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha... personally, I'm not a fan of Limp Bizkit (they are what I would call "trite" ) but this version of "Faith" gives me chills every time... even 10 or so years later.

\m/ (>.<) \m/

Love!
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  2:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will answer my own question here, I will go for the alternate enchancements of the mantras that Yogani is suggesting rather than the mainstream.

"The difference being energy sensations from the mantra - whether that is important or not, I do not know. However, what is important is my daily life: I have bliss and inner silence. Over time it has been increasing and refining. I am looking forward to what the future brings."

This is not our main reason we are here. Bliss is important but it is not the end cause as Yogani says.

Edited by - Chrisk on Sep 15 2011 09:02:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  3:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chrisk

To me bliss shows that the practices are working - i doubt it would manifest if I was doing nothing (Zen people, please be quiet ).

When all these new sensations were arising I was saying... well so what, this isn't enlightenment etc etc.

But bliss is one of the milestones on the path... i'm not exactly complaining about it; it's better than going through arduous torture and pain .

These might help:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....&whichpage=1
http://www.aypsite.org/258.html

Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2011 :  7:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  4:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have had wonderful experiences and seen positive effects in my life from practicing DM and SB since around May 2011
I started with 10 min DM and gradually moved to 20 min and from there added 10 of SB. I had to back off a couple of months ago to 15 min DM and 5 min SB as I was getting some overload I believe.

I have been reluctant to add the enhancements mainly because of my familiarity with them having been involved in Hinduism since I was a teenager (57 now) and yes indeed Sri (Sree) and Namah are very general in regards to most prayers in Hinduism.

Sri is the equivalent to the English "Mr." in written and spoken language, or as a title of veneration for deities, and very much "Sri" is a name for Laxshmi Devi...

so I am confused about this one, anyone..?

Edited by - yogesh on Sep 14 2011 2:18:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Chrisk

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  2:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, these are Hindu terms, that is why some people are not familiar with them including me. They seem to have been taken out of context from larger Indian prayers.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  5:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Chrisk

Yes, these are Hindu terms, that is why some people are not familiar with them including me. They seem to have been taken out of context from larger Indian prayers.

what confuses me is how can such a common Sanskrit preface such as Sri enhance the I AM mantra, my feeling (without trying it, please keep in mind) is that the added repetition would distract me from the ease and flow I have now with 'I AM'...

I AM mantra and SB works fine for me, perhaps I should just try adding some other practices instead of being concerned with the mantra enhancements..

Peace & Om,

yogesh
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  5:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with you 100% Yogesh

The simplicity of 'I AM' is at the core of DM. Something that we get used after some time with DM. A longer mantra might disturb that "ease" and might sound like a totally different practice.

But Yogani has clearly described the "Wider sweeping effects" of the bigger mantra in the nervous system with more purification. May be once we are ready it will be clear.
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  8:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well,

I am gonna give the 1st enhancement a shot...

SHREE I AM NAMAH

I have chanted many mantras in my life with Sri and Namah, why not give it a go with 'I AM',

Besides Yogani has not steered me wrong thus far..!

I will report back

Edited by - yogesh on Sep 14 2011 9:03:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  10:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogis & Yoginis,

I decided to not go ahead with the enhancement, reason being is I had to cut back my DM to 15 min and SB 5...

So I am thinking I should probably work back to 20 min DM & 10 SB before I do any enhancements anyway...

does this sound like a correct approach..?

yogesh
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  1:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

yogesh

very wise indeed
Go to Top of Page

yogesh

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2011 :  2:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by maheswari

quote:

yogesh

very wise indeed

thanks for your input maheswari...

namaskar

Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  04:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi !
I don't know if u tried the long "SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH NAMAH" mantra... i didn't read about it very much. just read the lesson for the oversensitive meditators. But i can say from experience that this (long) mantra working perfectly ! it's a bit different from the short "I AM" mantra. And i don't think/feel that this enhancement is disturbing the flow or easiness. as i repeat it in my mind when i meditate, i feel it takes me really deep. There is relaxation and silence there. As yogani suggested for the oversensitive meditators, this mantra is working more slowly (in my experience it's less aggressive than the short "I AM" mantra). But still the effect is subtle and very good...

Shimon.
Go to Top of Page

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2011 :  8:35:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shimon, just as you, I have found in my short experience that I-AM is sharper, shorter, and slightly more aggressive(creates more vibration in my head) for me. Its easier to come back to than it is to come back to the whole mantra. Meaning that when I use the whole mantra(3rd enhancement?), I forget to come back to it a lot more, and remain lost for longer periods of time than compared to the I-Am mantra. But the long mantra is smoother(less vibration), more silent and subtle as you mentioned.

So considering all that, is it better to remain lost longer by using the long, whole mantra? Or better to remain lost much shorter with the I-AM mantra? The second option would mean that we are "with" the mantra longer/more often. Does that mean that this is more effective/purificatory?

I have been using the long mantra for the last month and not finding it to be as powerful as the shorter one. Its feels like I am lost in random thoughts almost the whole time and not really doing DM as it should be done. According to the lessons, Yogani said that even this is good meditation and that thoughts coming up are symptoms of purification, right? So, maybe the longer mantra really IS more effective/powerful due to the "wide sweeping action" and capability to stir/bring up thoughts? In that case, I'll just have to get better at remembering to "go back to the mantra" to make DM even more effective ?

I love this forum. Everytime I post a question, it feels like I remember something from the lessons that I have been forgetting, and end up re-editing my post over and over before finally posting.

Edited by - Vayu on Sep 19 2011 8:47:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shimon

Israel
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  03:13:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a little bit confused by those two yogani's lessons (Oversensitive meditators & Mantra Design 101 - lesson 188).
In one lesson yogani suggests the long mantra for oversensitive meditators (from normal cases to premature kundalini and crown).
On the other lesson (Mantra Design 101), he says that the long mantra is an enhancement for advanced students because it goes directly to the crown when usually he says that it needs to be avoid or else there will be devastating consequences, especially for premature kundalini and crown awakening (like i have, and i'm an oversensitive meditator).
what should i understand from that ??
any help... ?
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  8:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you have advanced with meditation, the long version of the mantra will do lots of good. But if you just started and yet are a little bit oversensitive, the longer mantra may help to deepen slower and still use mantra meditation as a vehicel to go to inner silence.

If the long mantra is still too much for the nerves, then another object of attention like the breath may smooth things out and let you dive into inner silence aswell.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000