New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Vayu

USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2011 :  9:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shimon, it may be possible that the "namah" parts of the longer mantra are beneficial to those who are oversensitive because it works at the heart area, which has a stabilizing effect i think.. Maybe you could try "ayam ayam namah namah" for a while before you add "shree" and "om" to it? Alternatively, you could also try out the Solar Centering enhancement and see how it is before moving on to the longer mantras because it requires awareness at the solar plexus, which may be stabilizing too. But in general, if everything is added in a smooth, self-paced way over a long timespan, there shouldn't be a problem.

Edited by - Vayu on Sep 20 2011 9:59:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Marcel

USA
41 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  5:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marcel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

I'm glad I found this thread under a search for "SHREE OM SHREE OM AYAM AYAM NAMAH NAMAH".

I have been using this 3rd enhancement to the mantra for the past 3 weeks now, as I have found that I am indeed an over-sensitive meditator.

Like Shimon, I found this mantra to be very powerful at first,
quote:
But i can say from experience that this (long) mantra working perfectly ! it's a bit different from the short "I AM" mantra. And i don't think/feel that this enhancement is disturbing the flow or easiness. as i repeat it in my mind when i meditate, i feel it takes me really deep. There is relaxation and silence there. As yogani suggested for the oversensitive meditators, this mantra is working more slowly (in my experience it's less aggressive than the short "I AM" mantra). But still the effect is subtle and very good...

My experiences were the same: profound silence and stillness. I would only need to silently say the mantra once of twice and this state would arise. I also found myself only needing to do it once a day in the morning followed by long walks, being in nature, and eating a heavier diet to ground out the energies.

Recently, my experiences for the past week or so have been more similar to those of Vayu.
quote:
I have been using the long mantra for the last month and not finding it to be as powerful as the shorter one. Its feels like I am lost in random thoughts almost the whole time and not really doing DM as it should be done. According to the lessons, Yogani said that even this is good meditation and that thoughts coming up are symptoms of purification, right? So, maybe the longer mantra really IS more effective/powerful due to the "wide sweeping action" and capability to stir/bring up thoughts? In that case, I'll just have to get better at remembering to "go back to the mantra" to make DM even more effective ?

I find myself only silently thinking the mantra once and I am lost in thoughts for the rest of the 20 minutes. 5-10 minutes are then needed to lay down afterwards

My question to you all is: How have your experiences developed over the past 9 months? Shimon, Vayu, Chrisk, and Yogesh?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000