New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  4:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Maheswari, thanks so much for your kind words! Last night I sort of adapted the Heart Breathing Yogani mentioned above by doing it with my usual breathing (all the way to the base) while linking my heart chakra with my ishta as we've done in tantra which, as we recall, had a wonderful effect on my partner. This resulted in indescribable ecstasy, prolonged periods of breathlessness, laughter and tears of joy. Thanks, Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2011 :  6:55:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jamie

I do love that phrase "ecstatic conductivity" dont you?
It really is all about the heart center and nothing else.. well not for me anyway.

My skin glows, my eyes shine, I feel great, I cant help but smile. I feel a constant connection with my breath and body and at times I feel like I am just radiating so much love and it is pouring out of me, I feel so open and receptive and filled with love.

I pray and envoke Shakti and people say I am different afterwards and seem so loving. People actually comment about the change and notice the difference without me saying anything it makes me very happy.

Edited by - Kahlia on Aug 04 2011 9:49:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  02:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Kahlia, Yes, it is SOOO wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It is great knowing I have a sister who is experiencing the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

RSS

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  07:27:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit RSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone. This is great stuff and it really gives me something to look forward to.

This does bring up a question in my mind. Where does penetrating the star in the Kutasha (spiritual eye) fit into this? Has this already happened for most of you, or is this something that is yet to come? PY and others talk about this as one of the main goals of a yogi during meditation. In fact, I thing that you have to penetrate the star in order to achieve Samadhi and/or to go into the astral and causal realms.

Also, my understanding is that realization and enlightenment is a very definitive thing. There should be no doubt when it happens. A yogi would have to reach a state of Samadhi that is maintained 24/7. This would imply that he would be able to access the astral and causal realms at will, even in the middle of doing human chores.

Kriya literature states that doing 1,728 pure kriya pranayams (spinal breaths) in one sitting (about 12 hours) leads to dhyana (automatic or perfect meditation). Reaching a low level of Samadhi is even harder.

The information that I have is from reading kriya and other yoga books. Not from personal experience (unfortunately). I was just wondering where these wonderful, blissful and ecstatic experiences that some of you are experiencing fit in as milestones on the road to enlightenment/realization.

Much love to all,
Bob
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2011 :  5:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Bob, I'm sure Yogani has answered your questions in some detail in the AYP lessons with regard to the "milestones" and all. Answering from my personal experience (and I am not a representative of AYP), I don't really have much interest in the astral and causal realms although at one time I found this fascinating and spent a lot of time doing that. The star is pretty much just "here" as a given. I personally reject the idea of "enlightenment" as a goal to be reached. Having said that, my "new effortless state of being and bliss" or "a state of Grace," if you like, did in fact happen very definitively and I can recall the exact moment and my life has been utterly changed since that moment. I am aware of the astral and causal realms, although frankly nowadays my focus is on staying grounded enough on this plane to take care of my worldly duties, otherwise I will have a tendency to just go into meditation. With regard to your question in general (and again, this is just my opinion), it is based on kind of a mechanistic, goal-oriented approach which assumes you are not already a perfect manifestation of Love and that somehow you are going to get there by doing certain things in a specified way. Perhaps this works for some people; it didn't work for me (I did the SRF/kriya thing for many, many years). IMO it's all about cultivating bhakti and being open to grace. Yoga is something we do to participate in and enjoy our connection with Source Reality which is always present here, now, in our heart, not an arduous exercise to achieve some future goal. I wish I had known this many years ago; I could have spared myself a lot of grief. So my advice is ENJOY your yoga practice and surrender to the Bliss and Love that is in your own heart and do not doubt, it will eventually take over your entire life! Much Love and Blessings to you, Jamie
Go to Top of Page

Kahlia

161 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2011 :  01:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A State of Grace - I love that, its a very appropriate and fitting description of the unfolding beauty and surrender that lights this breath taking, glorious path!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000